Strollers??

43 posts / 0 new
Last post
beccasweet's picture
Joined: 04/10/11
Posts: 679
Strollers??

I have become stroller obsessed over the last couple months. I really want the UppaBaby Vista but its pretty expensive at $680. (If money wasn't a concern I'd get a Bugaboo Chameleon but DH is already freaking out about the Vista's price tag).

So I'm just curious what strollers you ladies have or are looking at and what you love or hate about them. Would you buy the same stroller again? If not what would you get instead?

alwayssmile's picture
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Obsessed is putting it lightly. ROFL

(okay, back to your regular scheduled programming....)

.hilary.'s picture
Joined: 01/31/10
Posts: 1505

We are looking at the Bob Revolution city edition. We want a three wheeler that can handle trails but also be comfortable in the shopping mall/on sidewalks etc. So far I love this one for how smooth it glides around, turns on a dime, single handle, and folds with one hand. But I am not totally sure yet...I'm obsessed too so I'm gonna go look at the ones you posted right now Wink

Joined: 04/10/11
Posts: 1703

We'll use a double snap n' go at first that I got used from a friend. That should get us through a few months and give us time to figure out the regular stroller. I definitely need a decent stroller with some height and that is easy to push because my poor back is still recovering from a spinal surgery and is now dealing with twins. On a friend's recommendation, I'm looking at the City Mini Double. It's a side-by-side, which I'd prefer, that can still fit through doors. It's somewhere in the $300-400 range. Yikes.

Joined: 09/01/10
Posts: 534

Honestly, I can't STAND strollers. Its like one of my "soap boxes". It's an issue I'm going to have to overcome before I have the baby, because obviously they are pretty necessary. I just have issues with them being so big and always being in the way.

There was a Christmas a couple years ago and I was out shopping like 7 days before Christmas and everywhere I turned there were double strollers and the moms were SO rude, like pushing people out of the way and blocking traffic everywhere. I understand that you have to get your children around and a stroller is the easiest option, but at least be a little courteous!

But I registered for a Graco stroller/carseat combo and an umbrella stroller. I also registered for a Graco stroller frame that is really small and will hold the car seat. The key words there are "reall small". Haha. Okay, I'm done rambling now. Smile

beccasweet's picture
Joined: 04/10/11
Posts: 679

"triplespiral" wrote:

We'll use a double snap n' go at first that I got used from a friend. That should get us through a few months and give us time to figure out the regular stroller. I definitely need a decent stroller with some height and that is easy to push because my poor back is still recovering from a spinal surgery and is now dealing with twins. On a friend's recommendation, I'm looking at the City Mini Double. It's a side-by-side, which I'd prefer, that can still fit through doors. It's somewhere in the $300-400 range. Yikes.

You should check out this blog. If you go back through her older posts from the last couple months she has several reviews of different double strollers. I read them even though they didn't apply to me, I'm that obsessed. Smilehttp://thestrollergirl.com/

beccasweet's picture
Joined: 04/10/11
Posts: 679

"katiek68" wrote:

Honestly, I can't STAND strollers. Its like one of my "soap boxes". It's an issue I'm going to have to overcome before I have the baby, because obviously they are pretty necessary. I just have issues with them being so big and always being in the way.

There was a Christmas a couple years ago and I was out shopping like 7 days before Christmas and everywhere I turned there were double strollers and the moms were SO rude, like pushing people out of the way and blocking traffic everywhere. I understand that you have to get your children around and a stroller is the easiest option, but at least be a little courteous!

But I registered for a Graco stroller/carseat combo and an umbrella stroller. I also registered for a Graco stroller frame that is really small and will hold the car seat. The key words there are "reall small". Haha. Okay, I'm done rambling now. Smile

You should check out babywearing! Sounds like you might be more interested in wearing baby instead of pushing around a stroller and loading it in and out of the car. Personally I hate Graco travel systems because they just put the car seat on top of the regular seat which makes it really big. You might be more interested in a brand where you take the seat off and replace it with the car seat instead of getting one just for the car seat. I can't remember the name but I did actually see a Graco one like that at BabiesRUs recently.

Veni Vidi Vici's picture
Joined: 03/13/10
Posts: 113

I like the bugaboo best, but have heard uppababy is a great alternative.

I already have a bob revolution and maclaren triumph... honestly i never really used a stroller for an infant other than for exercising/trail walks, for which i used the bob. I was a big baby wearer. Once she was walking the maclaren was perfect, light, portable. I am not one to carry around carseats either.

I doubt I can justify splurging on a bugaboo (or stokke, my other fave) when I might not use it... though it's nice that you can attach those big kid standing boards to them... and they do hold their value pretty well for re-sale!

Joined: 04/10/11
Posts: 1703

"katiek68" wrote:

Honestly, I can't STAND strollers. Its like one of my "soap boxes". It's an issue I'm going to have to overcome before I have the baby, because obviously they are pretty necessary. I just have issues with them being so big and always being in the way.

So true! My boyfriend complains about big huge strollers all the time, too. There's no need for little kids to be out shopping or otherwise in everyone's way when it's only making them tired and mad anyway. Get a babysitter or shop online. Unfortunately, we will be the ones blocking the sidewalk on the way to the park! We'll get a couple of Ergos, but still, hugely giant strollers will be necessary sometimes, too. And I'll be super aware of just how much space we're taking up ... oh well!

JuneorJulyBaby?'s picture
Joined: 10/20/08
Posts: 2479

We have a Graco metrolite- I think it was around $130 after coupons. We used it a lot in the beginning for walks around the neighborhood. It does the job and wasn't too expensive. Now that DS is walking, we only bring it when we go somewhere that is a TON of walking (zoo, fair, etc) because it is so big and bulky and DS hates sitting...he would rather walk. I'm glad we didn't register for anything more expensive.

IMO it's better to invest in a nicer umbrella type stroller because they are more compact and still function well. I think I want a double umbrella stroller that has a basket to put stuff in and we will just babywear until baby is big enough to sit up in it.

All of this being said, if I see a nice double stroller at a consignment sale for cheap, I will probably pick that up.

JuneorJulyBaby?'s picture
Joined: 10/20/08
Posts: 2479

"triplespiral" wrote:

So true! My boyfriend complains about big huge strollers all the time, too. There's no need for little kids to be out shopping or otherwise in everyone's way when it's only making them tired and mad anyway. Get a babysitter or shop online. Unfortunately, we will be the ones blocking the sidewalk on the way to the park! We'll get a couple of Ergos, but still, hugely giant strollers will be necessary sometimes, too. And I'll be super aware of just how much space we're taking up ... oh well!

I don't want to start an argument but I think once you have children you will understand how this comment is a little ignorant. A lot of people can't afford babysitters just to "go shopping" and sometimes you really just need to get out of the house. Strollers are an awesome way to "corral" you kids so that they aren't running all over the place ripping clothes of the racks and taking things of shelves.

_Jessicah_'s picture
Joined: 04/21/11
Posts: 1973

We rarely used a stroller for Brynna and we didn't use one at all until she was bigger and could sit up on her own. But then again we didn't live in a neighborhood where we could take walks and such so we only used the stroller where alot of walking was involved. Since the baby will be born in December taking walks at that time will not be an option for us as it's freezing here in the winter. Taking a walk won't be able to be done until about the end of April which gives us plenty of time to worry about a stroller.

gaidinsgirl's picture
Joined: 08/28/06
Posts: 2004

i have to be honest, I would never even look at or imagine having a 600.00 stroller. OMG. My dd's crib, dresser, changing table plus my boys bed and mattress and dresser didn't cost 600.00 all combined together.

I go buy the 40.00 stroller when it is on sale for 29.99. lol

_Jessicah_'s picture
Joined: 04/21/11
Posts: 1973

"gaidinsgirl" wrote:

i have to be honest, I would never even look at or imagine having a 600.00 stroller. OMG. My dd's crib, dresser, changing table plus my boys bed and mattress and dresser didn't cost 600.00 all combined together.

I go buy the 40.00 stroller when it is on sale for 29.99. lol

I know what you mean! LOL I would just have a hard time investing in something that cannot be used for very long that is unless you plan on having subsequent children fairly soon and you get a gender neutral stroller. I guess for me a less expensive option is just as good.

gaidinsgirl's picture
Joined: 08/28/06
Posts: 2004

"_Jessicah_" wrote:

I know what you mean! LOL I would just have a hard time investing in something that cannot be used for very long that is unless you plan on having subsequent children fairly soon and you get a gender neutral stroller. I guess for me a less expensive option is just as good.

right! The stroller that came with the carseat for ds is still in fine condition. I gave it to my cousin because the carseat expires in December and her baby will have outgrown the carseat by then, but if not then that stroller would have lasted for me for 3 kids. I got that carseat/stroller combo for 80.00 because the pattern was going out and it was on clearance.

AshnBill's picture
Joined: 11/06/06
Posts: 5333

"gaidinsgirl" wrote:

i have to be honest, I would never even look at or imagine having a 600.00 stroller. OMG. My dd's crib, dresser, changing table plus my boys bed and mattress and dresser didn't cost 600.00 all combined together.

I go buy the 40.00 stroller when it is on sale for 29.99. lol

Ditto. We have 2 strollers, and then the Snap 'n Go frame for the Graco carseats. My parents bought them all though, LOL. They bought our carseat, and I wished they would have boughten the stroller that went with it, but they didn't. They said they were going to, but by the time they got around to it it was discontinued. If we would have gotten that, we would just have that one for a stroller. All of the "cheap" strollers have been just fine and get the job done.

I do try to not bring our son with me when I go shopping (it's my excuse to get out of the house while dh stays home with him), but if I do have to bring him I put him in the cart (ever since he was old enough to sit up...otherwise I'd put the carseat in the cart).

Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 1346

I wouldn't spend a huge amount of money on a stroller unless you really know you will be using it alot!

We bought a Graco Travel System for Luke with the car seat. I think it was around 300 bucks. I use the stroller almost daily. I walk about 20 miles a week with him, so we get alot of use out of it.

I don't know what to do about a double stroller. My love for taking babies on a walk is certainly not going to go away... so its time to start shopping!

I for one HATE taking toddlers to the mall. Luke absolutely loses his mind at the mall. If I have shopping to do I leave him with DH. Pushing two crying kids around the mall? NO THANKS!! It's stressful for mom, babies, and the other shoppers.

I second baby wearing! It's so wonderful. I wish Luke was still small enough to wear regularly.

HaganBaby's picture
Joined: 10/17/07
Posts: 334

Today on kids.woot.com they have a nice stroller that is 40% off. I still can't afford it but it looks nifty lol

Jenn0113's picture
Joined: 03/09/07
Posts: 5335

"katiek68" wrote:

But I registered for a Graco stroller/carseat combo and an umbrella stroller. I also registered for a Graco stroller frame that is really small and will hold the car seat. The key words there are "reall small". Haha. Okay, I'm done rambling now. Smile

The small one you are talking about is probably the Snap N Go - that's my favorite. Its light weight and small and has a big basket. I will be using that until the LO is too big for the infant car seat. Then I have a graco travel system as well but I don't usually pull that one out unless I am using it alone and not as the car seat stroller combo. Then when DS was old enough to move to a much smaller stroller we have a Combi that I love. We still use his stroller and he is 2.5. He loves being in the stroller and sometimes asks for it instead of walking.

I'll do the same thing with this LO.

"beccasweet" wrote:

You should check out babywearing! Sounds like you might be more interested in wearing baby instead of pushing around a stroller and loading it in and out of the car. Personally I hate Graco travel systems because they just put the car seat on top of the regular seat which makes it really big. You might be more interested in a brand where you take the seat off and replace it with the car seat instead of getting one just for the car seat. I can't remember the name but I did actually see a Graco one like that at BabiesRUs recently.

I think the one she is referring to is a Snap N Go and that is exactly what you are talking about. Its so easy to maneuver - smaller than a combo-stroller and very light weight.

