Going green and saving green
A lot of what I do to be frugal started out as being environmentally conscious. I thought I'd share a few and ask others to add their own:
- Refillable drink cup. Some restaurants and convenience stores give you a discount if you bring your own cup/mug for a refill. I like not throwing away disposable cups.
- Homemade bathroom cleaner. Smells better than store bought, is cheaper, and is non-toxic, so I can let the kids clean the bathroom without worries.
- Recycled paper cat litter. Is scoopable and flushable/compostable, and I'm no longer throwing out a whole box full of litter every 2-3 days.
- Cloth napkins, towels, feminine products.
- Reusable shopping bags. They have new ones now that are nylon and fold up small (the size of a wallet) so I can carry them in my purse.
What are your tips?