Welcome to your lodge
Ariel & John: Military Family since May 17, 2006
Sylvia: 12/18/08, Justus: 9/17/10, Bunni: 5/11/12, Surprise Baby: Guess Date 11/5/13
Oh man! I am so sorry I didn't notice- I would have started this for you! Welcome to your lodge, Jennifer!!! Come and share your stories with us!
Mara & Joel, 2009
Welcome to your lodge!
Christy birth doula, Hypnobabies instructor, small business owner & most importantly MOMMY.
Welcome to your lodge! I look forward to following your birthing adventure!
Chase-13, Trey-11, Layton-9, Zander-5, McKay-3, Declan-1, Keely born 9/6/2012
Wow, thanks girls! I am feeling about ready to pop, but I have another two weeks left, so we will see when this little guy decides to make his appearance. I have a strong feeling that he is pretty big already, so I am kind of hoping he will come sooner than later. I am feeling a little concerned with him getting too big and running into problems with my natural birth plan.
My Birth Plan:
Labor and Delivery
• Prefer to move freely throughout labor and pushing and be in positions other than lying on my back
• Prefer intermittent, external fetal heart rate monitoring (wireless if possible)
• Prefer to eat and drink, and not have an I.V. for fluids
• Prefer to tear naturally with the assistance of positioning, warm compresses, and counter pressure
• Prefer to push when I feel the urge
• Please allow the cord to stop pulsating before clamping and allow the placenta to come naturally without aggressive management: no pulling and tugging without medical necessity
• Prefer not to have an epidural
• Please do not ask what my pain level is or offer me pain medications unless I ask for them
• Would like to be consulted before administering any medication
• Prefer to deliver placenta naturally and not have Pitocin administered after birth
• Prefer to have baby placed directly on my chest, skin‐to‐skin, immediately after birth
• Prefer to start breastfeeding as soon as possible from skin‐to‐skin position
• Prefer to allow cord’s pulse to slow before cutting
• Prefer to wait at least an hour before beginning newborn examination in the room
• We do not want the eye ointment or Hep. B vaccine administered
• Prefer to avoid artificial nipples (bottles, pacifiers)
• Prefer to have baby with us at all times, please only perform tests that we approve
• We want our baby to be circumcised
• In the event a C‐section is necessary, I would like to remain awake and to have a hand free to be
• able to touch the baby and hold my husband’s hand
• Prefer the baby be given to me for skin-to-skin contact immediately after birth, if possible. If not possible, prefer the baby be given to my husband
• My husband should be with the baby at all times and I would like my doula to be with me if he needs to leave me to stay with the baby
• Prefer to breastfeed as soon as possible
Would love any input you may have...
Welcome to your lodge!
~Joy~ DS1-8/5/05, DS2-10/18/10 (VBAC#1), DS3- 4/11/12 (VBAC#2!)