Birthworks

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mom2ThreeKiddos's picture
Joined: 09/15/09
Posts: 1380
Birthworks

Has anyone heard of Birthworks? Have you taken a birthworks childbirth class?

Chimmy's picture
Joined: 08/03/01
Posts: 2776

Never taken a class before, but I know someone who teaches them Smile Are you looking at taking a class?

Mom2ThreeKiddos's picture
Joined: 09/15/09
Posts: 1380

I was thinking about it. I have to review a class for my doula certification.

MrsMangoBabe's picture
Joined: 04/09/07
Posts: 2276

I've heard of them through other natural birth stuff. Looking at the website, it sound like it would be a neat class to observe. There aren't any childbrith classes outside the hospital in my current area...so I'm really excited to offer Hypnobabies...though lately I have realized that my area has a lot of people who may be uncomfortable with the idea of "hypnosis," so that will be an interesting challenge...

Mom2ThreeKiddos's picture
Joined: 09/15/09
Posts: 1380

we have Bradley classes here too, but Bradley is 12w and well..... I don't actually like the instructor very much. For many reasons. I doubt she would even let me sit in. LOL I want to get my certification done. I will have my 3rd client in December so I should have everything I need by the end of the year.

Chimmy's picture
Joined: 08/03/01
Posts: 2776

That is so exciting Christy!! I LOVE doula work, I can't imagine doing anything else. I think sitting in a Birth Works class would be a lot of fun, and from those I've spoken to who are familiar with it really like what the class teaches. If you do end up sitting in one I'd love to hear what your experience was like Smile

Mom2ThreeKiddos's picture
Joined: 09/15/09
Posts: 1380

So you ae a doula too? Any advice tips for a newbie?

Chimmy's picture
Joined: 08/03/01
Posts: 2776

Yes, for a few years now & I love it. I started my buisness 'officially' at the begining of this year as in I'm finally putting together a website, buisness cards, promoting myself & am certifying through Childbirth International. I think it'll give what I do more legitimacy. I also do placenta's.

Not sure if I have any advice or tips, other than to follow your heart with this one. Birthwork I think, in a lot of ways, is a very intuitive & personal thing. I love how common doula's are becoming again - it's wonderful.

btw your avatar is hilarious - I love it.

Mom2ThreeKiddos's picture
Joined: 09/15/09
Posts: 1380

That is great! I am certifying through DONA. I am also going to the hypnobabies instructor training in March. If you need any website help just let me know. I am a web developer.

I am glad you like the avatar. Lol.

MrsMangoBabe's picture
Joined: 04/09/07
Posts: 2276

I don't think I've told you I like your avatar, too, Christy Smile

I have been considering changing my website. Right now I have a free site through weebly (www.peacefulwavesbirth.weebly.com) My SIL recently shared on facebook the free flash site she made for her and my brother for photography using www.wix.com, and I really like the flash animaion--I joined wix just so I could play with it and it is really easy to customize your site (while the weebly sites are just templates that you plug your own info, pics, and widgets into) and the flash animation gives it a really professional touch, but in order to have your own domain name with wix, you have to upgrade to their premium service (which is like $4 a month), and as far as I can tell, you don't have to do to use the weebly web hosting with your own domain name...so, I don't know

Chimmy's picture
Joined: 08/03/01
Posts: 2776

Oh yay! Another Hypnobabies doula! I love it! I've done hypnobabies with my 3 last three & plan on going through the training as well. Was hoping to go around the same time as Brittany but don't think it'll end up working - I've too much going on atm.

