10 lessons learned from this election - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 114
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: 10 lessons learned from this election

  1. #31
    Super Poster
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jeddah
    Posts
    678

    Default

    I just can't believe how hot emotions are running.
    Aisha

  2. #32
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivergallery View Post
    You do realize Obama has killed more people with drones than Bush did.. right?
    You do realize people "mourned" the re-election of Bush before Obama was elected, right?

  3. #33
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,672
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  4. #34
    Community Host Alissa_Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Debating Away on the Debate Board!
    Posts
    11,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    That's a dumb reason to fire people. Absolutely nothing has changed from November 5th to today. I would think that a smarter move would be to wait until something actually changes, you get a chance to analyze how those changes are projected to impact your business, and then act accordingly. He admits that he's being "proactive." I think "knee jerk reaction" would be a better description.

    I also don't get what his point was about saying that most of his employees are Hispanic. Is he saying that because they're Hispanic they probably voted for Obama so they forced his hand or something? Just not sure where he was going with that whole thing.
    -Alissa, mom to Tristan (5) and Reid (the baby!)

    Got an opinion? We've got a board! Come join us for some lively debate on the Face Off! Debate Arena board.

  5. #35
    Posting Addict KimPossible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    Gee wonder why he wanted to remain anonymous. Maybe its because he's an ***. This man is using his employees to make a statement under the guise of "I have to be proactive because at some point down the road its going to be too expensive". Gross.

    Calling a radio station, firing his employees the day after an election. At this point in time, if he could have paid his employees the day before the election, he could have the day after. It's crazy to believe this "I need to be proactive" BS. This guy has turned his employees livelihoods into a soapbox. Disgusting.
    smsturner likes this.

  6. #36
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alissa_Sal View Post
    That's a dumb reason to fire people. Absolutely nothing has changed from November 5th to today. I would think that a smarter move would be to wait until something actually changes, you get a chance to analyze how those changes are projected to impact your business, and then act accordingly. He admits that he's being "proactive." I think "knee jerk reaction" would be a better description.

    I also don't get what his point was about saying that most of his employees are Hispanic. Is he saying that because they're Hispanic they probably voted for Obama so they forced his hand or something? Just not sure where he was going with that whole thing.
    You really think people haven't had time to evaluate what Obamacare is going to cost their business? Why do you think so many got waivers?
    wlillie likes this.
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  7. #37
    Community Host Alissa_Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Debating Away on the Debate Board!
    Posts
    11,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    You really think people haven't had time to evaluate what Obamacare is going to cost their business? Why do you think so many got waivers?
    I don't buy the Obamacare excuse. As Kim said, if he could afford to pay his employees on Monday, he could afford to pay them today. Also, if it were entirely based on Obamacare, it would have been very silly to wait until Romney was elected (if he had been) because none of us had any clue what Romney was actually going to do. I know he vowed to "repeal Obamacare from day one" but there are two issues to that. First of all, how would he have done that? Dems still hold the Senate so it would be very difficult for him to repeal it, even if he had won. Second of all, I think that even if he repealed it, he would have to replace it with something, and not knowing any details about what that something might be and how that something will be projected to impact his business, it's kind of a silly bet to assume that it would automatically be better for his business.

    I agree with Kim, I think this guy is using his employee's livlihood as his personal soapbox, and I think it's gross.
    -Alissa, mom to Tristan (5) and Reid (the baby!)

    Got an opinion? We've got a board! Come join us for some lively debate on the Face Off! Debate Arena board.

  8. #38
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alissa_Sal View Post
    I don't buy the Obamacare excuse. As Kim said, if he could afford to pay his employees on Monday, he could afford to pay them today. Also, if it were entirely based on Obamacare, it would have been very silly to wait until Romney was elected (if he had been) because none of us had any clue what Romney was actually going to do. I know he vowed to "repeal Obamacare from day one" but there are two issues to that. First of all, how would he have done that? Dems still hold the Senate so it would be very difficult for him to repeal it, even if he had won. Second of all, I think that even if he repealed it, he would have to replace it with something, and not knowing any details about what that something might be and how that something will be projected to impact his business, it's kind of a silly bet to assume that it would automatically be better for his business.

    I agree with Kim, I think this guy is using his employee's livlihood as his personal soapbox, and I think it's gross.
    He would have had hope with Romney... now he knows for sure Obamacare will be put in place and he knows what it will cost him. What is he supposed to wait until he can't make payroll to lay people off? Most healthcare coverage has to be paid in advance, so he has to put aside enough to pay for the new coverage he is required to have. I guarantee you this won't be the first layoff there will be many more to come. Why do you think the stock market tanked?
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  9. #39
    Community Host Alissa_Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Debating Away on the Debate Board!
    Posts
    11,771

    Default

    "Hope" is a very nebulous thing to make business decisions on. As someone who studies the actual financial impact of reg changes to businesses (using hard numbers), I disapprove.
    -Alissa, mom to Tristan (5) and Reid (the baby!)

    Got an opinion? We've got a board! Come join us for some lively debate on the Face Off! Debate Arena board.

  10. #40
    Posting Addict KimPossible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,266

    Default

    Gloria, you want to believe he had to do this at this time because it supports your feelings on Obama.
    I don't want to believe he had to do this at this time because it supports my feelings that he is simply trying to set an example and nothing more.

    Neither of us actually know because we don't have his books.

    But A)I'd like to know how he knows exactly how much this is going to cost him
    B)Find it rather suspicious that he would call a radio station with this story...plus the way he was wording it according to the article, the way he tried to sway his employees vote. The whole thing reeks of a man on a mission.

    He didn't need to fire anyone until he knew as fact what this would roughly cost him. Don't agree? Fine.
    smsturner likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions