So I saw the OB yesterday, and even though he said my blood glucose numbers are good, and he doesn't anticipate me having to go on insulin because I didn't have to with my last two, they will still induce me between 39 and 40 weeks! I refrained from informing him that 'No, They will not!". Figure we have lots of time for that argument in the future :)
I cant believe that I got through 2 full term pregnancies with GD and nobody even mentioned induction, and now I feel like I am being ganged up on with this one. I really dont feel that the risk is that great, as 2 other Drs were fine with me going on my own before.
Anyways, I did get to see my babe :) So cute, had the hiccups. Baby is measuring about 3 lbs at this point, which is big, but not huge. OB said he anticipates about a 9 pounder, which is right on with my other babies.
I will have to go back for another ultrasound at 34 weeks to check size and then go for 2 NST's a week starting at 37 weeks. Personally I think the NST's are also a waste of time (was not sent for a single one my last pregnancy), but I am willing to go along with it, as I feel that it will give me more peace of mind and keep me from being pushed into something I dont want if it comes to an argument about induction.
Anyways, for some reason this appointment calmed me down, even though he didnt say what I wanted him too. I think it just solidified my resolve and at least this Dr seemed to know what he was talking about, unlike my reg Dr.
That's disappointing, but I'm glad you are at least feeling more confident! And that all is really looking good with baby :)
I had a doc who wanted to push delivery of my GD baby at 38 weeks and then I switched docs and babe was born just shy of 40. Don't let them bully you. I love this site for information : http://www.childbirthconnection.org/
If it comes to that you can always try to get your body started on it's own before then and they can't force you to show up for an induction. Glad you're feeling more calm and it's always nice seeing the babes :)
Thanks for the information. With DD I went to 40 weeks, and DS was born at 39. I was allowed to go naturally with both of them. So I am hoping that if I can push the Dr's back to 41 weeks I should be able to get things going on my own :)
It is just crazy how it totally just depends on the Dr. That says to me that there really isnt a huge risk in waiting.
Agreed, they totally can't force you to show up for an induction. That is all up to you and when you want to show up to have a baby.
Sorry this issue is already on the table but I'm glad you are feeling at peace with the whole thing and not stressed about it. Its good that you've BTDT and know what is right for you.
It makes me sad though, to think of how many woman have gotten pushed into an induction, and potentially a C-section because they didnt know any better.
Originally Posted by jolly11sd
It is so aggravating how different OB's can have such different opinions. I had GD with my 3rd baby, my VBA2C baby and one high risk dr I had to see for it said I had to have a c/s at 38 weeks (or the earth would burst open and we'd all be engulfed by flames from hell. okay, not exactly but she was rather dramatic about risks :roll:) , the other high risk said all was well with continuing on with my plan to VBA2C but preferred I have the baby by 39 weeks, 40 at the latest and my OB said all was well and would be fine waiting until 42 weeks if need be. For the record, I was completely diet controlled and my dr said with diet controlled GD there's no added risk. I mean, geesh, we sort of ran the gamut on that one.
I'm glad you know but you're right, it's so frustrating knowing someone else might not have that information or know from past experience and be pushed in that direction!!