Getting Closer! Appts

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
JuneorJulyBaby?'s picture
Joined: 10/20/08
Posts: 2479
Getting Closer! Appts

I had an OB appt last Friday and then an endocrinologist appt yesterday. Both went well. I am now up a whopping 0.8 lbs this entire pregnancy and asked the doctor AGAIN if this is an issue. They said no so now I have 3 different doctors telling me that it is fine so that makes me feel better. She scheduled me for an u/s for my next visit to check on Emily's size and make sure she is doing ok. I am measuring right on and keeping my blood sugars under control. The endocrinologist wants to see me again in 2 weeks just to keep a close eye because supposedly sugars can go wacko real fast the later you are. I can't believe I am in the "home stretch" of single digit weeks left.

mlle_carrie's picture
Joined: 07/17/05
Posts: 1134

Good job keeping things under control and staying right on track!! It's so hard to believe we are getting to close, isn't it??

_Jessicah_'s picture
Joined: 04/21/11
Posts: 1973

So glad your blood sugar has been managed well. And yes, I can't believe how close we are getting. Seems like we were just celebrating our BFPs and now here we are preparing for their arrivals!

Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 1346

it absolutely blows my mind that anyone can go through pregnancy without gaining weight!!!! Has your appetite increased at all?

you're right... due dates are getting so close Smile :)

JuneorJulyBaby?'s picture
Joined: 10/20/08
Posts: 2479

"Carolyn85" wrote:

it absolutely blows my mind that anyone can go through pregnancy without gaining weight!!!! Has your appetite increased at all?

you're right... due dates are getting so close Smile :)

Carolyn- I didn't start off skinny minnie like you Smile I have noticed that my face looks slimmer and also shoulders/arms etc. so I think I am gaining baby weight but losing weight in other places. The GD diet sure has made a difference in how I eat and it seems like the low carb lifestyle is a good thing for my figure. As far as appetite goes, I really don't have much of one. I will crave something but can only eat a little before I feel too full. And with no sweets (only sugar free) available, it's hard to get in calories. I know all of this will probably change when Emily is here because I had a HUGE appetite when I was breastfeeding Nicholas.

Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 1346

that's really interesting. I just ate 3 chocolate chip cookies and drank milk right out of the container Biggrin I didn't "earn" my body, its just genetic.

You must have a lot of self control to adhere so carefully to your diet. You should be very proud of yourself. It's something a lot of people can't do.

_Jessicah_'s picture
Joined: 04/21/11
Posts: 1973

The GD diet is definitely hard. When I was following it after I failed my 1 hour GTT I actually lost a pound! My sister just had a baby in September and she actually lost almost 30lbs. She was heavier to begin with though and the doctor told her that was perfectly healthy.

PAmom2boys's picture
Joined: 04/29/09
Posts: 1494

Yay! I'm so glad things are going so well! I hope you get pics of the u/s. I can't wait to hear about it.

JuneorJulyBaby?'s picture
Joined: 10/20/08
Posts: 2479

"Carolyn85" wrote:

that's really interesting. I just ate 3 chocolate chip cookies and drank milk right out of the container Biggrin I didn't "earn" my body, its just genetic.

You must have a lot of self control to adhere so carefully to your diet. You should be very proud of yourself. It's something a lot of people can't do.

The GD diet is hard but it is only temporary. I make lots of sacrfices for my kids before and after they are born to help them stay healthy and grow properly (no alcohol, avoiding the pregnancy no-no foods, flu shot, now the GD diet). Plus the fact I don't want to grow a big baby and get a c-section. I really want another vaginal birth and will do everything in my power to get it! Thanks Carolyn Smile

sugspop's picture
Joined: 02/22/07
Posts: 1418

You rock Angela! Your dedication and commitment is so commendable. Smile Congrats. Smile

Jenn0113's picture
Joined: 03/09/07
Posts: 5335

"JuneorJulyBaby?" wrote:

The GD diet is hard but it is only temporary. I make lots of sacrfices for my kids before and after they are born to help them stay healthy and grow properly (no alcohol, avoiding the pregnancy no-no foods, flu shot, now the GD diet). Plus the fact I don't want to grow a big baby and get a c-section. I really want another vaginal birth and will do everything in my power to get it! Thanks Carolyn Smile

Starryblue702's picture
Joined: 04/06/11
Posts: 5454

Congrats on a great appt birth buddy!!