Intro - Baby #3, planning Outdoor HB

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Natural Mama's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 11/11/13
Posts: 28
Intro - Baby #3, planning Outdoor HB

Hi ladies! I was directed over here from the July DDC Smile

Baby #2 was a HB and we're planning another one. We're living in a new state so MW will be new, will meet with her closer to 12wks.

I'm a very low-intervention mama, I pretty much only do the 20wk scan to check for physical anomalies but other than that I decline all tests.

We're on a homesteading/off-grid journey with our two girls. We have 15 acres of land and plan to give birth outside, maybe a water birth like the others (well water LABOR at least with the other two), we'll see how it goes.

Excited to be here and read through y'alls resources!

Oh, and if you're interested I do the "Bradley" method kinda. I just breathe real slow and relax during birth.

AnnaRO's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

Hi and Welcome!! I hope you have a very uneventful pregnancy and fabulous birth!

I'm Anna, I'm also pregnant with #3 and planning a birth center VBA2C. My EDD is 5/18 or 5/21 depending on how you calculate.

Natural Mama's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 11/11/13
Posts: 28

"AnnaRO" wrote:

I'm Anna, I'm also pregnant with #3 and planning a birth center VBA2C. My EDD is 5/18 or 5/21 depending on how you calculate.

Woohoo! Go lady!! Smile

Spacers's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/29/03
Posts: 4104

:wavehello: Welcome to the board! It's nice to get some new faces here. I'm Stacey and I'm done having babies. Smile

raingirl28's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 09/03/07
Posts: 1347

Welcome and good luck! Outdoor birth seems awesome...if only I lived in a rural area...and wasn't due in January. There's always next time though!

knhoward's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 04/22/08
Posts: 999

Welcome! I am planning my 2nd homebirth in April/May with my 4th child. I hope your outdoor birth works out for you, I have a friend who had an outdoor birth with her 3rd child.

Natural Mama's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 11/11/13
Posts: 28

"knhoward" wrote:

Welcome! I am planning my 2nd homebirth in April/May with my 4th child. I hope your outdoor birth works out for you, I have a friend who had an outdoor birth with her 3rd child.

Really? How did she do it? I'm not finding many stories/videos of women birthing outdoors in the US. I'm totally curious as to what she did Smile LOL!

knhoward's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 04/22/08
Posts: 999

"Natural Mama" wrote:

Really? How did she do it? I'm not finding many stories/videos of women birthing outdoors in the US. I'm totally curious as to what she did Smile LOL!

Well, she did it in her backyard, she lives around the corner from me, and we live in a city, but her yard is very well treed and the neighbours are not too close by, so it's fairly private. She just asked her midwife if she would be fine with that and her midwife said yes. I don't know many other details about her birth. We are in Canada though, not the US. Not that I would think country would make the difference. I wouldn't be comfortable with outside birth, but my neighbours can see right into my backyard and they are pretty close even though it is fully fenced, also the weather in Canada in April could be snow, so it would likely not be comfortable at all Blum 3

Natural Mama's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 11/11/13
Posts: 28

"knhoward" wrote:

Well, she did it in her backyard, she lives around the corner from me, and we live in a city, but her yard is very well treed and the neighbours are not too close by, so it's fairly private. She just asked her midwife if she would be fine with that and her midwife said yes. I don't know many other details about her birth. We are in Canada though, not the US. Not that I would think country would make the difference. I wouldn't be comfortable with outside birth, but my neighbours can see right into my backyard and they are pretty close even though it is fully fenced, also the weather in Canada in April could be snow, so it would likely not be comfortable at all Blum 3

Thanks for answering! Glad she got to birth outdoors, I think it's awesome Smile

gardenbug's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 03/12/07
Posts: 2025

Three of DD's 4 births were outdoors in their backyard hot tub. The second birth had to be in their sun room due to cold weather in early May. This was in Alberta, Canada.

cactuswren's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 10/19/09
Posts: 4658

Welcome! Love your plan Smile My girls were both NCBs at a birth center, but after DD2's awesome water birth last month, I'd totally consider something like a backyard hot tub birth if I had access to such a thing. (DD1s birth was without intervention but MUCH more difficult, and ended on the bed.) Now that I know how much better it can go, though, if I were having more babies, that would sound pretty appealing! I'm done, though, so I'll just follow you Smile

In my Hypnobirthing class for DD1, we saw several videos of outdoor births--one was an "orgasmic" birth in a backyard hot tub, and there were a few in the sea that were just crazy! Sorry I don't have links...(although this was totally the sea-birth one we saw clips from: http://www.birthasweknowit.com/)