Fluff - Underwire bra - vs. not - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Fluff - Underwire bra - vs. not

  1. #11
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Yep, I'm with Gloria. I like underwire bras, Warner's especially. The cups are so smooth and you'd never know if I'm a bit chilly

    I keep seeing ads for the Miracle Bra. No wire, and pretty inexpensive. They look great too, but I wonder if they look that good on in real life.

  2. #12
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    "Little America"
    Posts
    5,569

    Default

    I'm only a C cup but I prefer underwire. Good luck!

  3. #13
    Posting Addict fuchsiasky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    5,925

    Default

    I hate underwire. It feels horrible. I have found a couple of nice bras that work and are pretty supportive. I have both styles and like them equally.

    Wirefree Bras | Shop at Penningtons
    Me- Fuchsia
    My Wonderful Partner - Rob
    DD - December 17 2008
    DSD 15
    DSS 18
    Feline Furbabies - Sophie and Indigo

    Little Babe 22/12/05


  4. #14
    Posting Addict smsturner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    5,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica80 View Post
    I have not found one that I really love in a large size that doesn't have underwire. It might be a personal thing but I find that the underwire keeps my shape and without it I get saggy and makes me look heavier.
    Same thing. I have a really hard time finding a J anyway....but one without an underwire? haha. and actually I like them, i need the shaping and to keep 'the girls' up and at 'em.

    If they are popping out, I wonder if you are washing them by hand or on delicate? If you are harsh with them in the wash the wires could snap or come out... (the reason tom is not allowed to touch my laundry!!lol)
    Susan, dh Tom, dd Megan, ds Marcus, ds #2 coming Feb, 2014

    Lilypie Maternity tickers

    I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26

  5. #15
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smsturner View Post

    If they are popping out, I wonder if you are washing them by hand or on delicate? If you are harsh with them in the wash the wires could snap or come out... (the reason tom is not allowed to touch my laundry!!lol)
    I only hand wash under-wire bras. Maybe I have bad luck with them or something, but I normally have them pop out before they have ever been washed at all. Super frustrating to pay $20 for something and have it brake in less than a week. I would be open to an under-wire bra if I found a good quality one that was not going to brake in less than a month and was still somewhat comfortable.

    ~Bonita~

  6. #16
    Super Poster b525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    774

    Default

    I've had good luck with Fashion Bug's balconette underwire, lightly padded bras. They put the girls more-or-less where they should be, and pretty comfortably. I am starting to have the wire works its way loose - not out yet - but sort of starting to poke a bit, but I think I've had them for almost a year and a half. They give nice support and nice shaping.
    Becky

  7. #17
    Posting Addict smsturner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    5,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaEimers View Post
    I only hand wash under-wire bras. Maybe I have bad luck with them or something, but I normally have them pop out before they have ever been washed at all. Super frustrating to pay $20 for something and have it brake in less than a week. I would be open to an under-wire bra if I found a good quality one that was not going to brake in less than a month and was still somewhat comfortable.
    The cheapest I can buy run about 50 bucks, because that size is only made by a couple companies. Maybe that's the difference, the more expensive are also higher quality? Maybe get a more expensive brand?
    Susan, dh Tom, dd Megan, ds Marcus, ds #2 coming Feb, 2014

    Lilypie Maternity tickers

    I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26

  8. #18
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smsturner View Post
    The cheapest I can buy run about 50 bucks, because that size is only made by a couple companies. Maybe that's the difference, the more expensive are also higher quality? Maybe get a more expensive brand?
    I would be open to a more expensive bra if I had really good recommendations. I don't want to spend $50 on something if I don't know for sure it is going to work. Now that I have lost a little weight I am down to a size D which should be a little easier to find.

    ~Bonita~

  9. #19
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Have you been professionally fitted, Bonita? That worked wonders for me. I found a Bali bra that fit and I just keep ordering it and ordering it.

    Also, bras really differ from company to company so the Universal Bra Size chart is so very helpful! Universal Cup Sizes - HerRoom

  10. #20
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blather View Post
    Have you been professionally fitted, Bonita? That worked wonders for me. I found a Bali bra that fit and I just keep ordering it and ordering it.

    Also, bras really differ from company to company so the Universal Bra Size chart is so very helpful! Universal Cup Sizes - HerRoom
    I so have to do that one day. Are you nekkid from the waist up with someone's face right in your cleave or what? In all my naked freedom at home and my ability to change in a locker room carefree I am a bit skeeved by the bra fitting thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions