I had my midwife appointment on Saturday where we went over the breakfast I need to eat 2 hours prior to my appointment for my blood draw... and all I can say... is how in the world am I going to be able to finish all the food/liquid they want me to? Pregnant or not it's a lot of food, or at least liquid for me to imagine having to get down in one sitting. Then I have to go for a 30 minute walk right after.
Part of me wishes they just wanted me to drink the bottle of "Sunkist" since it's way easier, but I guess eating is better than having to fast. Basically they want me to have:
- 2 scrambled eggs (I don't like store bought ones anymore after eating farm fresh at MIL's eggs so luckily they're saving me 2 for the test since they've been losing the chickens to coyotes lately).
- 2 slices of toast or 1 english muffin
- 2 slabs (or whatever they're called) of butter
- 1 - 8 oz glass of milk
- 1 - 8 oz glass of orange juice
- 1 - 8 oz glass of tea or coffee (I don't drink either) so they said water was okay
I can't add anything to it or not eat/drink some of it. For those who didn't have to drink the orange soda what sort of breakfast menu did you have to consume?
I'm not too worried, I didn't have GD with Callie and I'm eating better this pregnancy than I did with hers... and I've gained maybe 1 lb since my first OB appointment at 8 weeks