Boy Scouts Tp (Possibly) End Homosexual Ban - Page 27
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 522
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: Boy Scouts Tp (Possibly) End Homosexual Ban

  1. #261
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post
    Your going to have to find some authentic data if you hope to convince others of your viewpoint.
    I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I was asked my viewpoint and I answered. I'm not expecting anyone to change their mind, since all the members on this board are clearly on one side or the other. Sorry you don't like it but that article does express my views. If you don't like it don't read it. I do think the male and female are genetically designed for their unique roles, and that children do best with a mother and a father. That doesn't mean you can't develop those bonds artifically through adoption, but I do think that God designed our bodies to do these things.

    And though you may think it is a stupid, it is based on medical facts.
    Oxytocin hormone promotes bonding
    Rivergallery likes this.
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  2. #262
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Gloria~I'm absolutely supportive of you having your views. We all have different viewpoints. My stance is that if it isn't hurting me and my family than I really don't have a say in it based on my morals. 2 men or 2 women marrying do not hurt your family. You get to get married and get all the government benefits. You get to see your husband in the hospital. You get to raise your family and instilling in them what you find is important. Why can't they? How are they hurting you?

    Why can't we, as a society, just say hey...you live your way and I'll live mine. We would be a much better place if we just started to mind our own business about what goes on in other people's houses.
    mommydearest likes this.

  3. #263
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    23,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I was asked my viewpoint and I answered. I'm not expecting anyone to change their mind, since all the members on this board are clearly on one side or the other. Sorry you don't like it but that article does express my views. If you don't like it don't read it. I do think the male and female are genetically designed for their unique roles, and that children do best with a mother and a father. That doesn't mean you can't develop those bonds artifically through adoption, but I do think that God designed our bodies to do these things.

    And though you may think it is a stupid, it is based on medical facts.
    Oxytocin hormone promotes bonding
    None of that is an effective argument against gay marriage. It just doesn't connect. So you think the ideal parenting scenario involves a man and a woman.....do you think only people with ideal scenarios should have kids? Should all single mothers give up their babies to couples? Oh wait, adoption isn't good either due to hormones. We all know adoptive parents can only have those bonds "artificially".

    And so what about gay couples who don't want kids? Still not okay because of your parenting ideal?

    How about real life people we actually know who are adopted and/or have gay parents and are part of happy families? No good?
    Laurie, mom to:
    Nathaniel ( 10 ) and Juliet ( 6 )




    Baking Adventures In A Messy Kitchen (blog)

  4. #264
    Posting Addict Rivergallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    9,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freddieflounder101 View Post
    None of that is an effective argument against gay marriage. It just doesn't connect. So you think the ideal parenting scenario involves a man and a woman.....do you think only people with ideal scenarios should have kids? Should all single mothers give up their babies to couples? Oh wait, adoption isn't good either due to hormones. We all know adoptive parents can only have those bonds "artificially".

    And so what about gay couples who don't want kids? Still not okay because of your parenting ideal?

    How about real life people we actually know who are adopted and/or have gay parents and are part of happy families? No good?

    Laurie - we all vote according to our MORALS.. just because Glorias are different "more strict" in certain areas than yours doesn't necessarily make them wrong... It all depends on what you base your right and wrong on.. If we are all basing them off our OWN set of values then it is perfectly fine for us to believe whatever we want is right or wrong .. correct... but Stars above forbid if we base it on a Book.. written years and years ago..... then we are wrong in our beliefs, and shouldn't try and share or promote or vote according to them.

    Fine.. then Murder is fine.... oh it isn't.... who says.. society? why.. what if society changes.. in some societies it is fine... what makes it immoral.?

    Don't throw eating pork at the situation.. it is something our society believes is ok.. Throw in something our society believes is wrong... why do we? what is it based on.. why do most societies view it that way.. and why?... we are all amoebas after all.. who the hell cares. Survival of the Fittest.

    Yes I am being sarcastic.. it has gone on long enough.. get over it.
    DH-Aug 30th 1997 Josiah - 6/3/02 Isaac 7/31/03

  5. #265
    Posting Addict Rivergallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    9,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica80 View Post
    Gloria~I'm absolutely supportive of you having your views. We all have different viewpoints. My stance is that if it isn't hurting me and my family than I really don't have a say in it based on my morals. 2 men or 2 women marrying do not hurt your family. You get to get married and get all the government benefits. You get to see your husband in the hospital. You get to raise your family and instilling in them what you find is important. Why can't they? How are they hurting you?

    Why can't we, as a society, just say hey...you live your way and I'll live mine. We would be a much better place if we just started to mind our own business about what goes on in other people's houses.
    You are lying, you are not supportive at ALL.. HER belief is that she has a right to vote according to her beliefs. She stated why she views things the way she does. You obviously don't like it.
    DH-Aug 30th 1997 Josiah - 6/3/02 Isaac 7/31/03

  6. #266
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    23,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivergallery View Post
    Laurie - we all vote according to our MORALS.. just because Glorias are different "more strict" in certain areas than yours doesn't necessarily make them wrong... It all depends on what you base your right and wrong on.. If we are all basing them off our OWN set of values then it is perfectly fine for us to believe whatever we want is right or wrong .. correct... but Stars above forbid if we base it on a Book.. written years and years ago..... then we are wrong in our beliefs, and shouldn't try and share or promote or vote according to them.

    Fine.. then Murder is fine.... oh it isn't.... who says.. society? why.. what if society changes.. in some societies it is fine... what makes it immoral.?

    Don't throw eating pork at the situation.. it is something our society believes is ok.. Throw in something our society believes is wrong... why do we? what is it based on.. why do most societies view it that way.. and why?... we are all amoebas after all.. who the hell cares. Survival of the Fittest.

    Yes I am being sarcastic.. it has gone on long enough.. get over it.
    Society used to believe "interracial" marriage was wrong. That was proven to be bigotry. This is the same and the country is changing bit by bit as bigotry against homosexuals wanes.

    Eating pork matters. Tons of Jewish people in this country do NOT think it is okay. They also don't think the law should be changed for everybody else because of their beliefs.
    Laurie, mom to:
    Nathaniel ( 10 ) and Juliet ( 6 )




    Baking Adventures In A Messy Kitchen (blog)

  7. #267
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    I am not lying. I am supportive that she has her own belief system whether or not we agree. I do NOT support voting on human rights and I certainly to not support using ANY religious text to make laws for the US.

    Again, murder is wrong because it ends someone else's life and not at their choosing. It hurts them. People being gay doesn't hurt you. Gay marriage doesn't hurt you. You may not like it but it doesn't hurt you. I'm not a big fan of homeschooling. Just not. I think it is beneficial in very limited situations. I absolutely support your right and Bonita's right to homeschool as well as all the other people I know that homeschool....it doesn't hurt me that you do. I wouldn't homebirth but I'm not going to tell Melis or my other home birthing friends they can't. None of that is my business nor is it your business to tell someone they do not have full and equal rights as you.

  8. #268
    Posting Addict Rivergallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    9,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica80 View Post
    I am not lying. I am supportive that she has her own belief system whether or not we agree. I do NOT support voting on human rights and I certainly to not support using ANY religious text to make laws for the US.

    Again, murder is wrong because it ends someone else's life and not at their choosing. It hurts them. People being gay doesn't hurt you. Gay marriage doesn't hurt you. You may not like it but it doesn't hurt you. I'm not a big fan of homeschooling. Just not. I think it is beneficial in very limited situations. I absolutely support your right and Bonita's right to homeschool as well as all the other people I know that homeschool....it doesn't hurt me that you do. I wouldn't homebirth but I'm not going to tell Melis or my other home birthing friends they can't. None of that is my business nor is it your business to tell someone they do not have full and equal rights as you.
    Abortion also ends someones life and not at their choosing.
    DH-Aug 30th 1997 Josiah - 6/3/02 Isaac 7/31/03

  9. #269
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Yes. Abortion ends a life. On that I will side with the woman and let her make her own decision. Until that baby can survive without being connected to her...what she does is up to her. But my belief doesn't necessarily think abortion is wrong even though I wouldn't have one.

    I would say as much as I love to debate abortion rights....that I think it's going to take off in a completely different direction than we need this debate to go. It's just a large can of worms to open on an already gigantic thread.

  10. #270
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    dp

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions