It is no secret that these last weeks of pregnancy are tough for even the most optimistic among us! I'm compiling some affirmations to rely on in particularly emotional moments - and maybe as a bonus I can even "calm" the baby out!
Here is what I've been saying:
"My baby will let me know as soon as he is ready to come."
"My body is healthy and growing the perfect-sized baby for me to easily deliver."
"I am ready to labor and become a Mother."
"My due date is just a guess and I won't be pregnant much longer."
Any other ideas????
Laszlo Jacob, 11/9/11
I have a whole deck of birthing affirmation cards my friend gave at my Blessing Way to me prepare for the twins' birth. I hung them all around the room where my birthing tub was on the chair rail - they were right at eye level and I would soak at night and neditate on all the words.
This lady even makes some: http://www.etsy.com/listing/70992148...m_campaign=api
- I know how to take care of myself in pregnancy.
- My body knows how to give birth.
- My baby knows the true birthday.
- Birth is safe for me and my baby.
- My baby will be born at the perfect time.
- My body knows when to give birth.
- I am a good mother.
- My baby will find the perfect position for birth.
- I love my baby.
- My baby loves me.
- I am a strong woman.
- Contractions help to bring my baby.
- I will make the right decisions for my baby.
- My pregnant body is beautiful.
- My baby senses the peace I feel.
- I accept the help of others.
- My baby's head fit snuggly into my pelvis.
- I accept my labor and birth.
- I am surrounded by those who love and respect me.
- I trust my body.
- I know how to take care of my baby.
- My baby feels my love.
- I will make plenty of breast milk for my baby.
Homebirthing, breastfeeding, sling wearing, cloth diapering momma to 3 girls ages 7 and 6 year old twins and peanut #4 due sometime in late September
are you religious?
"let go and let God" (or any other higher power) or Let go and let ____ (baby, universe, perfect timing something like that)
Yours are great and Erika list is nice and extensive. Maybe we should put affirmations blended with a sticky/resources list i'm sure i'll be coming back to these in a few months
<3 Dh Jason 3/22/03
Baby #4 11/24/13
These are all great suggestions! Will you have any on an ipod or anything like that Jasmine?
Krystal & Donovan - 12/2/06
Reagan - 10/2/02
Maximus - 3/10/05
Liberty - 12/11/08
My angel in Heaven 1/7/13
Krystal, I'm unsure. We're bringing some tribal music on an iPod + dock, but I kinda tend to think I'll do best with silence.
One of my friends found that some of the hypnobirthing tracks didn't quite work for her - she wrote out her own affirmations and had her husband read them over some ambient/new-age style music for laboring. I thought that was a cool idea!
And Erika, thank you. I'm making cards - I think the one about "the baby knows his true birthday" was especially what I need today
Laszlo Jacob, 11/9/11