Christmas Pictures

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
joyjim's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 9 months ago
Joined: 05/22/06
Posts: 822
Christmas Pictures

This next weekend we will be doing Christmas Pictures with the kids...and maybe us?!?!?! Will you all be in your Christmas pictures this year???? Have any fun ideas incorporating the belly into the picture???

Jenn0113's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/09/07
Posts: 5335

I think I am only using DS this year on our Christmas cards. I'm not really feeling too cute with my new double chin and swollen limbs, LOL.

sugspop's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 8 months ago
Joined: 02/22/07
Posts: 1418

No xmas pics. We are taking DS to see Santa this weekend, so that is the first. We have pics scheduled for Dec. 14 for the baby and we will be in a few of those. Probably just do some holiday pics/cards.

lesleynka's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 04/26/11
Posts: 1845

Our "family" is still pretty new & really unconventional so I think we may skip Christmas cards this year. Not really sure yet though.

JuneorJulyBaby?'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 10/20/08
Posts: 2479

I'm going Sunday to the portrait place to get a family shot taken. Getting a family shot done every year is a tradition that we have started and I don't want to skip this year because I feel like Emily is already part of the family and she should be included. I'd be interested to hear some ideas of how to make me not look like a fat cow and just really pregnant Smile

Jenn0113's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/09/07
Posts: 5335

"sugspop" wrote:

No xmas pics. We are taking DS to see Santa this weekend, so that is the first. We have pics scheduled for Dec. 14 for the baby and we will be in a few of those. Probably just do some holiday pics/cards.

This gives me an idea...maybe we will use Deacon's santa picture for his cards this year.

joyjim's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 9 months ago
Joined: 05/22/06
Posts: 822

I am feelin the fat cow with a double chin! Sad Other than that I love my belly. It is the last one!

lesleynka's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 04/26/11
Posts: 1845

"JuneorJulyBaby?" wrote:

I'd be interested to hear some ideas of how to make me not look like a fat cow and just really pregnant Smile

I think it's all about what color you wear & the angle the pic is taken. Example: If you wear a black top or sweater & the picture is taken straight-on (or black at any angle for that matter) then your face is what will be the focus & the person looking at the picture will not notice the baby belly that you are sporting. However, if you are wearing a more-fitting, lighter-in-color top or sweater & your body is turned to the side either a bit or complete profile it will be way more noticeable that you are pregnant & this will put your body more in proportion w/ your belly Smile

You will be beautiful Angela!

JuneorJulyBaby?'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 10/20/08
Posts: 2479

"lesleynka" wrote:

I think it's all about what color you wear & the angle the pic is taken. Example: If you wear a black top or sweater & the picture is taken straight-on (or black at any angle for that matter) then your face is what will be the focus & the person looking at the picture will not notice the baby belly that you are sporting. However, if you are wearing a more-fitting, lighter-in-color top or sweater & your body is turned to the side either a bit or complete profile it will be way more noticeable that you are pregnant & this will put your body more in proportion w/ your belly Smile

You will be beautiful Angela!

Thanks for the tips Lesley! I picked out a black sweater because i want to coordinate with what DH and Nicholas are wearing and my maternity wardrobe is limited but I may ask the photographer to angle me that you can see my bump really well Smile

lesleynka's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 04/26/11
Posts: 1845

You could always ask for hands (yours, dh or ds) to be placed on your belly as well. That way it gives some idea of dimension. Smile I'm sure you will all look adorable.

Starryblue702's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: 04/06/11
Posts: 5454

We will for sure be taking Christmas pics this year, but I'm not sure when, as I have to wait for Trystan to arrive! I want to do all of the pics at the same time, his newborn pics (I always take my babies in their first week for photos) and then I'll get some of just the kids, some of just DH and myself, and some of us all together. It's sad to say, but I've never had any professional pics done of all my kids together... and DH and I haven't had any done since we were married!! Needless to say, I'm looking forward to them! BTW, they'll just be for me and some for family, I never send out actual Christmas cards.

_Jessicah_'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 04/21/11
Posts: 1973

I don't send out Christmas cards either. As I've said all of our family lives so close together that we see each other on a regular basis so I think it's kinda pointless. If we had family far away it would be a different story. After Ryan is born I do plan on getting some family pictures taken. We haven't had any done since Christmas 2009!

fireflies11's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 hours ago
Joined: 03/26/11
Posts: 613

I think we are going to combine our Christmas pic with new baby's birth announcement. We will get one with both boys together and send it as "Merry Christmas....we have a new baby!"