So about a week ago, my BP started elevating and unfortunately it's enough to be the borderline 140/90 that my midwife is able to handle. I've now been out of work for a week, so relaxation/rest and have been taking magnesium and CoQ10 all to try and lower it, but it's still fairly borderline (sometimes above, sometimes below). I'm lucky in the fact that she is giving me another week, but as of Friday if it doesn't go down then she has to transfer me to the High Risk group at the hospital. Because at that point I'll be 38 weeks and a VBAC, I'm terrified that it will be a do not pass go, stay here for your auto c-section. I've worked so hard this pregnancy to get my HBAC and it just feels like it's all starting to slip through my fingers now.
I guess I'm just trying to see if anyone has any advice I can take at this point?
I'm so sorry. I'm dealing with HBP too. Mine's in the same range as yours. Last appointment it was 140/86. The same thing happened to me during my first pregnancy too. What I'm doing to try to control it is taking a Cal/Mag supplement, walking at least 20 minutes everyday (and longer whenever I can), and drinking a ton of water. When I'm home I try to rest and relax a lot.
I'm sorry it's threatening your HBAC. That must be adding a lot of pressure which probably isn't helping your BP
Mine was also borderline like yours this pg. I did everything you mentioned. I also cut down my sodium intake, cut out caffeine, and my chiro did a special BP adjustment that worked the best. I was able to keep mine just low enough to have my hb.
Goodness, I am so sorry!! I have been praying every day for nothing to stand in the way of my HBAC, and I know you must be very anxious about how it will play out. Any way that you can begin working some natural induction methods? I am not sure how this may affect your BP though so I would talk to your midwife first, but often BP will continue to rise until LO comes. I know it's a little early, but I would probably be willing to try it. And then even if you are in the hospital, they can induce before going straight to c/s if you and baby are well. I will MOST DEFINITELY keep you in my thoughts. Please KUP and I really, really hope it works out to your satisfaction. I cannot imagine what you must be going through (((BIG HUGS)))
Ariel & John: Military Family since May 17, 2006
Sylvia: 12/18/08, Justus: 9/17/10, Bunni: 5/11/12, Surprise Baby: Guess Date 11/5/13
I don't have any advice either but I'm so sorry to hear the your BP is becoming an issue. Sending you lots of low BP vibes for you HBAC.
~Joy~ DS1-8/5/05, DS2-10/18/10 (VBAC#1), DS3- 4/11/12 (VBAC#2!)
Lots of water throughout the day
walking 20 minutes or more each day. (treadmill for 30 minutes works well for me!)
cut out salt and caffeine
a special chiro BP adjustment
I'll add that for me, waiting for 10 minutes at an appointment and chatting calmly before the BP is taken, thinking calm thoughts...helps prevent the rise in B/P from "white coat syndrome".
Ivy (4) visits Nana
Thanks ladies...nice to at least be around other people that "get" why I'm so emotional about it...not one else in RL seems to.
I've been doing all the above, except for the chiro thing. I actually have an appt w/her today and will ask her (I've been going now for 2 weeks since starting with her to turn the breech baby which was successful). Do any of you know exactly what the BP technique was?
We have also started some natural induction techniques...if I only I could get my *&^% DH to have sex...he did this same thing during the last pregnancy.