Just a note upfront, some of the words are clickable to other links. Scroll your mouse over the blue words and click to be directed to another link.
If you are considering cloth diapering or just want to know more about it, this is the place to look! We know all the information overload can be overwhelming at first, but if you give cloth a shot we think you'll find it easy and fun! If your question isn't answered here, please feel free to post to our board. Actually, post an introduction anyway so that we can get to know you! We are so glad you are here!!
Our board is a little bit different since we have a lot to do with buying and selling. So, before posting, please take a few moments to become familiar with our Community Guidelines. Outside of that, we also have two topics that we'd like to highlight:
* Anything concerning buying/selling or trading your own cloth diapers: A bi-weekly thread will be started by the mods where you can add your diapers for sell or trade , all info & updates will go here or in the actual FSOT (for sale or trade) sticky, nowhere else. We do this to keep the clutter down on the main board.
*WAHMs (work at home moms) can advertise by putting links to their store and/or products in their signatures. Links & info can also be added to the Huge cloth diaper list and the FSOT Sticky. No other spamming by WAHMs is allowed.
* All other fluffy pictures are allowed so long as there is no spamming (ie - no trying to sell a product in a regular thread on the board).
1) Sharing Links from Other Websites:
* If you are sharing a link from another website, please keep the topic of conversation within guidelines. Ie: "look how cute this is" or "help me stalk this". These links should not relate to something you yourself are selling (because that would be spamming). Questions about a store or products feedback are welcome (for example, "do y'all like XYZ diaper?"). Please do not bring outside drama from other message boards to this one.
Now, on to the fun stuff!!
Cloth Diapering Board FAQ
The list is complied by different members of the cloth diapering board here on pregnancy.org. Thanks to everyone who contributed!
- Common Acronyms
- Diaper Types/Diaper Accessories
- What You Need to Get Started
- Prepping Diapers Before First Use
- Storing Dirty Diapers
- Washing Diapers (including wool)
- Stinks and Stains
- Cost Factor
- Time Factor
- Leaving the House With Cloth
- Sewing Your Own Cloth
- Cloth Wipes Information
- Mama Cloth and Other Alternatives
- Favorite Stores/Brands
IPF- Indian Prefold
CPF – Chinese Prefold
DSQ- Diaper Service Quality
AIO, AI2- All-in-one, All-in-two
CD- Cloth Diaper or Cloth Diapering
EC- Elimination Communication
TTO- Tea Tree Oil
MT- Mommy's Touch
EUC, GUC- Excellent Used Condition, Good Used Condition
PPD- Postage Paid (Price includes postage)
Acronyms for Brands of Diapers
MOE- Mother of Eden
HH- Happy Heiny
JB- Jonny Bottoms
BB- Better Bum
BLB - Blueberry
FB- Fuzzi Bunz
FF – Fuzzi Fannies
SB – Swaddlebees
BG – Bum Genius
GM – Good Mama
PBPD – Pot Bellied Pig Designs