Yay for baby showers to look forward to. I'm going to send out my invites this weekend to have it on 11/2. DH feels awkward arranging it ourselves (he feels like we're begging for gifts) but I don't have a close enough friend here to ask and my friends here haven't offered so I'm just going ahead with it.
I'm going to call the doc today because I have period like cramps last night, on top of the constant braxton hicks as well as some mild diarrhea. He said to call if I had either of the new symptoms. I hate stressing about what all this means. It is exhausting and is making me feel even worse.
And last night my breasts started leaking! I mean, pouring out! Freaked the hell out of me, even though I know it's normal at some stage. I just feel like all of this is happening too soon!!
Hopefully you can get some answers Roxi on whats going on. My baby shower is November 10 so a little over a month before I have mine. I can not wait to have the baby. A little time off work. lol Im ready for the craziness of life with 4 kids by myself.
Ive been talking to my landlord and a few others in the area about 3 bedroom apartments and houses and come to the conclusion I need to just buy a freaking house lol. I can not afford what they want for a 3 bedroom for our town we live in because there are 2 colleges in my town and another one in the next town so its insane. So for now we are stuck in the 2 bedroom we have right now which is fine. I asked my oldest the other day if she wanted to stay where we were for another year and she was excited thinking she would get to keep her teacher she has this year. Um no. lol Kids are funny.
My son told me this morning he has a spider bite on his arm and a dragon bite. I asked him where the dragon came from and he could not tell me.
ROFL @ the dragon bite!
I didn't end up calling the doc yet.... I just don't want to be the paranoid first timer.... I have an appt next week and nothing feels urgent so I'll try wait till then to tell him. I'm feeling a bit better than earlier this week, so maybe if I can reduce the stressing then the symptoms will calm down.
We're looking for a new apartment too. Its frustrating the here in NYC you can't sign a new lease too far in advance so we have yo give notice at our current place first and then only 8 weeks before we move can we seriously look at apartments. Its very stressful. But I still keep an eye on the real estate ads...
What the heck why do you have to give notice then start looking. House/apartment hunting can take forever. We have a year lease and I look the whole time I have it. I told my property manager today that we will be staying next year also. It was more so to make sure were not on the show list.
In NYC available properties are generally only advertised with occupation dates no more than 2 months in advance and get snapped up within weeks of being advertised, so proper hunting is worthless too far in advance. The best one can do is keep an eye on the prices in the neighbourhoods you're interested in. Like right now the properties advertised are for occupation in November/December. Our lease is up end of Feb so we will give notice at the beginning of December and start looking in January.
I have been feeling blah lately. Cant get out of this funk. Wish the next few weeks would go by quick so the baby would be here. Down to single digit weeks now. Im ready for her to be here. I have what I need. My job is finally getting settled for me to be on maternity leave and I am up to this months foreclosure reports which is HUGE since I havent been on the same months reports in months. lol Its still crazy at work and had people move around. The kids are crazy and Taylor had a horrible day yesterday but had a good one today which made up for it. Trinity and Sydney are good. Sydney is closer to getting potty trained. Can not wait.
Wow, Kati! Can't believe you're down to single digit weeks left!!! And congrats on catching up with your work. I hope you feel better soon.
I landed up in hospital again yesterday for observation The contractions are a little sorer than they have been so far but still no progression into active labor so the docs aren't doing anything about it yet. Will talk to my OB tomorrow about whether we will need to do steroid shots after 31 weeks....