SERIOUSLY considering a HB
You may have read my other post about BCBS giving me the run around, trying to force me into a hospital birth when I wanted to go to a free standing birth center like I did with my other two kids. I think I'm going to win that fight by the way, but even so...I was creating a back up plan for myself just in case, and I think I might like the back up plan better than my original birth center plan.
I met with a HB midwife this evening to just talk to her, get a feel for her personality, etc. I REALLY liked her! I felt so at ease with her and her assistant. She hugged me when she left like we were old friends. It was really nice! I feel very comfortable with her stats and since I've had 2 very healthy pregnancies with uncomplicated deliveries, both natural, I'm a great candidate for a homebirth.
I guess I'm still stuck on the idea of a birth center because it's what I know, but the birth center is over an hour away and if I do it at home, well...I obviously don't have to go anywhere! That is so appealing. I'm not going to stress over this and I know God will help me make the right decision. I just thought I'd ask your input.
BTW...financially it's about the same whether we go to the bc (if they approve the in-network thing) or do a HB.