I spoke to both my OB (before I left her care last month) as well as my doula about "going fast." My first labor was 4 hours with an epi (which often slows things down). Since it is common for second births to go faster than the first and I do not plan to request an epi this time, I suppose that could mean a very short time between "I'm feeling kinda off" and "I'm ready to push."
Everything you read about NCB suggests to labor at home as long as possible, but I know if I wait until I am having fast and heavy contractions, I will NOT be willing to get in the car and will end up having an unplanned and relatively unassisted HB. My doula suggested calling her and heading to the hospital as soon as I feel the first signs of impending labor.
Anyone else have experience with this?