General Chatter Thread - Page 21
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 280 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 2797
Like Tree1169Likes

Thread: General Chatter Thread

  1. #201
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    23,342

    Default

    Hey Kyla, I hold on to that crazy kid-mommy love too. Juliet is 5 and just loves me in this crazy, intense way that I know won't last, I'm enjoying it while I have it! She loves her daddy, but she has a fierce crazy love for me right now.
    Laurie, mom to:
    Nathaniel ( 10 ) and Juliet ( 6 )



    Baking Adventures In A Messy Kitchen (blog)

  2. #202
    Prolific Poster bunnyfufu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    1,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClairesMommy View Post
    Sammy, why did he punch the kid? I mean, it's never cool, but there must have been something that made him get so mad.

    I'm afraid my little man will try to be the 'tough' kid in school. He's so little compared to other boys (and girls!) his age and he thinks he's so bad a$$, like he's got something to prove. If he's 50 pounds though, he's not little. That's what my girl weighs, exactly, and she'll be 6 next week. She's tall though.


    He did have a reason. He said that Peyton was trying to kiss him. I know this kid and I am sure he was just horsing around, nothing weird. But my boy wasn't taking it.

    I made him write a note to the little kid though.

  3. #203
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freddieflounder101 View Post
    Hey Kyla, I hold on to that crazy kid-mommy love too. Juliet is 5 and just loves me in this crazy, intense way that I know won't last, I'm enjoying it while I have it! She loves her daddy, but she has a fierce crazy love for me right now.
    OMG I totally have that from Claire. Like, she just goes wild for me! When she sees me after work or when I come home from the gym she's totally full of joy and can't contain her excitement. I love it It's so genuine. And, she just is full of physical love - cuddles, hugs, kisses, and just wants to be near me.

  4. #204
    Posting Addict SID081108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KimPossible View Post
    LOL my 11 year old is only like 57 pounds
    WOW! My 4.5 year old weighs 47. LOL And she's not chunky at all. But everyone always thinks she's at least 6 because she's tall.
    CARRIE and DH 7/14/07
    SOPHIA 8/11/08
    LAYLA 3/24/11


  5. #205
    Community Host Alissa_Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Debating Away on the Debate Board!
    Posts
    11,771

    Default

    So far the age that I find the most stressful is young toddlerhood. Like, when they're mobile but can't really be reasoned with yet. They're just such little lunatics then. I feel like at that age they are perpetually 5 seconds away from yanking on a table cloth and pulling a heavy potted plant down on their heads, or eating a rando pill that they found under the couch. I like it better when they're either too little to reach most of the stuff that could kill them, or old enough where you can tell them "We don't eat pennies" and feel reasonably assured that they won't eat the pennies.
    -Alissa, mom to Tristan (5) and Reid (the baby!)

    Got an opinion? We've got a board! Come join us for some lively debate on the Face Off! Debate Arena board.

  6. #206
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    23,342

    Default

    Toddlerhood was exhausting too. Oh lord. They can't be left alone for ONE minute or they're chewing on wires and trying to climb up the curtains. No nostalgia for that except they were so RIDICULOUSLY cute it was insane.
    Laurie, mom to:
    Nathaniel ( 10 ) and Juliet ( 6 )



    Baking Adventures In A Messy Kitchen (blog)

  7. #207
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ftmom View Post
    It makes me sad every time the baby hits a new stage though, that we will never have that time again
    I thought that I would be WAY sad about "last" phases ~ but I find that I'm not, which shocks me as I'm one of those nostalgic people. Instead I find myself very into these new things, like the learning to read and write stuff, or the fun of more grown up sports leagues or getting to actually play games with them that are fun (vs the torture of playing, like, playdoh which brings out all my perfectionistic tendencies with color mixing and whatnot). We played a game that we just got called Quirkle last night and it was SO much fun ~ or playing street hockey with my kids is actually fun now, not pretend fun........I do love that sort of stuff and I think that enjoying the new grown up things keeps me from being sad about the "lasts" somehow. I thought that ending nursing with my little guy or potty training would be emotional for me but somehow it wasn't, which really surprised me. Its all such a weird journey, isn't it? I will say my oldest starting Kindergarten was super emotional for me. I think that I got teary for like a week before he actually got on the bus, just thinking about it