"JuneorJulyBaby?" wrote:

I don't want to start an argument but I think once you have children you will understand how this comment is a little ignorant. A lot of people can't afford babysitters just to "go shopping" and sometimes you really just need to get out of the house. Strollers are an awesome way to "corral" you kids so that they aren't running all over the place ripping clothes of the racks and taking things of shelves.

Agreed. Its very easy to be annoyed with kids in public or moms that don't leave their kids at home....until you have kids. When I was pg with DS my DH and I said we would never take him to a restaurant because kids in restaurants bugged us. Ha - that lasted all of a week or so. One your babies get here you will realize that you don't want to pay a sitter to go run errands or you may just not want to be away from them at times and you want to take them with you.

sugspop's picture
Joined: 02/22/07
Posts: 1418

A $680 stroller! :eek: Are you kidding me?! I would never spend that much money on a stroller. I used my Graco Metrolite a lot the first year, worked perfectly fine and cost about $100. After that, I had a cheap little umbrella stroller I paid $20 for. Still works great and didn't cost me a fortune. And... for the most part over the last 6 months, they are both just sitting there collecting dust (and they are both still in good enough shape to use with #2). I would rather spend money on something that will have a longer life with the child, like a dresser or a crib that converts to a headboard, or that has to do with the safety of my child, like a car seat. Just MHO.

SID081108's picture
Joined: 06/03/09
Posts: 1348

"triplespiral" wrote:

So true! My boyfriend complains about big huge strollers all the time, too. There's no need for little kids to be out shopping or otherwise in everyone's way when it's only making them tired and mad anyway. Get a babysitter or shop online. Unfortunately, we will be the ones blocking the sidewalk on the way to the park! We'll get a couple of Ergos, but still, hugely giant strollers will be necessary sometimes, too. And I'll be super aware of just how much space we're taking up ... oh well!

:lurk:

Seriously??? WOW. I can't wait for you to have kids.

beccasweet's picture
Joined: 04/10/11
Posts: 679

I agree the strolled I like is very expensive which is the reason I have become stroller obsessed. lol. Once we move DH will be gone 10 to 12 hours Monday through Friday so it will be just baby and me and I plan on using the stroller ALOT to get shopping done and for exercise for me and a place for baby to hopefully sleep when I take the dog to the park which is a daily trip. I have spent hours online looking at strollers trying to find one that is sturdy and will last that:

1. Both DH and I can use, which means an adjustable handle and long foot clearance
2. I can use right away with an infant, which means a zero recline or bassinet. I have read several articles about not having an infant in a car seat when not in a car because it restricts their breathing. Obviously much safer in the car but I don't want to use the car seat for a long walk and hour at the park with the dog.
3. Easily maneuverable so I can have a dog leash in one hand and still push the stroller easily.
4. Somewhat all-terain for the park, dog park, trail walks, & camping.
4. Removable and washable fabric that is unisex (I plan on this being the only stroller we buy unless DH wants a real running stroller)
5. Reversible seat
6. Easy fold

I would love to find all this for cheaper but thats not easy. DH thinks I'm so obsessive about the perfect stroller because I don't get to set up a nursery and he may have a great point. lol.

Thanks for all the thoughts. I just love hearing what people think of their own strollers. One question for those of you would don't use your strollers and/or vote for buy cheap.... If you used your stroller 5 or more times a week would you still like your stroller or want a different one with more "options"?

sugspop's picture
Joined: 02/22/07
Posts: 1418

"beccasweet" wrote:

Thanks for all the thoughts. I just love hearing what people think of their own strollers. One question for those of you would don't use your strollers and/or vote for buy cheap.... If you used your stroller 5 or more times a week would you still like your stroller or want a different one with more "options"?

I used the Metrolite EVERY DAY of the week for the first year, and took it on plane trips, cruises, the zoo, you name it, it went everywhere and performed like a champ. It still looks brand new and will work great for the new baby.

I might spend a little more on an umbrella stroller to have one with cup holders and a basket underneath, but probably not more than $40. HTH!

Jenn0113's picture
Joined: 03/09/07
Posts: 5335

"beccasweet" wrote:

Thanks for all the thoughts. I just love hearing what people think of their own strollers. One question for those of you would don't use your strollers and/or vote for buy cheap.... If you used your stroller 5 or more times a week would you still like your stroller or want a different one with more "options"?

I used my stroller daily. I have to walk 2-3 blocks from my car to work/daycare every day and we used it religiously up until recently.

I had a free umbrella stroller that I got as a promotion through BRU and hated it. It just looked uncomfortable. Also, I'm short and the handles were still too short for me. If you want something like an umbrella I'd go a model up and get something a little bigger.

Joined: 04/10/11
Posts: 1703

"SID081108" wrote:

:lurk:

Seriously??? WOW. I can't wait for you to have kids.

WOW. Hopefully having kids won't turn me into a raging witch like you. Thank you kindly for your opinion.

SID081108's picture
Joined: 06/03/09
Posts: 1348

"triplespiral" wrote:

WOW. Hopefully having kids won't turn me into a raging witch like you. Thank you kindly for your opinion.

ROFL That made me laugh, especially considering your first comment.

ETA: In all seriousness, though (cause "raging witch" did make me laugh out loud!), I'm not here to cause a fight, but I do agree that it's just not reasonable to expect people to go shopping without children. And my kids don't get cranky or mad while shopping, in fact, some of our best times as a family are wondering through a mall on a Friday or Saturday evening. Maybe you've been around too many people who just don't know how to control their kids (and we all know there are plenty of those out there). As other posters have said, your perspective will definitely change once you actually have children.

Starryblue702's picture
Joined: 04/06/11
Posts: 5454

I have the stroller that I used with DD, but it's kind of a monster (one of those Graco ones) and I don't have the infant carrier for it anymore. I regietered for a new one (I attached the link below so you guys can check it out!) because it's much smaller and easier to manouver... but if I don't end up getting it I can always just buy a Graco carrier by itself and put it in my old stroller. I definitely use my strollers with all of my babies though, because when I shop I need to have somewhere to hang my bags lol!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4089524&fromRegistryNumber=47182515&product_skn=462029

_Jessicah_'s picture
Joined: 04/21/11
Posts: 1973

Krystal that is really cute! Maybe because I am so anti-shopping I guess I don't really have the need for the stroller that some people do. I agree the once baby is here and summer rolls around it'll be nice to have the stroller so we can take the baby out for walks and such. We just moved to our neighborhood so it'll be fun to get to do that this time around.

PAmom2boys's picture
Joined: 04/29/09
Posts: 1494

I have the city mini double. I like it for the price. When you look at a new graco tandem stroller which costs around 200-250. Then look at the city mini. I think it justifies the price. I do not like the basket underneath. It's very hard to put anything in it and it is small. But I don't use the basket when use the stroller. If you get gift cards to BRU you can use them to buy the city mini. I got mine online. Unfortunately you usually can't use the %off coupons on these nice strollers. Sad

There are tons of options on strollers. I wish I hadn't bought the quattro tandem and just went for the city mini with the carseat bar.

If you are planning to use your stroller for many children you do get what you pay fir. I also have the carseat stroller system. The stroller is shot. I really only used it for Jacob and part time for Eli. It had been through the Airport a few times and that's where it sustained the most torture/damage. If you travel or plan to a lot, I think I'd get a "disposable" stroller for that.

beccasweet's picture
Joined: 04/10/11
Posts: 679

"PAmom2boys" wrote:

If you are planning to use your stroller for many children you do get what you pay fir.

My friend was just talking about this point! She got a 2009 Quinny Buzz last year. Her son is 9 months now and a small plastic piece broke. Quinny replaced her whole stroller with a 2011 in the color of her choice even though her stroller was past its one year warranty.

I've heard other great things about the City Mini and the single folds so easy and is really light for a stroller its size.

