So, I had my obligatory appointment with the OB that supervises the midwives (he insists on seeing every VBAC).
Basically, everything is going fine, Im up 20 lbs total, and he would prefer if we had a firm delivery date by 39 weeks - if not in labor by then, he would like a c-section. BUT his caveat is that he wants to have another appointment by 39+3 if Im not delivered so that he can be sure to discuss the additional risks of going later - He's still ok if we decline the c-section.
I knew the data he was telling me, but Im not going to schedule a c-section unless something is not right (bad positioning, etc) or the risks of our individual situation outweigh the risks of c-section. I wont be able to make that decision until I know a LOT more about our individual situation AT THAT TIME.
We also finagled a tour of L&D, since there are no classes or tours scheduled there before we go. THey have a couple of nice huge tubs for laboring (and occasional birthing) in, these nifty roller things for birthing balls, and in the event that both tub rooms are taken, these HUGE showers that they can put shower chairs in. Seems pretty nice overall.
The nurse who gave us the tour looked over my birth plan (I trimmed it a LOT for the "official" L&D staff version per the advice of the Navelgazing Midwife's posts...since the "long" version has been gone over with the midwives and we're all in agreement) and she was very supportive of it (thank goodness! last time I just got the eyeroll and "you're going to have a section" comment).
Only bad thing today is not related to the visit, but my son had a stomach bug last week, and I think I've caught it. My guts are 17 kinds of pissed off at me and that's causing contractions like crazy. *sigh*
Such is life!