Football games: String cheese and Hummus? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Football games: String cheese and Hummus?

  1. #11
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Claire'sMommy View Post
    What Stacey said. I like it.
    Totally embarrassed to admit this, but which one of you is Stacey?

    ~Bonita~

  2. #12
    Posting Addict Spacers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    My avatar is the tai chi -- a symbol of the eternal cycle of life
    Posts
    16,573

    Default

    I am.

    And Lisa (ClairesMommy) if you're ever in San Francisco, I'll set you up with a bunch of wonderful places that serve gluten-free menus.
    The number of U.S. states in which a person can marry the person they love regardless of gender: 30 and counting!

  3. #13
    Mega Poster mom3girls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,516

    Default

    I have no issues with them not serving it, but I think they should allow it to be brought in. We love going to games and having hot chocolate and popcorn, it is a tradition.
    Lisa
    Molly, Morgan, Mia and Carson

  4. #14
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,224

    Default

    Meh like Kim I was okay with them selling junk and I'm okay with this. I'm not okay with bringing i n drinks and food. Encourages teenagers to bring in alcohol.

    Although, I'm not an avid high school sports attendee so maybe that's why. I WOULD be upset if they started regulating fairs and festivals because how would I get my fix of fried dough and apple cider donuts??

  5. #15
    Mega Poster mom3girls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica80 View Post
    Meh like Kim I was okay with them selling junk and I'm okay with this. I'm not okay with bringing i n drinks and food. Encourages teenagers to bring in alcohol.

    Although, I'm not an avid high school sports attendee so maybe that's why. I WOULD be upset if they started regulating fairs and festivals because how would I get my fix of fried dough and apple cider donuts??
    Didnt even think of teenagers bringing in alcohol.
    Lisa
    Molly, Morgan, Mia and Carson

  6. #16
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,355

    Default

    I almost didn't open the thread because I thought you were asking which one you should bring for snacks for the players.

    Anyway...schools are in a unique position with this. Do you extend the school rules to include after-school activities as football, dances, plays, etc.? Or send what could be considered mixed messages?

    Sports venues used to have very traditional food - popcorn, peanuts, hog dogs, soda, and beer. Venturing out to more creative stuff has done them well, but to get rid of the traditional stuff? No way! The HS should sell cheese and hummus and all the crap. It's a huge money-maker for the school.

  7. #17
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ethanwinfield View Post
    I almost didn't open the thread because I thought you were asking which one you should bring for snacks for the players.

    Anyway...schools are in a unique position with this. Do you extend the school rules to include after-school activities as football, dances, plays, etc.? Or send what could be considered mixed messages?

    Sports venues used to have very traditional food - popcorn, peanuts, hog dogs, soda, and beer. Venturing out to more creative stuff has done them well, but to get rid of the traditional stuff? No way! The HS should sell cheese and hummus and all the crap. It's a huge money-maker for the school.
    It is a money maker you are right. I'll venture a guess in that they may go back to offering traditional fare or a mix because I don't see this as being a huge seller at these events. I might be wrong though.

  8. #18
    Posting Addict Alissa_Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Debating Away on the Debate Board!
    Posts
    11,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica80 View Post
    It is a money maker you are right. I'll venture a guess in that they may go back to offering traditional fare or a mix because I don't see this as being a huge seller at these events. I might be wrong though.
    The thing I thought is that it's usually cold at football games, and string cheese and hummus are tasty, but not exactly what you want when it's cold outside. They need to figure out some warm healthier options too; I think those would be a better seller.
    Jessica80 likes this.
    -Alissa, mom to Tristan (5) and Reid (the baby!)

    Got an opinion? We've got a board! Come join us for some lively debate on the Face Off! Debate Arena board.

  9. #19
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alissa_Sal View Post
    We have a completely GF bakery by our house that also serves sandwiches and stuff. If you're ever in Denver, look me up, we'll do lunch.
    Our Wholesale head office is in Denver. Maybe I should find a reason to tag along on one of my boss's trips. He's there like once a month. We could def do lunch!!!

  10. #20
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacers View Post
    I am.

    And Lisa (ClairesMommy) if you're ever in San Francisco, I'll set you up with a bunch of wonderful places that serve gluten-free menus.
    I would love SF, I think. It looks like such a cool mix of new, old, quaint and funky. And I miss the water too. No water here, just a river.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions