General Chatter Thread - Page 186
Closed Thread
Page 186 of 283 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2821
Like Tree1188Likes

Thread: General Chatter Thread

  1. #1851
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Sure Melis, just pm me or whatever. I don't want to tie up this thread with a non-circing issue!

  2. #1852
    Mega Poster mom3girls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,439

    Default

    Lisa, so sorry. I agree with Melissa and I would rule out other reasons this could be happening before operating
    Lisa
    Molly, Morgan, Mia and Carson

  3. #1853
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    I'm hosting my first paleo dinner party tonight ( I'm not paleo the guest of honor is). It's like a million degrees- all I feel like serving is ice cream cones.

  4. #1854
    Posting Addict Spacers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    My avatar is the tai chi -- a symbol of the eternal cycle of life
    Posts
    16,481

    Default

    I'm sure cavemen would have eaten ice cream if they'd been smart enough to invent it.

    Lisa, please do not attempt to retract your son's foreskin. You can do a lot more damage than you think you're fixing, if that makes sense. I forget how old Ben is, but a tight foreskin is generally not a problem before the age of three. If he's beyond that, then you can encourage him to start trying to loosen it in a warm bath but tell him to not do anything that hurts. Also make sure he's using good bathroom hygiene, because sometimes what seems to be a tight foreskin is actually a normal foreskin but the glans is swollen from not being cleaned after every pee. And finally, it may be that someone already tried retracting the foreskin, did some damage, and now there are adhesions; a steroid cream is sometimes helpful in that case but surgery might be needed, but it doesn't have to be a circumcision. The technical term is "phimosis" if you want to do a search.
    David Letterman is retiring. Such great memories of watching him over the past thirty-two years!

  5. #1855
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacers View Post
    I'm sure cavemen would have eaten ice cream if they'd been smart enough to invent it.

    Lisa, please do not attempt to retract your son's foreskin. You can do a lot more damage than you think you're fixing, if that makes sense. I forget how old Ben is, but a tight foreskin is generally not a problem before the age of three. If he's beyond that, then you can encourage him to start trying to loosen it in a warm bath but tell him to not do anything that hurts. Also make sure he's using good bathroom hygiene, because sometimes what seems to be a tight foreskin is actually a normal foreskin but the glans is swollen from not being cleaned after every pee. And finally, it may be that someone already tried retracting the foreskin, did some damage, and now there are adhesions; a steroid cream is sometimes helpful in that case but surgery might be needed, but it doesn't have to be a circumcision. The technical term is "phimosis" if you want to do a search.
    Thanks Stacy. When I took him to the doctor I did say that we have never tried to retract his foreskin before (he turned 4 in May), but it is time to start attempting to gently retract it so we can clean him and show him how to clean himself. He could very well have a swollen glans due to the urine irritation and perhaps a mild fungal infection, which the doctor thinks he might have due to the moisture being trapped inside. The tip of his penis and the little bit of skin we can see inside is red. I don't believe anyone would have ever tried to retract his foreskin because nobody's ever bathed him other than us. Now, could he have pulled it back himself? I guess it's possible but he is more about just fondling himself, not investigating any further . Now, it's not probable, but since Claire has urinary reflux and suffered from many UTIs prior to her 2 surgeries, Ben does have a much higher chance of having the same defect. The doctor said that it would be quite unlikely since boys have much longer urethras and he has never shown any symptoms of a UTI, but the concern is there. So we are just going to do as the doctor suggests and gently over the next several weeks try to retract it and do what we can to help things along. However if he does develop a UTI we will probably have the surgery done. I've had one child ravaged with e-coli in her kidneys and I don't really want to go through that again! Sorry for the novel.

  6. #1856
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,532

    Default

    Yikes! I am sorry for all you are going through. My take away though is "Praise the Lord for Little girls".

    ~Bonita~

  7. #1857
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaEimers View Post
    Yikes! I am sorry for all you are going through. My take away though is "Praise the Lord for Little girls".
    Ironically it is our girl who's gone through the worst with the urinary stuff. Ever seen your kid sucking her thumb for the first time at age 3, curled up in the fetal position with a 105 fever? Yeah, it's not something I want to repeat. It's taken 2 operations for Claire to finally have what seems to be the 'fix' for her kidney infections. Unfortunately it is a defect that runs in families. It does make me a bit nervous for Ben. My sweet boy, I sure hope this is something we can deal with without him having surgery.

  8. #1858
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClairesMommy View Post
    Ironically it is our girl who's gone through the worst with the urinary stuff. Ever seen your kid sucking her thumb for the first time at age 3, curled up in the fetal position with a 105 fever? Yeah, it's not something I want to repeat. It's taken 2 operations for Claire to finally have what seems to be the 'fix' for her kidney infections. Unfortunately it is a defect that runs in families. It does make me a bit nervous for Ben. My sweet boy, I sure hope this is something we can deal with without him having surgery.

    ~Bonita~

  9. #1859
    Posting Addict mom2robbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    5,822

    Default

    Scary day for me. Here is my FB status from earlier:

    Nothing like getting a phone call from day camp that your child fell and hit his head and the paramedics are there. I raced to the rec centre. All is well but a big bump on his head. It was scary but everyone was helpful in calming me down. Robbie is playing on the Wii U so all is right with his world.

    Robbie is now off to bed but we get to wake him and watch for concussion symptoms.
    Margaret (44)
    Sean (38 )
    Robbie (8 )
    Bailey (April 2, 2011)


    "The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind." Caroline Myss

  10. #1860
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2robbie View Post
    Scary day for me. Here is my FB status from earlier:

    Nothing like getting a phone call from day camp that your child fell and hit his head and the paramedics are there. I raced to the rec centre. All is well but a big bump on his head. It was scary but everyone was helpful in calming me down. Robbie is playing on the Wii U so all is right with his world.

    Robbie is now off to bed but we get to wake him and watch for concussion symptoms.
    Oh no! I am so sorry.

    ~Bonita~

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions