Diaper rash with cloth :( - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61

Thread: Diaper rash with cloth :(

  1. #11
    Posting Addict TiggersMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    8,390

    Default

    Aw poor little lady! What you talking about, year and half? She'll be potty trained by 18 months .

    Do you see any difference depending upon which diaper she's wearing? Do the GMD PFs do it too? I'm asking because Teagan was getting red monkey butt from one kind of pocket. When she's in a PF, does she only get red where the diaper is wet and coming in contact with her skin? If not, its not just a wetness thing. Are you using cloth wipes? Does using them or disposable make any difference. Teagan gets a red butt if I use just water on her cloth wipes. I add a little calendula oil and it clears right up. Did she still have this problem when you were using Rocking Green? Do you have any wool covers? They really help to air out the diaper rather than keeping the moisture against their skin. Little Bird has wool covers by Cloth for Your Angel that I use and like. Teagan wakes up pretty much dry in them most of the time because she'll pee a little at the beginning of the night and it'll evaporate by morning when she goes on the potty.
    Erin
    DD Teagan 9/25/10
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    SShhhhhhh, we're not FB official.

  2. #12
    Posting Addict Marite13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Southeast Asia
    Posts
    7,537

    Default

    A lot of other people have said it, but I also think it might just be the wetness. I know when I've had my DD in sposies for one reason or another (usually traveling), I have to really remember to change her more often when I put her back in cloth.

    I'm sorry, Erin, did you say your 9 mos old is using the potty!?!?
    Mara & Joel, 2009




  3. #13
    Posting Addict cactuswren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    8,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TiggersMommy View Post
    Aw poor little lady! What you talking about, year and half? She'll be potty trained by 18 months .

    Do you see any difference depending upon which diaper she's wearing? Do the GMD PFs do it too? I'm asking because Teagan was getting red monkey butt from one kind of pocket. When she's in a PF, does she only get red where the diaper is wet and coming in contact with her skin? If not, its not just a wetness thing. Are you using cloth wipes? Does using them or disposable make any difference. Teagan gets a red butt if I use just water on her cloth wipes. I add a little calendula oil and it clears right up. Did she still have this problem when you were using Rocking Green? Do you have any wool covers? They really help to air out the diaper rather than keeping the moisture against their skin. Little Bird has wool covers by Cloth for Your Angel that I use and like. Teagan wakes up pretty much dry in them most of the time because she'll pee a little at the beginning of the night and it'll evaporate by morning when she goes on the potty.

    Yes, she did have it with Rockin' Green, although I just bought some more Borax to tide me over because I do think it was better when I was using that. I cannot find Calgon anywhere--where did you get it? I do just use water on her cloth wipes at home (we use cloth at home and disposable wipes in her diaper bag, which I then wash and reuse as disposable liners) I will try calendula oil, although that's what I use for my cloth safe balm (Badger Balm) and it doesn't seem to help much...It's always patchy, not just one big redness, and after a couple of days if I can't get it to go away, her skin breaks open. The best thing besides disposables that I have found to fix it is lots of air-out time, but now that she is so mobile, that is a LOT harder to accomplish. I tried putting her in her high chair for breakfast with just an open PF in the seat, but DH nixed that plan when she pooped up the front and it got all over the straps yesterday (sorry, )

    I definitely know for sure I'm still struggling with hard water issues, though, and I think that's a good first plan of attack...if I can find some Calgon! But the bottom of my new washing machine is coated in white deposits, and I never have used any detergent in there that isn't totally free and clean rinsing--I've used Arm & Hammer Clean Rinsing, Rockin Green Hard Rock, Soap Nuts, Charlie's, and now I'm on Country Save. The only additive I've ever put in the machine is Borax. So I know it's hard water deposits, not soap. So frustrated...
    Last edited by cactuswren; 07-19-2011 at 12:29 PM.
    -Leigh-
    DD Adair Lucille 7/6/10
    DD Faye Louise 10/19/13

    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

  4. #14
    Posting Addict TiggersMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    8,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marite13 View Post
    I'm sorry, Erin, did you say your 9 mos old is using the potty!?!?
    We do part time elimination communication. I'm usually able to catch her first morning pee and her daily poop by sticking her right on her little potty when she wakes up and when she indicates that she's about to poop. It's sort of just a parlor trick but cleaning out her potty is soooo much less disgusting than spraying off her diaper. I haven't got a clue if it'll cause her to potty train faster but at least she's practicing and its unlikely she'll be afraid of the potty later on.
    Erin
    DD Teagan 9/25/10
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    SShhhhhhh, we're not FB official.

