Bfing support thread - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 460
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bfing support thread

  1. #21
    Prolific Poster onetiredmomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    congrats on 8oz, rebecca!
    pak(pumping at the keyboard!)

    mine feel fine, but i do have a drustration. for about 2 weeks jack has turned down the boobs at bed time, but will take a bottle. this morning he turned me down. i'm pumping and dh was going to feed him a bottle while i pump, so i don't know if he ate it.

    the boys go to day care now, tues/thurs, so maybe that's part of it.

    I miss the days of him just laying there, content to nurse. Now he's quite the wiggle worm. I ordered one of those nursing necklaces, hoping that will help keep him focused

    this bugs me so much.. i really don't want to ep, i love nursing him.

    any thoughts?




  2. #22
    Posting Addict AK2663's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    5,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onetiredmomma View Post
    congrats on 8oz, rebecca!
    pak(pumping at the keyboard!)

    mine feel fine, but i do have a drustration. for about 2 weeks jack has turned down the boobs at bed time, but will take a bottle. this morning he turned me down. i'm pumping and dh was going to feed him a bottle while i pump, so i don't know if he ate it.

    the boys go to day care now, tues/thurs, so maybe that's part of it.

    I miss the days of him just laying there, content to nurse. Now he's quite the wiggle worm. I ordered one of those nursing necklaces, hoping that will help keep him focused

    this bugs me so much.. i really don't want to ep, i love nursing him.

    any thoughts?
    I just started having the same problem yesterday. Three times in a row she wouldnt nurse She started doing it after mid-nursing she unlatched from the nipple and latched onto my skin on the side of my bb instead...well it hurt so bad I let out a loud 'OUCH!' and yanked away from her. Well I must have scared her bc the lip came out quivering and tears followed. IDK if thats why she wouldnt nurse the rest of the day or what...guess Ill find out today.

    Its funny bc this whole time, while I dont mind nursing her, a lot of times I find it to be a PITA. The second she wouldnt latch on tho, I became really upset thinking about never nursing her again...ahhhh damn hormones!!
    Anne
    DH Chris
    DD1 Gracie
    DD2 Emily
    Twin B


  3. #23
    Mega Poster sngowd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,757

    Default

    I can't believe I missed this thread! Ok, I'm not sure if anyone's already posted this Anne, but if she's clamping down and you want to show her it's not ok...cause it hurts like a #*%@!...then every time she does it just immediately remove your nipple from her mouth - as fast as possible. And I always wait a few minutes before I start back up too. HTH!!!

    Ok...on to reading the rest of everybody's replies.
    Shannon
    DH Daniel 8/06
    DD Ruby 6/07
    DD Violet 4/09
    DS Frederick 2/11

  4. #24
    Mega Poster sngowd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,757

    Default

    Ruby!!! hahahaha! Mine are the EXACT same way. I was gonna say after the 1st, it'll probably be much easier cause they don't even have much feeling anymore.

    I am so proud of all you NIP, it's hard at 1st, and you get so many stare downs. More than once I've had to make a comment, my fav is always "did you want a drink too?" ROFL...note to self, never say that in front of DH...he was mortifiied! LOL

    I totally agree about the deep tissue pain while pumping, kuddos to all you pumpers, it's so hard to keep up with!

    Audra, Ruby had her two bottom teeth by her 4 month checkup too. I'm not sure if yours bit you, but I only had Ru try once when she was about 9 months, so no problem with the teeth. Although I must say popping my bb in her mouth for the 1st time after her teeth were REALLY out was a tad bit nerve-racking at 1st! LOL

    And lastly, I LOVE having this support thread!
    Shannon
    DH Daniel 8/06
    DD Ruby 6/07
    DD Violet 4/09
    DS Frederick 2/11

  5. #25
    Super Poster Alikat30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Does anyone have issues with baby being too hot while nursing? She kicks and breaks her latch-very similar to being gassy, but I have already gone through all the gassy cures and it's not that.
    We're going through a bit of a heat wave and LO gets really fussy at the breast when she's hot. We don't have central air, just a portable AC unit in our room for sleeping, but I'm sick of being confined in there to BF.
    Anyone else?
    Alison, 35
    Married June 03
    DD#1 5/14/09
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
    DD#2 9/25/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

  6. #26
    Super Poster schulzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Olivia is doing the whole turn the head/pulling/tugging thing lately, too. And she is definitely in the beginning stages of teething. BF is going okay--she just seems to have hit a growth spurt in the last couple of days and wants to eat constantly--the pedi said to start her on a bit of cereal at 4 months, but I'm thinking I may need to add some cereal fairly soon--anyone else doing that? if so, how are you doing it? adding it to the bottle and what about the nipple? I know it says not to enlarge it, but I think thats what I ended up doing with DD.
    Sonja



    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker


  7. #27
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,260

    Default

    Hi Everyone! I really thought that this thread would be helpful to me and I wanted to offer support to others as well and well... I've got a lot of catching up to do! Is it okay for me to jump back in?
    Julie

  8. #28
    Mega Poster sngowd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Readyforbaby1 View Post
    Hi Everyone! I really thought that this thread would be helpful to me and I wanted to offer support to others as well and well... I've got a lot of catching up to do! Is it okay for me to jump back in?
    Of course!
    Shannon
    DH Daniel 8/06
    DD Ruby 6/07
    DD Violet 4/09
    DS Frederick 2/11

  9. #29
    Mega Poster sngowd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alikat30 View Post
    Does anyone have issues with baby being too hot while nursing? She kicks and breaks her latch-very similar to being gassy, but I have already gone through all the gassy cures and it's not that.
    We're going through a bit of a heat wave and LO gets really fussy at the breast when she's hot. We don't have central air, just a portable AC unit in our room for sleeping, but I'm sick of being confined in there to BF.
    Anyone else?
    I've found if she's just wearing a onesie it really helps alot. If she's naked then she gets so much hotter so fast! But Vi is the same way about nursing in the heat, especially if I have to cover her up because I'm NIP. I completely understand why some women use nothing to cover their baby except it's head!
    Shannon
    DH Daniel 8/06
    DD Ruby 6/07
    DD Violet 4/09
    DS Frederick 2/11

  10. #30
    Mrslauriejean
    Guest

    Default

    Okay ladies i'm sure you will all love this I NIP at the outlets today. Sitting on a bench right outside Gap. I totally dont care. I got a ton of looks by women, only one was a friendly smile and she said hi but the rest were b!tchy. I totally didn't care. I didn't even use a cover or anything..just pulled up my top shirt and pulled down my nursing tank!!

    BTW I also get the underside of the boob suck every now and then, it hurts like a b!tch..OUCH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions