General Chatter Thread - Page 212
Closed Thread
Page 212 of 283 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2821
Like Tree1188Likes

Thread: General Chatter Thread

  1. #2111
    Prolific Poster ftmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,378

    Default

    My heart goes out to all you moms dealing with sick kids. I hope it all works out well for all of you.

    KIDS! STOP FREAKING OUT YOUR MOMS!

    Gloria, enjoy your visit!
    Kyla
    Mom to Arianna (5), Conner (3) and Trent (my baby)

  2. #2112
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ftmom View Post
    My heart goes out to all you moms dealing with sick kids. I hope it all works out well for all of you.

    KIDS! STOP FREAKING OUT YOUR MOMS!

    Gloria, enjoy your visit!
    No $hit.

    Kim, how is Nathalie? I just can't imagine going through what you are going through right now. If it's a virus or other kind of infection I sure hope they figure it out soon. You must be so stressed.

  3. #2113
    Posting Addict KimPossible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClairesMommy View Post
    No $hit.

    Kim, how is Nathalie? I just can't imagine going through what you are going through right now. If it's a virus or other kind of infection I sure hope they figure it out soon. You must be so stressed.
    Well she woke up seeming to feel well, like she often does, and they went off to see a movie so lets hope that she doesn't barf at the movie theater. At this point i feel like my options are to keep her home all the time because she might just end up barfing at some point, or just bring her and hope for the best. It seems to me if that she wakes up feeling good, then she doesn't start feeling sick until 4:00ish. If she wakes up looking not quite right, then she will barf in the AM.

    I just keep thinking though...what am i going to do if this is still going on when school starts back up? How on earth is this going to work?

    We have an appointment next Tuesday with a different doc. My doc talked to this one and she said he didn't really have much insight but would be happy to see her in person. I'm not really sure how much good this appointment will do. He had an entire detailed history of things, and she's been seen in person twice. If they check her eyes, feel for her glands and check her balance again and then shrug their shoulders I might just get a little stabby.

    My next step will be to bring her to my own PCP, who is a family practitioner. I also know her outside of the doc/patient relationship, so maybe she will take it to heart that i don't want to just wait around and see if it goes away.

  4. #2114
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    How is her balance, actually? Are they checking for BPPV? It could be a possibility. It is awful, but can be fixed with the right therapy. I've had it, and children can get it too. Any recent infections or head trauma? It doesn't have to be like massive trauma, just enough to give her head a bit of a jolt.

  5. #2115
    Posting Addict KimPossible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClairesMommy View Post
    How is her balance, actually? Are they checking for BPPV? It could be a possibility. It is awful, but can be fixed with the right therapy. I've had it, and children can get it too. Any recent infections or head trauma? It doesn't have to be like massive trauma, just enough to give her head a bit of a jolt.
    Her balance was normal each time they checked it. I don't know if there are any more in depth balance checks they can do. They just do the thing where they have you close your eyes and stand still.

  6. #2116
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KimPossible View Post
    Her balance was normal each time they checked it. I don't know if there are any more in depth balance checks they can do. They just do the thing where they have you close your eyes and stand still.
    That test does nothing. Most dizzy spells, like with BPPV, are brought on by rapid head movements, like tipping it back or from side to side quickly. A physiotherapist trained in vestibular rehab will be able to tell you quickly and easily if Nathalie is having a balance/vertigo issue by the involuntary eye movements that they try to induce in order to diagnose the problem. It's a quick test where they have her sitting on a table, then tip her to one side quickly and lie her down. They watch her eyes the whole time to see if they start spinning or moving involuntarily. My rehab literally saved my life. I was completely incapacitated, but within just a couple of weeks I was completely 100% better.

    Maybe the suggestion is grasping at straws a bit, but I'm quite certain you will do whatever it takes to find out what's going on! Good luck with everything.

  7. #2117
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Kim and Lisa I'm thinking if you both- there is nothing more frightening than dealing with health issues with our kids and I hope you both get some answers. Please keep us posted.

    Kim has she been tested for allergies?

    im starting whole30 today, has anyone ever done it?

  8. #2118
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    Kim and Lisa I'm thinking if you both- there is nothing more frightening than dealing with health issues with our kids and I hope you both get some answers. Please keep us posted.

    Kim has she been tested for allergies?

    im starting whole30 today, has anyone ever done it?
    Thanks Melis. What is whole30? Never heard of it, but then again....well, I'm like on the non-plan plan when it comes to exercise/workout regimes

  9. #2119
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    23,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClairesMommy View Post
    Thanks Melis. What is whole30? Never heard of it, but then again....well, I'm like on the non-plan plan when it comes to exercise/workout regimes
    Same here. I had to Google it because I have no idea what it is.

    I have been doing this superweird kundalini yoga on Wednesday nights....it's so weird! It's exhausting, though.
    Laurie, mom to:
    Nathaniel ( 10 ) and Juliet ( 7 )




    Baking Adventures In A Messy Kitchen (blog)

  10. #2120
    Posting Addict Spacers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    My avatar is the tai chi -- a symbol of the eternal cycle of life
    Posts
    16,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClairesMommy View Post
    Stacey I can't see the pic. KUP on what the doctor says. I think sometimes when a flash catches the eye in just the right way it can make the pupil look white. Wouldn't hurt to have an eye doctor with the right tools to check it out and reassure that everything is okay!
    That's weird that the photos aren't showing now but they are both straight-on and he has his eyes wide open, which in itself is a miracle because he alternates between not wanting his picture taken or doing a goofy grin with his eyes squinted. In one of them, the right pupil is white, or mostly white with a bit of pink to it. A straight-on shot *should* make the pupil look red because it's showing the blood vessels on the retina. If it were just one photo, I wouldn't be worried at all, I'd put it down to a bad angle, but there are three. Yikes. But then there's the second photo, almost identical to the first just more in focus, that shows both pupils are bright red so I just keep looking at that one, LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by ClairesMommy View Post
    Ben is being tested for type 1 diabetes today. All the recent bed wetting and incontinence, the crazy thirst, the lack of growth (he has only gained a few ounces in the past year). The test is at 2:50. Some positive thoughts and a few prayers would be great if you guys can spare some! I'm pretty nervous about this.
    Things like this are harder on us parents than on the kids, I think. One of Tiven's teammates was diagnosed with diabetes last year and she was so excited to finally feel better that the restrictions & shots were nothing more to her than a new routine. If diabetes isn't the answer, I hope you at least get *some* answer soon!

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    I am leaving for Tucson today to spend a week with my beautiful granddaughters. Can't wait to see them they are just so adorable!
    Woohooo! Enjoy your trip. We'll look forward to an updated siggy when you return, LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by KimPossible View Post
    Well she woke up seeming to feel well, like she often does, and they went off to see a movie so lets hope that she doesn't barf at the movie theater. At this point i feel like my options are to keep her home all the time because she might just end up barfing at some point, or just bring her and hope for the best. It seems to me if that she wakes up feeling good, then she doesn't start feeling sick until 4:00ish. If she wakes up looking not quite right, then she will barf in the AM.

    I just keep thinking though...what am i going to do if this is still going on when school starts back up? How on earth is this going to work?

    We have an appointment next Tuesday with a different doc. My doc talked to this one and she said he didn't really have much insight but would be happy to see her in person. I'm not really sure how much good this appointment will do. He had an entire detailed history of things, and she's been seen in person twice. If they check her eyes, feel for her glands and check her balance again and then shrug their shoulders I might just get a little stabby.

    My next step will be to bring her to my own PCP, who is a family practitioner. I also know her outside of the doc/patient relationship, so maybe she will take it to heart that i don't want to just wait around and see if it goes away.
    Was she the one with migraines? There's something called Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome which is associated with childhood migraines. Inner ear problems can also sometimes cause recurrent vomiting instead of balance problems. It's like the brain is going haywire and not quite sure what to do, so it makes you vomit.
    David Letterman is retiring. Such great memories of watching him over the past thirty-two years!

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions