General Chatter Thread - Page 22
Closed Thread
Page 22 of 283 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 2821
Like Tree1188Likes

Thread: General Chatter Thread

  1. #211
    Posting Addict smsturner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    5,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alissa_Sal View Post
    So far the age that I find the most stressful is young toddlerhood. Like, when they're mobile but can't really be reasoned with yet. They're just such little lunatics then. I feel like at that age they are perpetually 5 seconds away from yanking on a table cloth and pulling a heavy potted plant down on their heads, or eating a rando pill that they found under the couch. I like it better when they're either too little to reach most of the stuff that could kill them, or old enough where you can tell them "We don't eat pennies" and feel reasonably assured that they won't eat the pennies.
    Little lunatics!! Hehehe! That's funny. and true. I thought that Marcus would NEVER be past the stage of doing crazy things. And his impulsivity can STILL give his common sense a run for his money! But he's just different He'll always be my little lunatic
    Susan, dh Tom, dd Megan, ds Marcus, ds #2 coming Feb, 2014

    Lilypie Maternity tickers

    I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26

  2. #212
    Mega Poster mom3girls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,432

    Default

    I am not nearly as sad about moving away from the baby stuff as I thought I would be either. The one thing I do get sad about is when C says a word the right way. Yesterday he asked for his yellow car and I thought I would cry. He used to say Lellow.
    And my 5 year old reading things and realizing that she says them wrong. A few months ago we passed Old Navy and she says "hey that is not called Old maybe, why didnt anyone correct me" The big girls tried to convince that it is called Old maybe, because it was only a maybe that the clothes would still fit after one wear or wash
    I dont like baby talk, but some of the words they say wrong are really cute
    Lisa
    Molly, Morgan, Mia and Carson

  3. #213
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    23,442

    Default

    I agree with you Lisa! Everyone keeps telling me to record Juliet while she still says w for r. She even spells things that way, she had to spell "rope" at school and she wrote w-o-p. WOPE! Omg so cute. Our sitter is Bwittany. She eats Cheewios for bweakfast.
    Laurie, mom to:
    Nathaniel ( 10 ) and Juliet ( 6 )




    Baking Adventures In A Messy Kitchen (blog)

  4. #214
    Mega Poster mom3girls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freddieflounder101 View Post
    I agree with you Lisa! Everyone keeps telling me to record Juliet while she still says w for r. She even spells things that way, she had to spell "rope" at school and she wrote w-o-p. WOPE! Omg so cute. Our sitter is Bwittany. She eats Cheewios for bweakfast.
    This is exactly what I will miss. My oldest now uses sentences with words like perpetuate correctly, I love having conversations with her, but sometimes I want to ask her to say "hellephant" instead of elephant.
    Lisa
    Molly, Morgan, Mia and Carson

  5. #215
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mom3girls View Post
    This is exactly what I will miss. My oldest now uses sentences with words like perpetuate correctly, I love having conversations with her, but sometimes I want to ask her to say "hellephant" instead of elephant.
    What cracks me up is when they use a big word when they are so little. My son when he was 5 would see something funny and say "that was hilarious!" It would make me laugh every time I heard him say that.
    Alissa_Sal likes this.
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  6. #216
    Posting Addict SID081108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mom3girls View Post
    A few months ago we passed Old Navy and she says "hey that is not called Old maybe, why didnt anyone correct me" The big girls tried to convince that it is called Old maybe, because it was only a maybe that the clothes would still fit after one wear or wash
    This is hilarious
    CARRIE and DH 7/14/07
    SOPHIA 8/11/08
    LAYLA 3/24/11


  7. #217
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Ben at bedtime: "Now I lay me dawn to seep. I pay da Lowd my sowl to keep. Da angews watch me frew da night, untiw I wake in mowning light. Amen-ah."

  8. #218
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    23,442

    Default

    See? They're all so cute. . .it's nature's way of making sure we don't kill them.
    Laurie, mom to:
    Nathaniel ( 10 ) and Juliet ( 6 )




    Baking Adventures In A Messy Kitchen (blog)

  9. #219
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freddieflounder101 View Post
    See? They're all so cute. . .it's nature's way of making sure we don't kill them.
    Yep. We could be like those other female species that just eat or abandon their young.

  10. #220
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    23,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClairesMommy View Post
    Yep. We could be like those other female species that just eat or abandon their young.
    I know mine would be delicious....
    Laurie, mom to:
    Nathaniel ( 10 ) and Juliet ( 6 )




    Baking Adventures In A Messy Kitchen (blog)

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions