Aw that pic of Aiden nursing is adorable! Teagan is very particular about how she sits in my lap these days. Gosh, I couldn't imagine having a big 'ol pregger belly in the way. Hopefully Teagan will be old enough by then to grasp that Sprog needs the lap room and just accept that nursing will have to be done differently ... because we all know she'll still be nursing this time next year :).
I think she's giving Adair ideas. She keeps saying "When I'm older, I will drink milk from your boobies, Mommy!" I keep telling her she has it backward, but she just laughs and says "Oh!" but then says it again later. Yesterday I heard her telling her friend Wren at school. :ROFL:
Originally Posted by TiggersMommy
Love that pic, Jackie! So snuggly. Looking forward to hearing about your appointment...stalk stalk stalk
Alrighty, it wasn't a bad appt today at all but I did leave frustrated and upset. I really hate having a deadline pushed on me even though I knew it was coming eventually.
First, the NST went for 30 minutes. Zoe decided she wanted to take a nap so we had to nudge her awake the get responses but once awake did exactly what they wanted. Part of me couldn't help but find the contraction portion neat to watch. I had a couple of BHs while hooked up that I found fun to watch on the screen along with seeing Zoe's response.
I then waited around for an hour for the OB to be free to join me and the u/s tech (and DH and Aiden - it was a crowded small room!) for a quick look. They gave her a BPP score - she's perfect. Zero concerns, as expected. :D However, the OB wanted a weight guesstimate and the tech said 8.5 lbs. I immediately said, "but these things can be off correct?" And she admitted that it can be off and that the bigger the baby estimate the more it can be off. Especially with how far down Zoe is right now. :roll: It was neat seeing that Zoe's head is below my bladder. Explains the change in peeing recently. lol. If that doesn't say low baby what does?!
After that DH and I talked more with the OB. This is the same OB I saw earlier in pregnancy to discuss VBAC and RCS risks. He gave very factual information then. He was very honest and factual today too. He did not lie to me at all. He just presented all of the information way less upbeat than he had previously. I know he's faces issues from the hospital and his insurance with VBACs, making him paranoid. He likes to see VBACs go on their on by 41 weeks, and if not for the moms to make a decision. I told him my decision was I'm going to give Zoe more time and I understand that risks that we went over and I accept them. He didn't press me. I think he likes knowing there will be nothing scheduled over his holiday weekend. Ha ha. But my next appt is Monday morning with another NST/BPP with him after which we have to come to an agreement. I HATE this feeling that I'm on a deadline for Monday. I don't want to show up to that appt. To the OB it is safer (when you add up the risks) for me to agree to a RCS, where to me it's better for me and Zoe and future babies to attempt a foley induction at that point. I know they've done them in the past, but the OB seemed during the convo to feel that I'm much more likely to have another failed induction if I go that route (and emergency c/s do have more risks than scheduled ones). I think he was getting caught up on the weight estimate being 8.5 lbs even after I pointed out that DS was engaged OP, water was broken by the OB quickly, he had a big head, and I did not have a favorable bishop's score. Going past 42 weeks waiting for natural labor just isn't something *I'm* willing to do though. DH needs to leave at the end of next week for his TDY so he can finish training on time. I will be putting the OB at odds too. You can see the fear in his eyes that I would want to go past 42+0. *sigh* Really hoping all of this is for nothing and that Zoe will arrive naturally before then, but I can't help but feel the need to plan my what ifs.
What am I comfortable doing myself if I'm still pregnant come Sunday morning? What info can I find on inductions, specifically foley, for VBACs before Monday? What if a RCS is what I'm left with? :banghead:
And of course my biggest fear is that I just won't even go into labor naturally. I know, I know, no one can stay pregnant forever but c'mon body!!!
If I do go into labor naturally, I can still deliver with one of the MWs that I love. But it's not all natural, I will be with an OB.
Any ideas? lol
Haha, Leigh! I wonder if Teagan talks about nursing with her friends at school. The other kids are always very interested if I nurse Teagan when I pick her up. At least two other kids in the class are still nursing and they're never there when I pick up T.
Update, update, update!
Aiden asked for boob as soon as we got to the office this morning. DH quickly said, "no!" DH doesn't like me nursing a 2 year old in public if he's not hurt. :p
First, you're going to go into labor before Monday so quit worrying ;)
Second, even if 8.5 lbs is correct that's NOT a big baby. That's a perfectly normal and very birthable size for a 41 weeker.
Third, you're going to go into labor before Monday so quit worrying ;)
Fourth, your OB really does sound great. 95% of OBs would have pressured you into a RCS a week or so ago. This guy seems like he really wants to take care of you and Zoe rather than just covering his own butt. I feel like he'd really tell you to schedule the RCS now if he had any *real* concerns that weren't insurance based.
Fifth, you're going to go into labor before Monday so quit worrying ;)
Sixth, you're body IS doing what its supposed to do!! You've grown a perfect little girl and she's locked & loaded. When labor starts your body is clearly going to know exactly how to get her out safely. Your oven is just calibrated to cook longer. That's all.
Come on out Zoe and show your mama just how awesome she is!!
Yes, as frustrated as I left he is a good OB. He wasn't trying to scare me or throw the dead baby card at me. I am lucky since I never would have been "allowed" to go this far with an in town practice. And it's not like a birth center or HB MW are options for me here (even the underground HB MWs won't come to my house since it's on federal property).
And no I don't feel that 8.5 is a big baby at all. I feel that the OB was a bit caught up on Aiden being 8.5, so my chances of a successful VBAC of an 8.5 baby isn't high. Which doesn't compute in my head since I feel there are a lot of other factors that matter way more.
I completely agree with all of this, especially the "you're going to go into labor before Monday so quit worrying" part :p
Originally Posted by TiggersMommy
However, I will just throw out there as a suggestion (as someone who was VERY STRESSED about the stupid imposed 41 week clock she was on) that I truly believe that blue cohosh did put me in labor, and then when I took more later, did help me go from 6-10cm in a very short time. Black, which is less strong, I'd been taking all that last week to no effect other than some BHs. I added blue on my last day, and was in clear, active early labor within a couple of hours. Then I got "stuck" at 5-6cm for something like 14 hours, even with broken water halfway through, tons of position changing, dancing, walking, in tubs, out of tubs, resting, moving, everything. They gave me one dose of black cohosh and one of blue, and within an hour after that I was complete.
I know everyone's body reacts differently to these things, and there hasn't been enough study on it to prove incontrovertibly that it works the way it seems to anecdotally, but if I were you I might keep that suggestion in my pocket for Monday JUST in case. You won't need it. But it might make you feel a little better to have it as a backup plan for "natural" induction, since the possibility of needing to make a decision is stressing you out.
I'm sorry the appointment was less than great. Ugh I know the pressure of having her is no fun. But like TiggersMommy said, I am sure you will have her by Monday. That's like basically a whole week away! :) Have DS nurse like 50 times a day, go for long walks, DTD, drink RTL(even though you said it doesn't do much for ya), and so on and I just know she will come out for you. It does sound like your OB is great which is amazing! You just never hear about OBs being that laid back which is sad, but true. I'm glad that he seems to care for you and the baby and that you are in good hands with him if for some reason he ends up delivering you instead of your fav MW. There are so many what-ifs to labor and delivery and I know it feels more stressful when you throw in a VBAC, but I just really feel like this is all going to work out just fine for you!
I'm sorry you are facing the what-ifs and deadlines from your doc. Like Erin said, he sounds pretty awesome in terms of not pushing much yet and respecting your wishes. It is hard not to get caught up in the unknowns that come with getting further and further past your due date. It really sounds to me that you will go fast once you do go. I would totally go for the foley induction first, your body has been prepping so much it may just need a little nudge.
The pics of you and your son in the ring sling are SOOO cute! I threw my 2yo daughter in ours for the first time in a long long time and she loved it. It was the same carry as you used and she was so comfy and so was I. Too bad I didn't get any cute pics like you did.
Wishing you the best over these next few days. She will come and it will be wonderful!!!