Yay! My Hypnobabies came!

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
faeriecurls's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 06/04/08
Posts: 790
Yay! My Hypnobabies came!

I got my home study course today! I'm so excited, I'm transferring all the cds to my iTunes tonight so I can start tomorrow! DH is actually excited too (although he keeps joking about being able to hypnotize me at any time for "evil" purposes) and is totally ready to listen to all the CDs and read the workbook. Yahoo

Do you think he will fall asleep listening to the tracks or be hypnotized himself? He thought he might be able to listen to them on his way to work (On the subway), but I thought it probably isn't the best idea.

krazykat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/11/07
Posts: 1143

They tell you in the workbook and on the CDs to never listen to them while driving (except the affirmations are ok) or while doing anything that needs your full attention. If he "falls asleep" that's ok. His subconscious is still absorbing the materials and suggestions. I am so glad he is on board with you!! I finally got my DH to consider listening to his CD by telling him it will probably help him sleep (lol). Which is true... they help me a lot sometimes if I am having trouble sleeping.

That's awesome! Please, let us know how your first session goes!! I love hearing about other hypno-mom's experiences.

faeriecurls's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 06/04/08
Posts: 790

I definitely will let you know how it goes. DH doesn't drive to work... he takes the train - that's why I wondered.

kvo
kvo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 days ago
Joined: 12/18/06
Posts: 902

Do both partners have to do it? My DH would never in a million years go for it. He thinks all of this is a load of BS although he wouldn't dare tell me what to do regarding giving birth....lol.

I can't wait to get mine in the mail and start too.

krazykat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/11/07
Posts: 1143

"kvo" wrote:

Do both partners have to do it? My DH would never in a million years go for it. He thinks all of this is a load of BS although he wouldn't dare tell me what to do regarding giving birth....lol.

I can't wait to get mine in the mail and start too.

No, both don't have to do it. Although it does come with a quick reference manual for your birth partner. If it was me, I might give that to my doula or someone else who is planning to provide labor support just so they can help remind you of things if you lose focus, kwim? DH isn't even going to be here when I have the baby, but I think he is just more curious than anything to find out what it's about.

I think it says something about that in the first section: It's perfectly ok if you are studying, etc by yourself.

ETA: My husband was a skeptic too until I started showing him HB birth videos... you can't deny that SOMETHING is working for those mommies. Then the lightbulb came on for him.

cactuswren's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 10/19/09
Posts: 4658

"faeriecurls" wrote:

I definitely will let you know how it goes. DH doesn't drive to work... he takes the train - that's why I wondered.

Well it wouldn't be unsafe for him to listen on the train, but if he's anything like my DH, he might suddenly wake up in Coney Island! Lol

rainymama's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/24/07
Posts: 409

I am super-excited for you! It has made a big difference in my ability to relax and sleep and also my confidence in my ability to have a NCB.

faeriecurls's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 months ago
Joined: 06/04/08
Posts: 790

I just did my first script - middle of the day, totally awake, sitting/reclining in my bed and I was listening and totally aware of everything, the next thing I know I opened my eyes and the track had stopped and I don't remember the last thing I heard! I missed a phone call. I didn't think I would sleep since I wasn't even tired.

If DH listened to this in the AM on the way to work he would wind up at the last stop of the train.... especially in the AM when he is tired.

Both partners don't have to do it - my DH is totally on board and willing to listen to it all and read the whole workbook, but you can do it on your own.

MrsMangoBabe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 04/09/07
Posts: 2276

I'm glad you had a good first experience, Erica! My DH also jokes about hypnotising me to get more sex, lol. I would often put it on out loud when we were going to bed, and I think he stayed awake for the whole script once. (I know he was sleeping because he snores).

cactuswren's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 10/19/09
Posts: 4658

"MrsMangoBabe" wrote:

I'm glad you had a good first experience, Erica! My DH also jokes about hypnotising me to get more sex, lol. I would often put it on out loud when we were going to bed, and I think he stayed awake for the whole script once. (I know he was sleeping because he snores).

Yeah, I think DH stayed awake once when we did it during the day, but at night, he's OUT and snoring by sentence two or three. I think at this point I could put on Marie Mongan talking about the most fascinating subject on earth and he'd still be triggered to pass right out at the sound of her voice. I hope he stays awake while I'm in labor :lol:!

krazykat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/11/07
Posts: 1143

"faeriecurls" wrote:

I just did my first script - middle of the day, totally awake, sitting/reclining in my bed and I was listening and totally aware of everything, the next thing I know I opened my eyes and the track had stopped and I don't remember the last thing I heard! I missed a phone call. I didn't think I would sleep since I wasn't even tired.

If DH listened to this in the AM on the way to work he would wind up at the last stop of the train.... especially in the AM when he is tired.

Both partners don't have to do it - my DH is totally on board and willing to listen to it all and read the whole workbook, but you can do it on your own.

I had a similar experience my first time! I had breakfast, even drank a cup of coffee... I thought I was ready to go for the day... I listened to my script for what seemed like about 20 seconds, and then I woke up to her counting up. It just reinforced to me that I am a very good candidate for hypnosis, and hopefully that means you are as well!! That is awesome Biggrin

kvo
kvo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 days ago
Joined: 12/18/06
Posts: 902

I got mine too!!!! Very excited to try it. Not sure when I'll get the chance, but hoping to download to iTunes while I watch LOST.