  5. #15
    Posting Addict TiggersMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    8,390

    Default

    I found Calgon at K-mart. The one on ... erm ... Broadway and Kolb, I think. I could be making that up. OK, google says I'm not lying. Its the only place I've seen it. We've got the ring around the washing machine too. Drives me batty. Adair must just have more sensitive skin. Sorry about the high chair poo-splosion! Do you have tile or linoleum in your kitchen? Could you just let her loose in there? That's pretty much what we do but Teagan also only poops once a day. If she were like a ticking poop bomb I probably wouldn't let her run free so much.
    Erin
    DD Teagan 9/25/10
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    SShhhhhhh, we're not FB official.

  6. #16
    Posting Addict cactuswren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    8,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TiggersMommy View Post
    We do part time elimination communication. I'm usually able to catch her first morning pee and her daily poop by sticking her right on her little potty when she wakes up and when she indicates that she's about to poop. It's sort of just a parlor trick but cleaning out her potty is soooo much less disgusting than spraying off her diaper. I haven't got a clue if it'll cause her to potty train faster but at least she's practicing and its unlikely she'll be afraid of the potty later on.
    This is how I feel about EC, but never really got it together when Addy was younger. I have started putting her on first thing in the morning, though (since being reminded by what you said!) and have caught one poop and two pees. Yay! At her one year checkup, Dr. Callie suggested starting to introduce her to the potty, so I guess we're right on schedule (for non-EC babies...oh well). To my surprise, she actually likes it, as long as I let her play with her toothbrush while we wait for something to happen We use a baby seat on the big toilet, not a small potty (our bathroom is TINY) and she always looks surprised and happy when she hears the noise of whatever she just did falling into the water. I think it's a good reinforcement...will be nice if it is, anyway!

    Yeah...Addy is a TOTAL ticking poop bomb, hehehe...we do have tile in a lot of the house, but still...yikes. I'm remembering, though, that I have a whole stash of ratty fitteds. I could use those for mealtime diapers and at least get her a little more air time that way, with less risk to the furnishings. The potty time is also air time! Every little bit helps...

    Thanks for the tip about KMart. I will check it out!
    Last edited by cactuswren; 07-21-2011 at 05:48 PM.
    -Leigh-
    DD Adair Lucille 7/6/10
    DD Faye Louise 10/19/13

    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

  7. #17
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NB Canada
    Posts
    5,315

    Default

    I am not much help on the washing. When DD gets a rash, I stick her in sposie for the night with lots of cream.

    We however do EC. I started her at 4 months. I switch to cloth because I was tossing out unsoiled sposies. They also get all buched up and look uncomfortable. We average three diapers a day. The odd poo every few weeks.
    Louise





    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/bdbbf


    God gave Joseph his sister Juliet on November 19th, 2010.

  8. #18
    Posting Addict tori729's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South of the Mason Dixon Line
    Posts
    10,608

    Default

    I agree that doing sposies at night w/ lots of cream can make a huge difference. I've had good success with Aquaphor too.
    VICKI & Tim 6/17/06
    DS Micaiah 2/14/08
    DD Noel 3/3/10
    DS Judah 4/10/13




  9. #19
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    I'd do sposies at night with a hot load of triple paste on her.

    Triple paste is AWESOME! I'm a Mom who uses cloth all day and a sposie at night on my kid ~ after having two in cloth full time this is the best, easiest, most wonderful solution for us.

    Just like I might use Mama cloth all day, but a tampon at the pool as my kids love to swim, I'm all about doing what works vs. what may be idealistic

    Hope her bum improves quickly!

  10. #20
    Posting Addict cactuswren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    8,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    I'd do sposies at night with a hot load of triple paste on her.

    Triple paste is AWESOME! I'm a Mom who uses cloth all day and a sposie at night on my kid ~ after having two in cloth full time this is the best, easiest, most wonderful solution for us.

    Just like I might use Mama cloth all day, but a tampon at the pool as my kids love to swim, I'm all about doing what works vs. what may be idealistic

    Hope her bum improves quickly!
    Well to be honest I'm right there with you on the practicality...I do want to see if the Calgon makes a difference first (for my laundry too, frankly!) but if we still have an issue after that, using one sposie per day is not going to kill me, if it's what works for us. We shall see! Thanks for all the help, ladies!
    -Leigh-
    DD Adair Lucille 7/6/10
    DD Faye Louise 10/19/13

    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions