I've been lurking here for awhile. I was a member of the December 2013 group but I started having problems with my account and I never fixed it so I haven't posted in a long time.
Anyways, I'm almost 31 weeks pregnant (will be tomorrow) due December 24th and hoping to have a natural birth. I have a midwife (I'm in BC so its a part of our medical system) and we're planning for both a hospital and a home birth because I can't make a decision of where I want to be. My heart wants to birth at home but my head says hospital. The midwives I'm with are totally fine with me planning for both and then making a day of decision.
Welcome to the BN board!
Anyone can post your lodge for you, just let one of us know if we forget!
If your heart says stay at home, then go with that. If you or your baby needs to be the hospital, then obviously you go, but why expose yourself to those risks (interventions, infections, etc.) if you don't need to? I planned two home births but both times I ended up at the hospital for very different reasons. I'm glad the hospital was an option, but if home is an option, that's the best place to be.
David Letterman is retiring. Such great memories of watching him over the past thirty-two years!
Now that I have to go ahead to do both, I have a feeling I will be staying home as long as everything is going well. My DH is very supportive and wants me to feel comfortable but neither of our families is very supportive, we pushed them out of their comfort zone just getting a midwife. I figure that if we do get the home birth, we'll just say the baby came too fast and we stayed home (one of the reasons we're telling our families we don't want them at the hospital, we may not be there). I know that it isn't any of our families' business but we see them regularly (we live 5 minutes from my parents). DH's family wouldn't say anything but I know they weren't very happy when DH's cousin and his wife had a home birth. My family is very vocal with their opinions which is why I plan not to tell them.