Fluff - What is the best...

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6560
Fluff - What is the best...

Workout at home DVD? Jillian's 30 Day Shred, Tybo, or something else? (A gym is not an option)

ETA - Or Sweating with the Oldies? Smile

KimPossible's picture
Joined: 05/24/06
Posts: 3312

I have not tried any home workout DVDs but everyone in my circle is buzzing about Insanity.

Its supposed to be very intense though. I've considered looking into it because the gym is so far from my house and thats a deterrent. It would be good if i found something I enjoy doing at home.

KimPossible's picture
Joined: 05/24/06
Posts: 3312

Cow

Joined: 03/08/03
Posts: 3187

I used to do Wii Fit Plus every day for 40 minutes, an hour on weekends. It was great for me.

I don't really have the time for it now and even then it was creating a problem for our family in terms of my unavailability, but it worked, it was fun, and I never got bored. I lost 40 pounds doing that & Weight Watchers.

AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6560

"KimPossible" wrote:

Cow

?

KimPossible's picture
Joined: 05/24/06
Posts: 3312
SID081108's picture
Joined: 06/03/09
Posts: 1348

LOL about Sweating to the Oldies

All of Jillian's videos are good...30 Day Shred is great for a quick (but hard) workout, and you can get it pretty cheap on Amazon.

AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6560

"SID081108" wrote:

LOL about Sweating to the Oldies

All of Jillian's videos are good...30 Day Shred is great for a quick (but hard) workout, and you can get it pretty cheap on Amazon.

I already have the 30 day shred. The problem is that it is hard on my knees and boobs. It is in the 90's, so going for a walk/run is out right now.

AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6560

"KimPossible" wrote:

Read my post in this thread for reference Smile

http://www.pregnancy.org/bulletinboards/face-off-debate-arena-205/single-dad-girls-sleepover-party-706998/index3.html#post9082302

Word. Given the topic, I totally was wondering if you were calling me a cow or if there was some exercise program called cow.

SID081108's picture
Joined: 06/03/09
Posts: 1348

"AlyssaEimers" wrote:

I already have the 30 day shred. The problem is that it is hard on my knees and boobs. It is in the 90's, so going for a walk/run is out right now.

Even when you do the modified moves? That's one of the things I like best about that video is that they have someone consistently showing modified moves that you can follow if you have issues (for me it's my back if I do anything too high impact)

Joined: 05/31/06
Posts: 4780

I like the plyometrics workout of the p90x videos.

AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6560

"SID081108" wrote:

Even when you do the modified moves? That's one of the things I like best about that video is that they have someone consistently showing modified moves that you can follow if you have issues (for me it's my back if I do anything too high impact)

I have done the 30 day shred many times. I start out ok, then after several days my knees start to really hurt. I probably need to just suck it up and do it anyway because I need to do something. I was so excited because I lost 40 lbs and had reached my first major goal. I backed off a little and before I could bat my eyes, 15 lbs is back. For many reasons, I simply must lose that weight again.

Joined: 03/08/03
Posts: 3187

"AlyssaEimers" wrote:

I have done the 30 day shred many times. I start out ok, then after several days my knees start to really hurt. I probably need to just suck it up and do it anyway because I need to do something. I was so excited because I lost 40 lbs and had reached my first major goal. I backed off a little and before I could bat my eyes, 15 lbs is back. For many reasons, I simply must lose that weight again.

Bonita, I went through the same thing. I lost 40 pounds, then I gained 20 back. I'm now down 10 of the 20 and doing it through Weight Watchers and regular yoga. I am not really an exerciser and I simply don't have the time for a regular routine at home. . .or really, the time I DO have doesn't come up until about 9:30 or 10:00 p.m. when I need to relax a lot more than I need to exercise for my own sanity.

So now I'm focused on what I eat (and thank goodness WW makes it easy and livable), doing yoga 2-3 times a week (usually 2), and just making sure I do simple things like take stairs, walk when I can, etc. My weight loss is very very slow right now but I think that's good, it means I'm making changes I can sustain. I'm starting to fit back into some of the new clothes I'd bought and stopped being able to wear. Not there yet, but working on it.

But I totally get the challenges and I wish you luck! It's really hard, incredibly hard.

AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6560

"freddieflounder101" wrote:

Bonita, I went through the same thing. I lost 40 pounds, then I gained 20 back. I'm now down 10 of the 20 and doing it through Weight Watchers and regular yoga. I am not really an exerciser and I simply don't have the time for a regular routine at home. . .or really, the time I DO have doesn't come up until about 9:30 or 10:00 p.m. when I need to relax a lot more than I need to exercise for my own sanity.

So now I'm focused on what I eat (and thank goodness WW makes it easy and livable), doing yoga 2-3 times a week (usually 2), and just making sure I do simple things like take stairs, walk when I can, etc. My weight loss is very very slow right now but I think that's good, it means I'm making changes I can sustain. I'm starting to fit back into some of the new clothes I'd bought and stopped being able to wear. Not there yet, but working on it.

But I totally get the challenges and I wish you luck! It's really hard, incredibly hard.

It is hard. Good luck to both of us Smile

boilermaker's picture
Joined: 08/21/02
Posts: 1984

I did Insanity a few years ago and liked it. That said, if you aren't already pretty fit, it is well, insane. Super hard kind of workout.

Good luck, ladies! Rather than a hardcore workout, I'd just try to walk more or add 30 minutes of walking into your life. Especially if your knees are troublesome. I think when people jump into the really intense videos it can be disheartening.....

mom3girls's picture
Joined: 01/09/07
Posts: 1535

I love the workout by AthleanXX. Super easy to fit it into my day, every workout is only around 30 mins. They are pretty challenging so they keep me interested. Most of the workouts are on youtube

Spacers's picture
Joined: 12/29/03
Posts: 4100

I haven't gained any weight but in the last year the extra weight that I carry has shifted, and I'm not happy with it. My hips & thighs have actually thinned a bit, and my *** has sagged, but I now have that not-lovely spare tire thing going on between my boobs & waistline. My pants are literally falling off (I've put pins in a couple of my skirts until I have time to take them in properly) but if you look at me from the waist up, I look like I've gained 30 pounds. Ah the joys of growing older. (note to self: get back to yoga!)

Minx_Kristi's picture
Joined: 01/02/09
Posts: 1261

The best work out I have ever done was The Hotpants workout by Dan Karaty.

I lost 56lbs, but I was following a high protein diet and doing the DVD 2 times a day. It's not that difficult so you don't feel like giving up and it makes you feel fab!

xx

Joined: 03/08/03
Posts: 3187

"Minx_Kristi" wrote:

The best work out I have ever done was The Hotpants workout by Dan Karaty.

I lost 56lbs, but I was following a high protein diet and doing the DVD 2 times a day. It's not that difficult so you don't feel like giving up and it makes you feel fab!

xx

56 pounds is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Minx_Kristi's picture
Joined: 01/02/09
Posts: 1261

"freddieflounder101" wrote:

56 pounds is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

I know!

Unfortunately, this was before DD and I'm almost positive I've put most of it back on lol.

I need to get motivated again!

xx