Nesting

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
joyjim's picture
Joined: 05/22/06
Posts: 822
Nesting

Can I be nesting already? Isn't that supposed to be right before you deliver? I cannot stop thinking about how dirty everything is. I am crazy with my family right now organizing and cleaning. I am dreaming about it, every time I sit it is all I can think about.

jeepbaby's picture
Joined: 11/08/07
Posts: 492

Can you come over? LOL!!!

joyjim's picture
Joined: 05/22/06
Posts: 822

Honestly I would...is that sad? Hahahaha, sigh.

sugspop's picture
Joined: 02/22/07
Posts: 1418

I "think" about it non stop! Actually "doing" it is a whole different story! I just don't feel good enough to do much, and now with a cold I doubt that will change much. I wish someone would dust, sweep and mop, and vacuum! I can't remember the last time I vacuumed! MY DH picked up the slack on laundry and the kitchen, but it's just too much... it never stops accumulating! I can't keep up with it!

_Jessicah_'s picture
Joined: 04/21/11
Posts: 1973

I'm with Jules. I know we need to really get in gear and get everything organized and do a thorough cleaning before he gets here. I really, really want to get our carpets cleaned. I want to do all of these things and think about them all the time. I just need to find the motivation/energy to do them!!

Joined: 04/10/11
Posts: 1703

Oh I did a lot of it by proxy last weekend. I wrote up the list and we had five people over working on their assigned duties. Smile

sugspop's picture
Joined: 02/22/07
Posts: 1418

"triplespiral" wrote:

Oh I did a lot of it by proxy last weekend. I wrote up the list and we had five people over working on their assigned duties. Smile

Wow, lucky lady! Although my mom did stop by yesterday and do my dishes for me. What a sweet thing to do.

Jenn0113's picture
Joined: 03/09/07
Posts: 5335

I've been doing it a lot lately too. I joke that Sundays are my day to nest because everyone Sunday lately I work my butt off from the time I wake up to when I fall into bed. It feels so good to get all of this stuff done but it really takes a toll on the pregnant body.

So - what all have you done?

PAmom2boys's picture
Joined: 04/29/09
Posts: 1494

I'm getting frustrated that I can't keep up with cleaning our house. It always seems as soon as i get it tidy and clean, just an hour later it looks like i did nothing!

I was able to somewhat organize the nursery on monday ut i had to hire someone to wartch the kids. . I just need to wash and sort newborn clOthes. And clean carpet in there as well as the hall upstairs.

Maybe I should just hire someone to clean instead :/

.hilary.'s picture
Joined: 01/31/10
Posts: 1505

I can't stay on top of it either, even with being off work!! Haha. And DH has been a huge help and the place is still messy, at least by my standards! I bought a Groupon for cleaning services (actually I bought two) and I'm going to hire them for next week, or maybe the week after. I want to get it to as close to delivery day as possible without missing it and having to bring baby home to a messy house (or get through early labour in one, that would just annoy me). I have a second one I will use maybe in January or something, since I'm assuming if I can't keep up now, I NEVER will witha newborn :rolleyes: love Groupon!!

Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 1346

After my appt yesterday... Yes! I don't know how much time I have left.I cleaned for two hours when I got home. I need to go do a mega shopping trip today and start freezer meals. My little guy has a fever and it is raining so I feel a little guilty for taking him out. Hopefully he doesn't mind. He just wants cuddled on the couch.

Jenn0113's picture
Joined: 03/09/07
Posts: 5335

".hilary." wrote:

I can't stay on top of it either, even with being off work!! Haha. And DH has been a huge help and the place is still messy, at least by my standards! I bought a Groupon for cleaning services (actually I bought two) and I'm going to hire them for next week, or maybe the week after. I want to get it to as close to delivery day as possible without missing it and having to bring baby home to a messy house (or get through early labour in one, that would just annoy me). I have a second one I will use maybe in January or something, since I'm assuming if I can't keep up now, I NEVER will witha newborn :rolleyes: love Groupon!!

I'd suggest having them come while you are in the hospital so you come home to a perfectly clean house. I want my house cleaned and my car detailed while I am in the hospital still.

Starryblue702's picture
Joined: 04/06/11
Posts: 5454

"sugspop" wrote:

I "think" about it non stop! Actually "doing" it is a whole different story! I just don't feel good enough to do much, and now with a cold I doubt that will change much. I wish someone would dust, sweep and mop, and vacuum! I can't remember the last time I vacuumed! MY DH picked up the slack on laundry and the kitchen, but it's just too much... it never stops accumulating! I can't keep up with it!

This is so me!! I finally last night mustered up the strength to clean the kithen and dining room! But then the rest of the house is a total disaster! DH promised that he would clean up on his days off (the weekend), so we'll see. I just don't want to bring baby home to a tornado of a house, but I'm just hurting too much to do things myself.

joyjim's picture
Joined: 05/22/06
Posts: 822

My crap is so beyond cleaning....remember I am adding my mom and moving my older son out of his room, trying to gut my garage so we can build in it. We will eventually be adding two rooms to the garage. I have all the baby stuff in the den, which is making me nutz, Tomorrow I will be driving to pick up my oldest for the weekend, so that kills two days in the near future, it takes 5 hours total to go get him. UGH!

Ohhhhh, also, my baby still has no name!!!!!

lesleynka's picture
Joined: 04/26/11
Posts: 1845

Wow, I think maybe my girl is going to come late like my first b/c I really don't care about cleaning at this point. Ed keeps things clean, but they are cluttered & I HATE CLUTTER! >Sad I try to straighten it up & find a place for everything on the w/ends, but usually to no avail.

But, we live in an old house & the rooms are small so it is to be expected w/ 2 adults, a 17yo, 5yo & 3yo. I guess maybe I'm just adjusting well. lol

It'll be the same when the girl comes so I might as well get used to it. =/

.hilary.'s picture
Joined: 01/31/10
Posts: 1505

"Jenn0113" wrote:

I'd suggest having them come while you are in the hospital so you come home to a perfectly clean house. I want my house cleaned and my car detailed while I am in the hospital still.

Oh I would love that...sadly I can't book them on such short notice though Sad maybe I could convince the new grandparents to give the place a quick once-over while I'm still in there? Lol!

Jenn0113's picture
Joined: 03/09/07
Posts: 5335

".hilary." wrote:

Oh I would love that...sadly I can't book them on such short notice though Sad maybe I could convince the new grandparents to give the place a quick once-over while I'm still in there? Lol!

Or you could have DH say something like "Man, I just feel so bad that the house isn't as clean as Hilary wanted it. I just don't have the time between being at the hospital and helping her take care of the LO" Wink

HaganBaby's picture
Joined: 10/17/07
Posts: 334

Lucky for me its just me and dh in the house and since we're geeks and more interested in geek things my house is pretty sparse lol. The man cave is pretty clean and it has the most stuff. We're cleaning the guest room this weekend and getting Christmas stuff ready to put out so I can stop wanting to do it all the time LOL

.hilary.'s picture
Joined: 01/31/10
Posts: 1505

"Jenn0113" wrote:

Or you could have DH say something like "Man, I just feel so bad that the house isn't as clean as Hilary wanted it. I just don't have the time between being at the hospital and helping her take care of the LO" Wink

Ooh I like this Wink that just might work Blum 3

PAmom2boys's picture
Joined: 04/29/09
Posts: 1494

I got the baby laundry done!! Now I just need a few things from BRU. But if I don't get around to getting those until later it should be fine.

_Jessicah_'s picture
Joined: 04/21/11
Posts: 1973

I caught the nesting bug! LOL I just finished scrubbing every inch of our bathroom. My husband came in and I was sitting on my butt scrubbing the base of the toilet and the floor around it. He was like "What in the heck are you doing!?!" I said I just realized how many germs are in here....lol His only response was "I can see my days off are going to consist of doing chores around here." LMAO Probably so my dear. We are going to clean and re-arrange our room on Tuesday so we can make more room for when the baby gets here. I am going to enjoy this new found desire and energy and get as much done as possible!

JuneorJulyBaby?'s picture
Joined: 10/20/08
Posts: 2479

I'm nesting like crazy this weekend too. Lots of cleaning (I even dusted!) and finishing up Emily's room decor and starting baby laundry.

It's never too soon to nest IMO Smile

joyjim's picture
Joined: 05/22/06
Posts: 822

Makes me smile that it is not just me Smile Love this board!