So after months of researching...I finally placed my first cloth diaper order!
DH is very against cloth diapering (not the additional work or anything, just thinks I will ruin our washing machine washing poopy diapers! ) So I decided to just start with a few for me to use on baby during the day while DH is at work and see how it all goes and if I like ti I can always buy more...
So I ordered from Green Mountain Diapers and Amazon.
- I got a dozen white small size prefold dipers - made by Green Mountain
- and also one of their fitted diapers
- a pack of 3 snappi's
- a Flip diaper cover - hook and loop
- A Thirsties Duo wrap - hook and Loop
- A Thirsties Diaper cover - hook and loop
- A Bummis Wisper Cover - Hook and Loop
- (2) doubler inserts - workhorse? I think
- Rocking Green detergent
- a wet bag / pail liner
So did I forget anything major?
Is there any product you would reccommend for a newbie? I am trying to be very economical....
Is a special cloth diaper rash cream really needed at this point - espcially if I am only doing CD'ing very part time to start? I figure if a rash appears i can use the regular A&D ointment w/ a disposable diaper for now until I decide if I want to go forward with CD'ing or not...
thanks in advance for any advice...