Hey girls, I know I don't post here much but I just needed somewhere to vent.
I have a friend who is pregnant (doesn't live close) and her and her husband are all into eating whole foods and she is gluten free, etc. Well, Monday was her due date and she said she was being induced on Thursday (yesterday) if she didn't go into labor by then. I think I thought she had a midwife but she doesn't and I as gracefully as I could told her I hoped she went into labor before then but to try not to be induced because of the risks, etc etc.
Well Thursday comes and she posts an update that they finally started "the first step in inducing her" (cervadil maybe?) at 7pm. Of course she is all comfortable in her hospital bed watching tv and waiting...
Then this morning the update is that she started pitocin at 6am and not much is happening. AHHHHHH!!!! I Just want to scream at them to just WAIT on their BABY and not try to make her body do something it's just not ready to do yet! It's SO frustrating. So I left this message: Is there any dilation/effacement/softening yet? Would they let you go home and try again later if there's no progression? You guys should do what *you're* comfortable with but maybe baby just isn't ready yet? Praying praying that things progress and go smoothly!
It's SO hard because I don't know her super well - her husband went to college with mine and they are pretty close. But she is a great girl and seems to have a good head on her shoulders and I totally thought she would know better than this! :bonkself:
Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. I just really really hope this doesn't lead to a c-section. She is already pretty destined for an epi with pitocin starting...
Oh and what doctor induces that early? I thought they usually waited at least a week, this was just three days late! My babies were 5 and 6 days late and those extra few days in the long run didn't matter one bit!