Joined: 10/05/09
Posts: 672

I have become slightly obsessed too - there are so many options it's making my head spin! I plan to do a lot of babywearing so I am not sure how much I will use a stroller, especially in the first couple months when it's cold out. I came across the Guzzie and Guss GUGU 102. It's on sale right now for $299 (from $499) TJ's the Kiddies store in Vancouver. I believe it does all those things you mentioned beccasweet:

1. Both DH and I can use, which means an adjustable handle and long foot clearance
2. I can use right away with an infant, which means a zero recline or bassinet. I have read several articles about not having an infant in a car seat when not in a car because it restricts their breathing. Obviously much safer in the car but I don't want to use the car seat for a long walk and hour at the park with the dog.
3. Easily maneuverable so I can have a dog leash in one hand and still push the stroller easily.
4. Somewhat all-terain for the park, dog park, trail walks, & camping.
4. Removable and washable fabric that is unisex (I plan on this being the only stroller we buy unless DH wants a real running stroller)
5. Reversible seat
6. Easy fold

It also fully reclines without having to attach a bassinet. I find $300 still really expensive but since it's a good deal and it got really great reviews I am finding it hard to pass on it.

.hilary.'s picture
Joined: 01/31/10
Posts: 1505

I feel like I am learning so much...lol, so many things I hadn't considered about our stroller choice! We are very blessed that DH's parents told us to pick whatever we want and ignore the cost, they will buy it. As much I want that cute little Stokke one I just can't do it, that's too much lol! I think the one I saw in store was $1100 :eek:

Anyway, I am wondering if I should wait until baby is here to pick one? I plan to baby wear when they're still tiny, so I am considering waiting. My nesting instinct wants it now though, haha...

Joined: 10/05/09
Posts: 672

The Stokke is nice but holy cow $1100!! I think TJ's the kiddie place is in Vancouver if you're in the lower mainland. I am seriously considering the Guzzie and Gus I mentioned above. They probably have a lot you could try out. My friends are ordering one called Mutsy - also expensive but highly recommended by everyone that has it.

beccasweet's picture
Joined: 04/10/11
Posts: 679

"science_gal" wrote:

I have become slightly obsessed too - there are so many options it's making my head spin! I plan to do a lot of babywearing so I am not sure how much I will use a stroller, especially in the first couple months when it's cold out. I came across the Guzzie and Guss GUGU 102. It's on sale right now for $299 (from $499) TJ's the Kiddies store in Vancouver. I believe it does all those things you mentioned beccasweet:

1. Both DH and I can use, which means an adjustable handle and long foot clearance
2. I can use right away with an infant, which means a zero recline or bassinet. I have read several articles about not having an infant in a car seat when not in a car because it restricts their breathing. Obviously much safer in the car but I don't want to use the car seat for a long walk and hour at the park with the dog.
3. Easily maneuverable so I can have a dog leash in one hand and still push the stroller easily.
4. Somewhat all-terain for the park, dog park, trail walks, & camping.
4. Removable and washable fabric that is unisex (I plan on this being the only stroller we buy unless DH wants a real running stroller)
5. Reversible seat
6. Easy fold

It also fully reclines without having to attach a bassinet. I find $300 still really expensive but since it's a good deal and it got really great reviews I am finding it hard to pass on it.

Thanks! I haven't read reviews yet but on first look I love this stroller! And you are right about the price, still spendy but way more reasonable than the UppaBaby.

.hilary.'s picture
Joined: 01/31/10
Posts: 1505

"science_gal" wrote:

The Stokke is nice but holy cow $1100!! I think TJ's the kiddie place is in Vancouver if you're in the lower mainland. I am seriously considering the Guzzie and Gus I mentioned above. They probably have a lot you could try out. My friends are ordering one called Mutsy - also expensive but highly recommended by everyone that has it.

Thanks!! We aren't in Vancouver but were planning to make the drive down there sometime for some of the major purchases so we can have more options anyway. I looked up that stroller and I really like it!!!

Starryblue702's picture
Joined: 04/06/11
Posts: 5454

Lol so I was just reading back through this post and caught the little "tiff" between Sheila (triplespiral) and Carrie (the lurker)... LMAO where did that come from? I lurk myself all over this site, but I don't pop into other boards and go to town on someone, even if I don't agree with their opinion! Am I the only one that saw this, or are you guys just too nice to mention it??!! LMAO...

