General Chatter Thread - Page 52
Closed Thread
Page 52 of 283 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 2821
Like Tree1188Likes

Thread: General Chatter Thread

  1. #511
    Posting Addict KimPossible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,290

    Default

    Kyla I hope your little guy is feeling better today! I HATE stomach bugs!

    There was a debate about planting gardens in your front yard? I must have missed it. I wish i had been there for it though!

    We are thinking about putting raised beds in front of our house, but you know, our yard doesn't look much like a traditional yard. Our house is really set in the middle of a big field, we don't keep the entire thing as mowed grass anyway. And now while they are set off to the right of our house, you can see the pigs from the front too. And there are no neighbors really anyway, so no one to be displeased with our choice

    I would definitely plant a garden in front of my house if it was the only feasible option i had for growing my own food!

  2. #512
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KimPossible View Post

    There was a debate about planting gardens in your front yard? I must have missed it. I wish i had been there for it though!
    I think it was last Spring.

    ~Bonita~

  3. #513
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KimPossible View Post
    Kyla I hope your little guy is feeling better today! I HATE stomach bugs!

    There was a debate about planting gardens in your front yard? I must have missed it. I wish i had been there for it though!

    We are thinking about putting raised beds in front of our house, but you know, our yard doesn't look much like a traditional yard. Our house is really set in the middle of a big field, we don't keep the entire thing as mowed grass anyway. And now while they are set off to the right of our house, you can see the pigs from the front too. And there are no neighbors really anyway, so no one to be displeased with our choice

    I would definitely plant a garden in front of my house if it was the only feasible option i had for growing my own food!
    Le sigh.....I would give just about anything to have that much land and just plant a massive organic veggie garden and wear fugly Crocs (I don't care if you guys hate them) and big sun hat all day and dig in the soil. Maybe when I retire.

  4. #514
    Prolific Poster bunnyfufu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    1,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClairesMommy View Post
    Le sigh.....I would give just about anything to have that much land and just plant a massive organic veggie garden and wear fugly Crocs (I don't care if you guys hate them) and big sun hat all day and dig in the soil. Maybe when I retire.
    Until you really tackle it for a few years and finally give in because you can't beat the pigweed. I gave up and now buy into a CSA.

  5. #515
    Posting Addict ClairesMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunnyfufu View Post
    Until you really tackle it for a few years and finally give in because you can't beat the pigweed. I gave up and now buy into a CSA.
    Pigweed's not my issue. It's those @#$%ing rabbits. What the heck is pigweed anyway?

  6. #516
    Prolific Poster bunnyfufu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    1,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClairesMommy View Post
    Pigweed's not my issue. It's those @#$%ing rabbits. What the heck is pigweed anyway?


    A pesticide resistant nightmare with a billion seeds. Not that I'd nuke it with poison, but it's not even an option. I'd marvel at it's fortitude if it wasn't in my garden. Truly it was a hopeless battle. Rabbits are around here but, really it's the deer. I have caught the buggers up on my front porch on their hind legs - looking like kangaroos, eating the tomatoes from the topsy-turvy pot.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=pigw...w=1348&bih=692

  7. #517
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClairesMommy View Post
    I am going to go for a proper bra fitting one of these days. I hear it is an 'uplifting' experience, no pun intended. Okay, pun intended. There's a place near work that does them - a really fancy lingerie shop. I don't want an apathetic sales girl at La Senza measuring me.
    I finally did this at Nordstrom, and it was a life changing experience. Like Kim, I never ever had worn an underwire bra. All because DUH I too wasn't wearing the right size. After getting fitted I now just have a personal shopper there, when she has something new or something that she thinks I would like she calls me ~ I've even had her just send me bras without trying them on ~ since I hate shopping and they will come pick up things that don't fit/returns for free its an amazing service.

    Kyla how is Connor?

    I just spent an hour working ferociously in my garden and yard ~ It is 80 here after I think we had snow just two weeks ago? Psycho weather. I'm filthy and have scratched up arms and filthy hands ~ awesome timing for my first gel manicure on friday before Hawaii ;/. We are doubling our garden this year ~ ours is in our side yard. After hobbling around on crutches last year I'm really looking forward to expanding this year.

    I'm getting anxious about being away from my kids for so long. Writing up my medical releases and whatnot right now. DH is away all week so I have a lot of work to do to get all of the kids ready. I bought a bunch of new clothes and I am starting to get really excited. Eeeeeekkkkk!
    bunnyfufu likes this.

  8. #518
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,720

    Default

    Would a raised bed or small fense keep the rabbits out?

    ~Bonita~

  9. #519
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    23,593

    Default

    See, and I just want to bake and blog all day. . .how do I arrange that?
    bunnyfufu likes this.
    Laurie, mom to:
    Nathaniel ( 11 ) and Juliet ( 7 )




    Baking Adventures In A Messy Kitchen (blog)

  10. #520
    Prolific Poster ftmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,378

    Default

    Oooohhh, I am so jealous you are going to Hawaii. I so need a vacation! Conner is doing much better today. He had me up at 4 this morning, after keeping his Daddy up most of the night, but I think it was the gravol making him dopy, cause he was in and out of sleep. He has been able to keep some fluid and crackers down this morning, but we are taking it slow as we dont want to overtax his tummy. If he keeps a light lunch down we will go get his IV removed this afternoon.

    I do not have a garden. I had big plans when we moved into this house, but we have such a short growing season, and I always seem to be pregnant or have a new baby in the summer, so I havent got anything done. I have now given up We will plant some sort of garden in our next house, even if its just a small one for the kids to experiment in. I grew up with a huge garden and it was great!

    Oh, and I did try to container garden our first year here, but he dog ate all my vegetables!
    Kyla
    Mom to Arianna (5), Conner (3) and Trent (my baby)

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions