How long?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
batbird's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 08/29/06
Posts: 325
How long?

How long can af be late with nef hpts till you need to call the ob? I am now three days late, and still no pos hpts.

Nell4Him's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 10/25/06
Posts: 2455

My sister was a week (to the day) late a short while ago and she went to the doc (before AF finally showed that afternoon). They didn't seem concerned at all. Said to test every week but to call if it had been more than 4 weeks late. Sometimes you can just skip a period altogether and it's completely normal. :confused:

batbird's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 08/29/06
Posts: 325

"Nell4Him" wrote:

My sister was a week (to the day) late a short while ago and she went to the doc (before AF finally showed that afternoon). They didn't seem concerned at all. Said to test every week but to call if it had been more than 4 weeks late. Sometimes you can just skip a period altogether and it's completely normal. :confused:

Can you skip even with ovulation?

Nell4Him's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 10/25/06
Posts: 2455

I'm not sure. :confused: She can't prove ovulation because she hasn't been using OPK's or temping. She started temping this cycle and I think I convinced her to TRY OPK's. She and her doc think that she only has one functioning ovary cause she skips a period almost every other time. Her cycle is normally 22 days long and she's gone up to 44 days 3 times in the last 6 or 7 months.

But like I said, she can't prove or disprove ovulation cause she hasn't been tracking THAT part, just her AF.

batbird's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 08/29/06
Posts: 325

Ok, theory, I had a stomach bug, and today's fmu was the first time it wasn't extremely dark. Even though I have been drinking a lot of fluids, could my body still be filtering out blood junk as a catch up, and not filtering out any hcg yet? I know, just grasping at straws, but I am 17 days past ovulation, and no af. Just weird...

TyrantOfTheWeek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 12/26/05
Posts: 1147

The stomach bug could be keeping AF away. That's my vote.

dreamchaser's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 01/31/07
Posts: 681

If you've ovulated I'm pretty sure you're period shouldn't be later than 16 days. When cycles are longer than usual it's usually because of delayed ovulation (due to illness or stress) or it's annovulatory. So... I'd say retest and if still bfn and no af, I'd go for a blood test. Good luck!! Smile

batbird's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 08/29/06
Posts: 325

I HATE BLUE DYE TESTS!!!! Dh stopped and picked me up another test at the store today. He got a blue dye. I had a line in the positive section, but within 10 mins is just disappeared! It was a dark blue line! It was darker than the control, and very obviously there. Is that a positive or a negative. This being in limbo is horrible, now, 4 days late.

TyrantOfTheWeek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 12/26/05
Posts: 1147

"batbird" wrote:

I HATE BLUE DYE TESTS!!!! Dh stopped and picked me up another test at the store today. He got a blue dye. I had a line in the positive section, but within 10 mins is just disappeared! It was a dark blue line! It was darker than the control, and very obviously there. Is that a positive or a negative. This being in limbo is horrible, now, 4 days late.

Go hit up the $ tree or get an frer

mrs.doolittle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 months ago
Joined: 02/18/08
Posts: 1335

"dreamchaser" wrote:

If you've ovulated I'm pretty sure you're period shouldn't be later than 16 days. When cycles are longer than usual it's usually because of delayed ovulation (due to illness or stress) or it's annovulatory. So... I'd say retest and if still bfn and no af, I'd go for a blood test. Good luck!! Smile

That is exactly what I was going to say!

I would definitely go get another test. Doesn't your DH know the difference between pink and blue dye tests? Geez. Men.

carg0612's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/23/09
Posts: 1554

"mrs.doolittle" wrote:

That is exactly what I was going to say!

I would definitely go get another test. Doesn't your DH know the difference between pink and blue dye tests? Geez. Men.

Ditto.