.hilary.'s picture
Joined: 01/31/10
Posts: 1505

I ignored it because she is a lurker and doesnt need any extra attention! I thought it was awful of her to come in and unleash like that. Sad

Joined: 10/05/09
Posts: 672

".hilary." wrote:

Thanks!! We aren't in Vancouver but were planning to make the drive down there sometime for some of the major purchases so we can have more options anyway. I looked up that stroller and I really like it!!!

I tried the GUGU 201 stroller out yesterday and I liked it even though there were some things I did not love.
Pros:
- bassinet converts to seat
- seat faces both for and rearwards
- smooth ride
- not too heavy compared to other strollers
- seemed sturdy and high quality materials
- basket is accessible from the back even in reclined position
- seat locks in different levels of incline
- comes with rainshield and footmuff
- it is quite a bit less bulky and smaller than the other strollers we tried (I like that)
- can get a cat seat adapter that fits with 5 different seats (Grayco, Britax, etc) (not included). The car seat goes into the frame without the bassinet in it (easy to remove), so it's not at all bulky.

Cons:
-need both hands to collapse (I couldn't figure out how for the longest time but once I did it was easy. It's not something you would do on a daily basis anyways)
- conversion from bassinet to seat was not super easy but DH figured it out within a few minutes
- it was somewhat difficult to put back from the collapsed position (the buttons are too close to the wheel and your hand gets squished)
- it does not ride as steadily as some of the more expensive strollers (it veers a little) and is not as easy to steer with one hand

I am not 100% sold but for the price ($299 from $499) it's a good deal. The newer model GUGU strollers are nice too but way out of our price range and bulkier (even $300 is a lot).

_Jessicah_'s picture
Joined: 04/21/11
Posts: 1973

".hilary." wrote:

I ignored it because she is a lurker and doesnt need any extra attention! I thought it was awful of her to come in and unleash like that. Sad

Yeah me too. Sometimes it's better not to feed into the crap and just let it go instead of starting a war.

.hilary.'s picture
Joined: 01/31/10
Posts: 1505

"science_gal" wrote:

I tried the GUGU 201 stroller out yesterday and I liked it even though there were some things I did not love.
Pros:
- bassinet converts to seat
- seat faces both for and rearwards
- smooth ride
- not too heavy compared to other strollers
- seemed sturdy and high quality materials
- basket is accessible from the back even in reclined position
- seat locks in different levels of incline
- comes with rainshield and footmuff
- it is quite a bit less bulky and smaller than the other strollers we tried (I like that)
- can get a cat seat adapter that fits with 5 different seats (Grayco, Britax, etc) (not included). The car seat goes into the frame without the bassinet in it (easy to remove), so it's not at all bulky.

Cons:
-need both hands to collapse (I couldn't figure out how for the longest time but once I did it was easy. It's not something you would do on a daily basis anyways)
- conversion from bassinet to seat was not super easy but DH figured it out within a few minutes
- it was somewhat difficult to put back from the collapsed position (the buttons are too close to the wheel and your hand gets squished)
- it does not ride as steadily as some of the more expensive strollers (it veers a little) and is not as easy to steer with one hand

I am not 100% sold but for the price ($299 from $499) it's a good deal. The newer model GUGU strollers are nice too but way out of our price range and bulkier (even $300 is a lot).

Thanks for this!!!!! So helpful. I will still look at it, but I would really prefer a one-hand collapse and I definitely want something that rides smooth and steady. it does sound like an amazing deal though!

PAmom2boys's picture
Joined: 04/29/09
Posts: 1494

"_Jessicah_" wrote:

Yeah me too. Sometimes it's better not to feed into the crap and just let it go instead of starting a war.

Me too.

Starryblue702's picture
Joined: 04/06/11
Posts: 5454

"_Jessicah_" wrote:

Yeah me too. Sometimes it's better not to feed into the crap and just let it go instead of starting a war.

I agree with this completely, but it just irked too much not to say anything about how totally rude she was!

beccasweet's picture
Joined: 04/10/11
Posts: 679

I am in absolutely no way serious about buying this stroller but just had to share.

http://www.4moms.com/origami