Is Free Birth Control like 9/11 and Pearl Harbor? - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 147
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is Free Birth Control like 9/11 and Pearl Harbor?

  1. #61
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,224

    Default

    Sorry my keyboard is messed up, missed a bunch of words, and my daughter doesn't want to go to bed so that was a mess of a post. My bad

    A secular company cannot complain that things like providing certain benefits is against their religion because a company cannot practice a religion and an owner/CEO etc cannot force his/her employees to believe what he/she believes.

  2. #62
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica80 View Post
    Sorry my keyboard is messed up, missed a bunch of words, and my daughter doesn't want to go to bed so that was a mess of a post. My bad

    A secular company cannot complain that things like providing certain benefits is against their religion because a company cannot practice a religion and an owner/CEO etc cannot force his/her employees to believe what he/she believes.
    A secular company maybe, but you are lumping Walmart into the same grouping as a small country church. The Govt does not have any business telling a church what they should or should not do.

    ~Bonita~

  3. #63
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,224

    Default

    And currently those religious exemptions and safe harbor employers (those that are fighting due to their religious nature) are exempt for the next year while it is determined.

    I still think that it's sad that even if they have a religious background that they are fighting this. Again, BC is used for other medical reasons. I think it's better to err on the side that there might be some women that need that as employees or spouses/children of employees for medical purposes and not just for family planning.

  4. #64
    Mega Poster mom3girls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica80 View Post
    And currently those religious exemptions and safe harbor employers (those that are fighting due to their religious nature) are exempt for the next year while it is determined.

    I still think that it's sad that even if they have a religious background that they are fighting this. Again, BC is used for other medical reasons. I think it's better to err on the side that there might be some women that need that as employees or spouses/children of employees for medical purposes and not just for family planning.
    You dont think that docs could code things in a way to meet that need?
    Lisa
    Molly, Morgan, Mia and Carson

  5. #65
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,224

    Default

    From an insurance standpoint highly unlikely. When a prescription is run through for pharmacy coverage the company is not seeing why you are getting a medication. So most companies that want to rider out birth control pills will rider them out completely because they don't want to get involved in prior authorizations to prove it is for medical rather than family planning needs. There is no coding involved with medications. Things like IUD insertion also don't generally provide a medical diagnosis when a claim is coded into insurance.

  6. #66
    Posting Addict Spacers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    My avatar is the tai chi -- a symbol of the eternal cycle of life
    Posts
    16,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaEimers View Post
    A secular company maybe, but you are lumping Walmart into the same grouping as a small country church. The Govt does not have any business telling a church what they should or should not do.
    When that church is operating as a business, employing anyone beyond a pastor, then the government absolutely does have the right to tell that BUSINESS what to do when what they are doing is against the law. And quite frankly I'm not interesting in hearing all about how churches have any rights to anything when they pay zero taxes on their income. Explain how any other business in the U.S. would be acceptable doing that.
    The number of U.S. states in which a person can marry the person they love regardless of gender: 30 and counting!

  7. #67
    Mega Poster mom3girls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica80 View Post
    From an insurance standpoint highly unlikely. When a prescription is run through for pharmacy coverage the company is not seeing why you are getting a medication. So most companies that want to rider out birth control pills will rider them out completely because they don't want to get involved in prior authorizations to prove it is for medical rather than family planning needs. There is no coding involved with medications. Things like IUD insertion also don't generally provide a medical diagnosis when a claim is coded into insurance.
    Thanks for the explanation on that. DD #2 is on 4 meds a month and 2 are not covered by our insurance, I always thought they got a diagnoses code when the insurance got the rx
    Lisa
    Molly, Morgan, Mia and Carson

  8. #68
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacers View Post
    When that church is operating as a business, employing anyone beyond a pastor, then the government absolutely does have the right to tell that BUSINESS what to do when what they are doing is against the law. And quite frankly I'm not interesting in hearing all about how churches have any rights to anything when they pay zero taxes on their income. Explain how any other business in the U.S. would be acceptable doing that.
    There are many taxed exempted businesses that are not churches such as the United Way. As for paying tax on your income, no one in my State pays income tax.

    ~Bonita~

  9. #69
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mom3girls View Post
    Thanks for the explanation on that. DD #2 is on 4 meds a month and 2 are not covered by our insurance, I always thought they got a diagnoses code when the insurance got the rx
    No problem That's the reason behind when a medication needs a prior authorization. It usually means it's over prescribed so the company is looking for the reason behind it

  10. #70
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    There are lots of things that employers don't want to do but the government forces them to do. I'm sure they'd love to pay people $1 an hour and have them work from 5am to 12am everyday. But there are labour laws to stop them taking advantage of workers. If someone does not want to follow the law and treat their workers acceptably, they can choose to not have employees. If they have employees they have to treat them properly. The Catholic Church can either pay for insurance that covers medically necessary procedures and medication r or they can sell their hospitals to someone who does treat their employees decently. Their choice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions