Juliet was at home, sick on Friday. Now it's Nathaniel. Let the germs begin. . .
Laurie, mom to:
Nathaniel ( 11 ) and Juliet ( 7 )
Baking Adventures In A Messy Kitchen (blog)
Boo on the sickness. I hope Nathaniel feels better!
Carolyn - 37
Wife to Chad - 39
Mom to Tom - 15
Nathan - 10
I guess I will post an update here on how things are going with me.
I have been home from the hospital for 10 days now. I had had a UTI that just never would go away. I think for about 2 months. I had gone to two different doctors (first a minute clinic then my family practitioner) about the UTI. I ended up in the hospital thinking I either had a ruptured tube or a ruptured appendix. It turned out to be a large kidney stone. They sent me home (It was a weekend) and said to call to make an appointment for surgery first thing Monday AM. They also said if I developed a high fever to come in right away to a bigger hospital (I had just gone to a very small hospital because I knew the wait time would be short). I ended up with an almost 103 fever so I went back to the hospital (same company, main office). It ended up I had not only the kidney stone, but infection in my kidney and all throughout my body and even in my blood. They did an emergency surgery to put in a stent and drain my kidney of infection. The bacteria causing the infection ended up being resistant to most antibiotics. While in the hospital my white blood count went from 18k to 8k overnight so they let me go home. I just finished up the 10 day antibiotic that I have been on at home, but I am not sure it is working the way it should. For the last few days I have been having a low grade fever and some pain when going to the bathroom. I am not sure if it is the original infection not completely gone or my body saying it is ready for the stent to be gone. The doctor said to watch my fever closely and to go back to the hospital if it becomes high again. I go back to the doctor on Monday for a follow up visit and to make sure the infection is completely gone. From there they will scheduled a second surgery to remove the stent and kidney stone.
On top of this we are supposed to go on vacation next week. The vacation is already paid for and has been planed a year. I am hoping it works out for me to still go.
Bonita...what an ordeal! I hope you start to feel better soon so you can be back to your normal self and be able to enjoy your vacation.
Mom to Elizabeth (6) and Corinne (4)
Bonita, what antibiotic were you taking?