Donald Trump gets served
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 80

Thread: Donald Trump gets served

  1. #1
    Posting Addict LiveFreeOrDie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Donald Trump gets served

    This reminds me of the "Be quiet, the adults are talking" picture of Obama going around the internet.

    Seriously, if the Donald runs for president, USA=laughing stock of world.

    http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...se?sc=fb&cc=fp
    Robin
    Mom to Cecilia and Eloisa


    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

  2. #2
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    I had to share Easter Dinner with an actual person who thinks that Trump would be great as President. Nearly choked on the ham bone.

  3. #3
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,706

    Default

    It would have been easier if Obama had just released it 2 years ago, instead of now complaining about the distraction that he himself caused by not just releasing it. If he had done it then he wouldn't have given Trump the satisfaction of thinking he forced Obama to do it, instead of whatever political reason Obama had for withholding it. I think whatever reason Obama had it has kind of backfired, because people are still asking the same question: why didn't he just release it a long time ago?
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  4. #4
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    So the President of the United States bows to public pressure from insane people and you still blame him?

    http://www.theonion.com/articles/tru...-hes-no,20250/

    Made me laugh.

  5. #5
    Posting Addict Alissa_Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Debating Away on the Debate Board!
    Posts
    11,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    So the President of the United States bows to public pressure from insane people and you still blame him?
    Yup. I think he was pretty much in a lose/lose situation when it comes to the whole "birther" thing. No matter what he did, someone was going to criticize, because they just don't like him and wanted something to criticize.
    -Alissa, mom to Tristan (5) and Reid (the baby!)

    Got an opinion? We've got a board! Come join us for some lively debate on the Face Off! Debate Arena board.

  6. #6
    Posting Addict Spacers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    My avatar is the tai chi -- a symbol of the eternal cycle of life
    Posts
    16,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    It would have been easier if Obama had just released it 2 years ago, instead of now complaining about the distraction that he himself caused by not just releasing it. If he had done it then he wouldn't have given Trump the satisfaction of thinking he forced Obama to do it, instead of whatever political reason Obama had for withholding it. I think whatever reason Obama had it has kind of backfired, because people are still asking the same question: why didn't he just release it a long time ago?
    He did release it a long time ago, in June of 2008. I think the confusion came from the fact that Hawaii, like some other states, prints "informational copies" on a form with information from a database. This prevents fraudulent use by others getting their hands on a certified copy of someone else's birth certificate. Other states print the entire birth certificate but put the words "informational copy" in red over it all. It's not Obama's fault he was born in a state that issues its informational copies like that. Here it is:
    http://msgboard.snopes.com/politics/graphics/birth.jpg
    Last edited by Spacers; 04-27-2011 at 03:39 PM.
    The number of U.S. states in which a person can marry the person they love regardless of gender: 30 and counting!

  7. #7
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacers View Post
    He did release it a long time ago, in June of 2008. I think the confusion came from the fact that Hawaii, like some other states, prints "informational copies" on a form with information from a database. This prevents fraudulent use by others getting their hands on a certified copy of someone else's birth certificate. Other states print the entire birth certificate but put the words "informational copy" in red over it all. It's not Obama's fault he was born in a state that issues its informational copies like that. Here it is:
    http://msgboard.snopes.com/politics/graphics/birth.jpg
    No, but it is his fault that he didn't just get the original copy then and post it just like he did now. I'm not sure why that takes 2 years. Wouldn't that have been easier than fighting it in court and keeping the controversy alive? Why spend taxpayer money for it to go through the court system when all he had to do was get a copy?
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  8. #8
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    6,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    No, but it is his fault that he didn't just get the original copy then and post it just like he did now. I'm not sure why that takes 2 years. Wouldn't that have been easier than fighting it in court and keeping the controversy alive? Why spend taxpayer money for it to go through the court system when all he had to do was get a copy?
    Seriously? Should crazies just be able to demand whatever unnecessary documentation they want from a sitting president and expect him to hop to it? He's been a little busy the last few years. The next thing Trump will be asking for is Obama's mom's medical records from the maternity ward to "prove" he was born here. Obama submitted documentation a LONG time ago showing he was born in the US.

  9. #9
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CalBearInBoston View Post
    Seriously? Should crazies just be able to demand whatever unnecessary documentation they want from a sitting president and expect him to hop to it? He's been a little busy the last few years. The next thing Trump will be asking for is Obama's mom's medical records from the maternity ward to "prove" he was born here. Obama submitted documentation a LONG time ago showing he was born in the US.
    I don't think a birth certificate is unnecessary documentation. George W Bush was asked for a lot more when he had to release his military service records. Were the Democrats who questioned his service crazies too?

    http://www.factcheck.org/new_evidenc...ce_mostly.html
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  10. #10
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    6,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    I don't think a birth certificate is unnecessary documentation. George W Bush was asked for a lot more when he had to release his military service records. Were the Democrats who questioned his service crazies too?

    http://www.factcheck.org/new_evidenc...ce_mostly.html
    Obama released a "Certification of Birth" issued by the state of Hawaii in 2008. You know, the same sort of form Trump released for himself that he called his birth certificate. What exactly is on the long form that was not on the short form that was necessary for determining whether Obama was born in Hawaii?

    Bush was lying, so I don't think it was crazy that he should have had to back up his claims of service.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions