Things I Forgot About Pregnancy
Okay, Ya'll, there are sooo many things I'm already experiencing that I had forgotten about in pregnancy.
1) the midnight "bring my bloodsugar back up" snack...my body, at the beginning of pregnancy, becomes extremely efficient with insulin, so while I still have to take the same amount of insulin to achieve the right numbers in the right time period, my numbers continue to fall (they normally don't, they level out when I'm not pg) and I suddenly have to have snacks when i'm SO NOT hungry and may in fact be feeling kinda sick. Ugh!!
2) The CRAZY VIVID dreams! This has happened several times already and I'm not usually given to dreaming.
3) The foggy brain effect! It feels like I'm walking around in a fog...my brain just won't function...I forget what I'm saying half way through my sentences. I feel so stupid when that happens!
4) The exhaustion! Need I say more?
5) The cravings for stuff just because I won't let myself have it...sugary substances, Diet sodas (give me some Diet DP please!!), all the bready, pasta-y junk that I usually have sometimes but won't let myself have much of during pregnancy b/c of the need for tighter contol on my bloodsugar.
6) Of course, the dreaded nausea...It starts at 3 wks before I even know I'm pregnant and stays through 12 wks. This is what makes my husband say "You must be pregnant."
Tell me I'm not the only one in this boat!!!