"End is near" -- what would you do?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
MissyJ's picture
Joined: 01/31/02
Posts: 3210
"End is near" -- what would you do?

Semi-fluff. "Are you ready for the end of the world?" references the Mayan prediction of the world coming to an end on December 21, 2012.

*IF* you felt that the end was truly at hand next week, what would you do?

MissyJ's picture
Joined: 01/31/02
Posts: 3210

With today being that once in a lifetime date of 12-12-12....... what if someone transposed those middle numbers of the end of the Mayan calendar???? :question:

Just in case -- thank you all for sharing this journey with me! Wink

smsturner's picture
Joined: 05/11/09
Posts: 1303

I would stop going to work and just spend the time at home with my family. Best things in life Smile

Joined: 08/17/04
Posts: 2226

I agree...if I knew for sure it was ending I would just stop working and have fun and enjoy my family for the next week or so.

Open Christmas gifts...eat awful foods...etc.

Joined: 05/31/06
Posts: 4780

I'd just keep on. The husband is done with school for a month and not traveling so is at home, the kids are almost done with school, and the focus is all on family and food and fun traditions and christmas parties and annual traditions and whatnot. I'm a little put out that we would go out RIGHT before our annual 7 fish dinner as that is my favorite tradition of the entire year, but other than that I wouldn't change much. I might throw in some extra massages or spa time or something, just because I'd like to go out rested and looking pretty.

MissyJ's picture
Joined: 01/31/02
Posts: 3210

"Potter75" wrote:

I'd just keep on. The husband is done with school for a month and not traveling so is at home, the kids are almost done with school, and the focus is all on family and food and fun traditions and christmas parties and annual traditions and whatnot. I'm a little put out that we would go out RIGHT before our annual 7 fish dinner as that is my favorite tradition of the entire year, but other than that I wouldn't change much. I might throw in some extra massages or spa time or something, just because I'd like to go out rested and looking pretty.

Maybe host your 7 fish dinner a few days early this year on the 20th? Since it is a favorite you wouldn't want to miss it! (Granted - then Christmas Eve you're not likely ready to do it again so soon if you're still around -- in which case you could order pizza! LOL)

*************
My answer is similar. If I knew for sure -- being with my family is where I'd want to be.

Alissa_Sal's picture
Joined: 06/29/06
Posts: 6427

I would totally quit my job...I've got enough money in the bank to last until the 21st....:lol: Other than that, yeah, just spend the remaining time with family eating good food and enjoying all of our holiday traditions.

Joined: 05/31/06
Posts: 4780

Thats true Missy, If I knew for sure for sure it was coming, like a giant asteroid was actually about to wipe us out, heck, I'd have a 14 fish dinner, just because. And I'd totally start smoking a pipe. Cause of Santa, and all Wink

MissyJ's picture
Joined: 01/31/02
Posts: 3210

"Potter75" wrote:

Thats true Missy, If I knew for sure for sure it was coming, like a giant asteroid was actually about to wipe us out, heck, I'd have a 14 fish dinner, just because. And I'd totally start smoking a pipe. Cause of Santa, and all Wink

:Whistle: Earth not out of woods after Wednesday's asteroid pass

ange84's picture
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

"Alissa_Sal" wrote:

I would totally quit my job...I've got enough money in the bank to last until the 21st....:lol: Other than that, yeah, just spend the remaining time with family eating good food and enjoying all of our holiday traditions.

This, I have enough money in savings to have an awesome time in those few days. We discussed this at work and wondered whose time zone would be the time for the world to end. I'll give you a heads up if there is impending doom ok

Spacers's picture
Joined: 12/29/03
Posts: 4100

Yep I'd just keep on doing what I'm doing. I'm taking off the 21st because it's the Winter Solstice and that's the holiday we celebrate. I'm going to get a massage & maybe my nails done next week anyway. Tiven is insisting on going to school that day, so if the world ends, I'd like it to be before the PITA that is getting her ready for school, or at least give us some nice family time together after school. I'd hate to get wiped out while walking home from school, LOL!