  8. #208
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freddieflounder101 View Post
    Toddlerhood was exhausting too. Oh lord. They can't be left alone for ONE minute or they're chewing on wires and trying to climb up the curtains. No nostalgia for that except they were so RIDICULOUSLY cute it was insane.
    I agree. The toddler that you can't reason with or understand any consequences is just exhausting. I was never sad to see that phase go. BUt there's always something a bit sad about when the toddler tummy goes away and they start getting lean and tall and just looking older. I thought that about Ben this morning. I put him in a pair of jeans and a Red Sox t-shirt and he put both his hands in his front pockets and just gave me this wry little smile. I instantly saw him as an adult. I almost broke down.

  9. #209
    Community Host Alissa_Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Debating Away on the Debate Board!
    Posts
    11,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    I thought that I would be WAY sad about "last" phases ~ but I find that I'm not, which shocks me as I'm one of those nostalgic people. Instead I find myself very into these new things, like the learning to read and write stuff, or the fun of more grown up sports leagues or getting to actually play games with them that are fun (vs the torture of playing, like, playdoh which brings out all my perfectionistic tendencies with color mixing and whatnot). We played a game that we just got called Quirkle last night and it was SO much fun ~ or playing street hockey with my kids is actually fun now, not pretend fun........I do love that sort of stuff and I think that enjoying the new grown up things keeps me from being sad about the "lasts" somehow. I thought that ending nursing with my little guy or potty training would be emotional for me but somehow it wasn't, which really surprised me. Its all such a weird journey, isn't it? I will say my oldest starting Kindergarten was super emotional for me. I think that I got teary for like a week before he actually got on the bus, just thinking about it
    That's mostly how I've felt about T too. I admit that I was a little sad the last time I nursed him, but for the most part I have been more excited and entertained as he has passed out of the baby stages and gotten into more "big boy" stuff. I don't yet know how I will feel about it with Rocket, as he is most likely my last, but I wasn't always sure we were going to have any more after T and I have still mostly just really enjoyed the new phases and all of the fun stuff that comes with having a kid that is a little bit older. Haha, I totally know what you mean about Playdough bringing out your perfectionist tendencies - I have a terrible time with anything like that too because I want him to not mix the colors or stay inside the lines, or whatever, and I have to keep silently reminding myself that it doesn't matter. LOL

    Lisa - Yes about the toddler belly! That little round belly is so stinkin' cute, it is a little sad when they lose that. T is as skinny and flat tummed as a rail these days, which makes it hard to believe he ever had that fat little baby tummy. Awwwww.
    -Alissa, mom to Tristan (5) and Reid (the baby!)

    Got an opinion? We've got a board! Come join us for some lively debate on the Face Off! Debate Arena board.

  10. #210
    Posting Addict smsturner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    5,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    I thought that I would be WAY sad about "last" phases ~ but I find that I'm not, which shocks me as I'm one of those nostalgic people. Instead I find myself very into these new things, like the learning to read and write stuff, or the fun of more grown up sports leagues or getting to actually play games with them that are fun (vs the torture of playing, like, playdoh which brings out all my perfectionistic tendencies with color mixing and whatnot). We played a game that we just got called Quirkle last night and it was SO much fun ~ or playing street hockey with my kids is actually fun now, not pretend fun........I do love that sort of stuff and I think that enjoying the new grown up things keeps me from being sad about the "lasts" somehow. I thought that ending nursing with my little guy or potty training would be emotional for me but somehow it wasn't, which really surprised me. Its all such a weird journey, isn't it? I will say my oldest starting Kindergarten was super emotional for me. I think that I got teary for like a week before he actually got on the bus, just thinking about it
    When I thought I would stop with my two, I thought the same thing, that it all would make me sad. But I found the same thing as you are saying. I loved every new thing and how they were into the new things
    Susan, dh Tom, dd Megan, ds Marcus, ds #2 coming Feb, 2014

    Lilypie Maternity tickers

    I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions