So I didn't share that I had to take the fun 3 GTT. I almost refused, but decided to do it. I was diagnosed with GD with my 2nd child. That is the birth that essentially got me into a vbac unfriendly state. With Lilly was diagnosed GD and I was also on blood pressure medication for elevated blood pressure. Sound at all familiar??? At the time I didn't believe I had any options. The doctor wanted to deliver my baby at 38w. I was neither dialated nor effaced. He felt it best to just do the repeat section because he didn't want to do an induction. At the time I was not as informed as I am now. I really wanted the vbac and felt so defeated. When I got pg with my son, I neither had GD nor had the high blood pressure I had with Lilly (my 2nd). What I did have was preterm contraction (or so they said, I question that now because I never dialated even up until 36w) anyway they gave me absolutely no option. It was repeat c-section, no chance of anything else. It was essentially these experiences that led me to where I am today.
I started out heavier this pg then I did with any of my other kids. I had a miscarriage in May 2010 and I held on to all the weight I had gained, plus put on a little more. I wasn't huge or anything, but heavier. When I found out I was pg I was so excited. I was determined to find a care provider to deliver me. I had bleeding off and on most of the 1st trimester. Of course coming off a miscarriage it scared the crap out of me. On top of everything else my father had a massive stroke which he nearly died from. He spent a month in a nursing facility and while he is much better, he is still not fully healed. My mother has been in the hospital 2x over the winter. My mother is incredibly ill. She is on a transplant list for a new kidney. She is severe diabetic, has parkinson's disease and early stage dimentia. She has neuropathy and is legally blind due to her diabetes. She had gotten all mixed up with her medication and od'd on purpose on pain killers which landed her in the psychiatric ward. This was right before Christmas. Well she ended up back in there after Christmas. They changed her medication around and seems to be doing much better. But I can tell you the stress of all of this has been incredibly horrible for me. On top of all that I am not on some type of probationary discipline thing at work because I "didn't communicate effectively" during my absences and I missed too much work. I want to quit this job anyway and just focus on childbirth education and doula and well most of all focus on my kids. Anyway stress stress stress. I can't lose my job at this point because we will go bankrupt. (literally)
So I get this call from the dietican at the hosptial wanting to set up an appt. Of course I had never even talked to my doctor about any of this yet. I seriously can't believe this is happening. He was already talking delivery at 38w due to my chronic hypertension. Now this. I did really well controlling my GD with my daughter and my numbers were fantastic, so I have no issue with that part of it. The idea of sticking myself for blood draws over and over each day is not something I want to do though. Please any advice on what I can do to try to keep my dream alive because I have an ob appt tomorrow and I just know what he is going to say. I really do like my ob a lot and considering the state of vbac's here in my little community I felt blessed to have found him, but he is a maternal fetal specialist and this is what he does. He is very natural birth friendly, but I do think he will even have a threshold. I have been having contractions already (like last time). Very inconsistent, but can be fairly strong. Ideas and advice greatly appreciated.