I haven't really posted my whole OT moving and finding a house saga that's been going on since April... but the short version is that our landlady told us she's not interested in renewing our lease which is up on July 3rd, so we started thinking about our options. DS1 and DD starting next year are going to school in a different town (town... haha! there are like 50 families... so maybe I'll use the word village...) anyway, there are only a handful of kids from our town who go there, they have to take 2 buses starting at 7am and getting to school at 8:30. We chose the school because we agree with the philosophy, but most families in our town would rather do the easy thing and stay local. So we started looking into the other villages in the area where kids from the school live... For almost 2 months we were pretty sure we had a place on one of them - the one closest to where we live now... until we were told abruptly and for no reason that we were not going to be able to rent there...
So about a month ago we finally signed a lease on a cute little house in a lovely village one over from where the school is! So now that we have a "home" I have finally started thinking about my home birth!
I met with a MW last week who lives 10 minutes from our new house, she has been a MW here since 1970! She seems really cool and she believes in women's bodies. And my friend and new neighbor just birthed with her last year and had a great experience.
So why am I hesitating? Because everything is changing! And I'm nervous. I'm just nervous that I can't predict anything about how this birth is going to go, how this move is going to be, what my new community is going to be like.... I know a few people there, only 3 speak any English! In the past 5 years we moved from NY/NJ (massive!) to a "city" in the middle of nowhere with a population of 7500, and now we're moving to a tiny village with a total of 80 families! I'm excited, but I'm also nervous.
And every birth of mine has been in a different place with different attendants! I thought that my MW team from my last birth would be it for my future births, but one MW stopped doing HB, and the other decided to sell her car and only take local births... soooo I don't know... I just want some continuity! I guess that's why I haven't called her back yet. But I know that I can't have that, so I need to just call her back and tell her that we want to hire her!
I guess this was more of a vent than anything else, but I'd be happy for any support or ideas. Thanks!!