I know stripping has been discussed on here a lot before, but my Kawaiis (our overnight diapers) are in desperate need of stripping and I'm not entirely sure of the best way to go about it and I have some specific questions. I need to figure this out quickly, though, because not only are they smelling to high heaven, they're leaking after maybe one pee--before I even get her into bed! Ugh.
1. I think the problem is leftover from some really terrible diaper rash issues that had us using a lot of products on her bum. I tried to use liners, but didn't always, and I think I'm paying for it now.
2. We have really hard water.
3. We live in a desert, so a method that does not involve a thousand hot washes would be much appreciated.
4. Two are velcro and two are snaps. I would just try boiling them, but is that OK for snaps?
5. My normal wash routine is cold quick rinse, hot wash with an extra rinse. I use Rockin Green Hard Rock.
ANY insight you can provide would be awesome!