Thanks for the offer on web design! My husband does it as well so I suckered him into it lol We go through 1and1.com ~ Just gotta find the time when were both at home at the same time so we can figure it out Lol

Mom2ThreeKiddos's picture
Joined: 09/15/09
Posts: 1380

"MrsMangoBabe" wrote:

I don't think I've told you I like your avatar, too, Christy Smile

I have been considering changing my website. Right now I have a free site through weebly (www.peacefulwavesbirth.weebly.com) My SIL recently shared on facebook the free flash site she made for her and my brother for photography using www.wix.com, and I really like the flash animaion--I joined wix just so I could play with it and it is really easy to customize your site (while the weebly sites are just templates that you plug your own info, pics, and widgets into) and the flash animation gives it a really professional touch, but in order to have your own domain name with wix, you have to upgrade to their premium service (which is like $4 a month), and as far as I can tell, you don't have to do to use the weebly web hosting with your own domain name...so, I don't know

With Weebly you can buy your own domain name and point it to your weebly account. I have seen the wix. You can buy animated web templates that use flash that you could host on weebly as well. Here is one where you can see them: http://templates.entheosweb.com/keywords.asp?ke=childbirth
I like the flash, but it doesn't work well on all browsers so I decided against it. I am working on a new site right now. I bought one of the templates because I am so busy I don't have time to work from scratch.

Here is my site. As you can see it is one of the templates on that page I directed you to:

http://www.nurturedbirthdoulas.com/temp1372/index-3.html

I am working on it right now so you can see it is in a temp folder. the site is not complete. I am having problems with the main page on internet explorer so I am going to reload it from the template.

$4.00 a month really isn't that bad. I pay $70 a year for webhosting. Of course I host 3 different websites and they are all included in the $70 a month. I orginally bought it for my card site and now it is mostly for my babywearing / cloth diaper shop. http://nurturedbabyboutique.com

Mom2ThreeKiddos's picture
Joined: 09/15/09
Posts: 1380

"Chimmy" wrote:

Oh yay! Another Hypnobabies doula! I love it! I've done hypnobabies with my 3 last three & plan on going through the training as well. Was hoping to go around the same time as Brittany but don't think it'll end up working - I've too much going on atm.

Thanks for the offer on web design! My husband does it as well so I suckered him into it lol We go through 1and1.com ~ Just gotta find the time when were both at home at the same time so we can figure it out Lol

Well that is cool! I am doing the training in St. Louis. It is very close to my house. Whew!

MrsMangoBabe's picture
Joined: 04/09/07
Posts: 2276

"Chimmy" wrote:

Oh yay! Another Hypnobabies doula! I love it! I've done hypnobabies with my 3 last three & plan on going through the training as well. Was hoping to go around the same time as Brittany but don't think it'll end up working - I've too much going on atm.

that's too bad...it would have been really neat to get to meet you IRL

"Mom2ThreeKiddos" wrote:

With Weebly you can buy your own domain name and point it to your weebly account. I have seen the wix. You can buy animated web templates that use flash that you could host on weebly as well. Here is one where you can see them: http://templates.entheosweb.com/keywords.asp?ke=childbirth
I like the flash, but it doesn't work well on all browsers so I decided against it. I am working on a new site right now. I bought one of the templates because I am so busy I don't have time to work from scratch.

Here is my site. As you can see it is one of the templates on that page I directed you to:

http://www.nurturedbirthdoulas.com/temp1372/index-3.html

I am working on it right now so you can see it is in a temp folder. the site is not complete. I am having problems with the main page on internet explorer so I am going to reload it from the template.

$4.00 a month really isn't that bad. I pay $70 a year for webhosting. Of course I host 3 different websites and they are all included in the $70 a month. I orginally bought it for my card site and now it is mostly for my babywearing / cloth diaper shop. http://nurturedbabyboutique.com

Thanks for the advice.. I had heard that flash can cause problems sometimes. I had been playing with wix, but I decided to ditch it and do some more work to make my weebly site look better. I did a bunch today and am pretty happy with it right now. Eventually I will buy a domain name (not sure if I will do peacefulwavesbirth.com or if I will do something like [mytown]hypnobabies.com when I start teaching hypnobabies), but I'm sticking with the free one for now--at least until I book a paying client!

Mom2ThreeKiddos's picture
Joined: 09/15/09
Posts: 1380

Yeah free is good. LOL