DH and I have to decide if we want to do the screening. Due to some bad stories of friends getting false positives and being beside themselves with worry the whole pregnancy (they didn't do an amnio) we have decided to decline. We wouldn't change anything anyhow. My friend is getting it and trying to convince me to do it as well. But seeing what my other friends went through, I just really don't want to. We would have to travel quite far to get the amnio and I am not sure we would anyways.
I realize knowing early will give time to prepare and get informed, which is the main benefit I see. Also, for some conditions, doctors can plan ahead surgeries etc I think (e.g., heart defects).
What is your plan?