To doula or not to doula?
I have been hoping for a homebirth this time around. DH and I met with a midwife and had our questions answered and everything...but DH has decided he is just not comfortable with homebirth, and is afraid of the (albeit, small) risk. So, we are going to have another hospital birth. I want a doula, but apparently everyone in my area is $1500! Add that to my $2500 hospital bill, and I just don't know if I want to pay THAT much for a hospital birth.
What do you recommend? Did you have a doula? Do you think you could have done natural childbirth without a doula? Is it worth the cost?