General Chatter Thread - Page 51
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 283 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 2821
Like Tree1188Likes

Thread: General Chatter Thread

  1. #501
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    I am going to go for a proper bra fitting one of these days. I hear it is an 'uplifting' experience, no pun intended. Okay, pun intended. There's a place near work that does them - a really fancy lingerie shop. I don't want an apathetic sales girl at La Senza measuring me.

  2. #502
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLSunshineMom View Post
    Kyla, how frustrating! I'm sorry.

    Laurie, CONGRATS! That is awesome! I love Foodgawker.
    Just wanted to point out that this was our 500th post. So bummed I missed it

    AFM - I have spent all day (After the girls finished their school work) working in my garden. I strung string for the peas and began planting. I also cut chicken wire for the cucumbers to climb up. So far I have tomatoes, lettuce, carrots, onions, cucumbers, peas, peppers, zucchini, and butternut squash. I have more space, so I might add more stuff later, but this is it for now. I have a third raised bed that I am not planning to plant this year (I was going to do corn, but it is not deep enough yet), that I might let the girls plant some water melon or pumpkin. This is my first time doing everything from seeds. Even the tomatoes and peppers.

    ~Bonita~

  3. #503
    Prolific Poster ftmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,378

    Default

    Well, I wrote out all my frustrations and anger and I am feeling much better. Plus, Conner is really sick today, and that just puts things in perspective for me.

    My poor baby has thrown up 6 times since 9 (in the car, which is gross BTW), and now he is just throwing up bright yellow bile. The nurses line says I should get him checked out, but DH has the car right now (and no phone), so I will have to wait until he comes back and decide weather to take him in or not.
    Kyla
    Mom to Arianna (5), Conner (3) and Trent (my baby)

  4. #504
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ftmom View Post
    Well, I wrote out all my frustrations and anger and I am feeling much better. Plus, Conner is really sick today, and that just puts things in perspective for me.

    My poor baby has thrown up 6 times since 9 (in the car, which is gross BTW), and now he is just throwing up bright yellow bile. The nurses line says I should get him checked out, but DH has the car right now (and no phone), so I will have to wait until he comes back and decide weather to take him in or not.
    I hope he is feeling much better soon! Brianna had a stomach bug like that recently and I agree it is no fun.
    Last edited by AlyssaEimers; 04-08-2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: typo

    ~Bonita~

  5. #505
    Prolific Poster ftmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaEimers View Post
    I hope he is feeling much better soon! Brianna had a stomach bug like that recently and I agree it is no fun.
    Thanks. He is at the hospital right now with DH getting rehydrated with an IV. We went back and forth about whether or not to take him in, but he couldnt keep ANYTHING down, and yet everytime he threw up, something was coming out, so he was getting dehydrated really fast. He gets to come home for the night, and hopefully we can get something into him, or he will have to go back in again tomorrow.
    Kyla
    Mom to Arianna (5), Conner (3) and Trent (my baby)

  6. #506
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,764

    Default

    Aww, the poor little guy.

    ~Bonita~

  7. #507
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    That majorly sucks, Kyla. I hope little Conner is feeling better soon.

    I would LOVE to have a veggie garden, but unfortunately our backyard faces north and between the fence, the shed and the house there's too much shade at any given time, even in the summer when the sun is high. If I planted veggies in my front yard some stuffy neighbour of mine would have a fit and call the city on me. Plus, we still have frost warnings until the end of May, so if I planted when I'm supposed to I'd risk everything dying. I should buy a greenhouse. Didn't we debate that not long ago - having a veggie garden and other stuff in the front yard?

  8. #508
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClairesMommy View Post

    I would LOVE to have a veggie garden, but unfortunately our backyard faces north and between the fence, the shed and the house there's too much shade at any given time, even in the summer when the sun is high. If I planted veggies in my front yard some stuffy neighbour of mine would have a fit and call the city on me. Plus, we still have frost warnings until the end of May, so if I planted when I'm supposed to I'd risk everything dying. I should buy a greenhouse. Didn't we debate that not long ago - having a veggie garden and other stuff in the front yard?
    I do remember that debate

    It used to be that our back yard was complete shade. Then after a tornado a few years ago, one of the trees that was blocking the sun fell. It was devastating at the time, but it created a nice opening of full sun. I do have a smaller raised bed at the side of the house, but this is my first year with beds in the back yard.

    Can you do a few pots on the porch if you can not have a full garden?

    ~Bonita~

  9. #509
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaEimers View Post
    I do remember that debate

    It used to be that our back yard was complete shade. Then after a tornado a few years ago, one of the trees that was blocking the sun fell. It was devastating at the time, but it created a nice opening of full sun. I do have a smaller raised bed at the side of the house, but this is my first year with beds in the back yard.

    Can you do a few pots on the porch if you can not have a full garden?
    I would LOVE for a tornado to come and blow the shed down. I loathe the shed. It takes up good space in my backyard. I could do some tomatoes in pots I suppose. I really love peas and radishes and beans. I have a perfect railing along my front porch to put up string for the peas but unfortunately it only faces east and wouldn't get enough sun. Boo. I wonder how much a small greenhouse would cost. Like, not one of those little plastic jobbies you put on the deck but an actual greenhouse you could walk into. Hey, I just got a great idea. I'll have the shed torn down and a greenhouse put up in its place.
    ftmom likes this.

  10. #510
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,764

    Default

    There are TONS of ideas on Pinterest. I saw one that was made out of old milk jugs. Let me see if I can find you some pictures.

    ETA - http://pinterest.com/pin/6122149465331345/

    Or this one made out of old windows.
    http://pinterest.com/pin/284852745152233132/
    Last edited by AlyssaEimers; 04-09-2013 at 12:47 PM.

    ~Bonita~

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions