Gosnell Trial Media Blackout (abortion ment.) - Page 16
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 173
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Gosnell Trial Media Blackout (abortion ment.)

  1. #151
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    Wait, seriously? You took on your husband and his income and his children (and HE TOOK ON YOURS!!!!) and you consider that this big sacrifice akin to fostering or adopting? Simply because they didn't come out your vagina? I've never heard anything quite like that. Fascinating.
    Actually it was a financial sacrifice for me. His wife died with no insurance and he was barely scraping by trying to support his 4 children on his own on a fairly low income. I am certainly not better off financially now than I was on my own with only 2 kids to support. But I guess you are the expert on what constitutes sacrifice. I agree there are certainly plenty of people that have done more and if I didn't have to work full time and didn't have 6 kids in the house already I would love to be able to do more.
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  2. #152
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    dp

  3. #153
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    Actually it was a financial sacrifice for me. His wife died with no insurance and he was barely scraping by trying to support his 4 children on his own on a fairly low income. I am certainly not better off financially now than I was on my own with only 2 kids to support. But I guess you are the expert on what constitutes sacrifice. I agree there are certainly plenty of people that have done more and if I didn't have to work full time and didn't have 6 kids in the house already I would love to be able to do more.
    Yes, this goes back to my earlier point. A lot of the people who want to tell others who should be paying for what, who should be giving to who, or who should be raising what babies and why......are those who have little or no ability to do anything for others. Its a fascinating irony.
    blather likes this.

  4. #154
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    Well, then it isn't my fault you aren't good at math. 15,000 is a tiny percentage of all abortions.
    So if 1.3% of babies died because of a faulty crib that there were 1.2 million babies using would you say that is a tiny number since that is only 15,600 babies so that isn't something the crib manufacturers need to address?
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  5. #155
    Posting Addict mom2robbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    5,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    Sorry I just don't buy that a woman doesn't know she is pregnant before 20 weeks. It was probably just an easy box to check when they don't really have a reason.
    My mom was 24 weeks pregnant with my sister when she found out she was pregnant. Not stupid, she was an RN, she just had irregular cycles and thought nothing of it until she felt kicking. There are a lot of other women that are the same. Well I would never have an abortion at any time that does not give me the right to decide what is right for others. In Canada any abortion after 20 weeks is illegal unless a medical threat to the mother but our taxes due go to pay for all the care micro-preemies need.

    And as someone with a birth mom, and adoptive mom and a step mom I find your comment
    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    Well actually I am caring for 4 kids that aren't my own right now
    when referring to your step children. Thank god that my mom and my step-mom did not have your attitude. And my step-mom raised me from the time I was 12, my dad only had custody of me as my mom worked shift work and it was better for me to not have to deal with babysitters all the time.
    Margaret (44)
    Sean (38 )
    Robbie (8 )
    Bailey (April 2, 2011)


    "The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind." Caroline Myss

  6. #156
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Huh? If 1.2 million babies died using cribs and 15,000 died on a tuesday, yes, I would say yes, that is a tiny number. Because dead is dead. Abortion is abortion, to me. Its all terminated pregnancies, to me. Its all a mother who decided to not have that baby. How it shakes out is between her and her god, if she has one. Not me. Your analogy is stupid because cribs are not supposed to kill babies. Abortion is intended to terminate a pregnancy, and it does so.
    Spacers likes this.

  7. #157
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2robbie View Post
    And as someone with a birth mom, and adoptive mom and a step mom I find your comment when referring to your step children. Thank god that my mom and my step-mom did not have your attitude. And my step-mom raised me from the time I was 12, my dad only had custody of me as my mom worked shift work and it was better for me to not have to deal with babysitters all the time.
    Well I guess everyone can just add wicked step mother to my list of faults since I'm sure you know best what my attitude and relationship is with them.

    ETA: Really I just took on the extra work of being a mother to 4 kids just so I would have someone to vent my frustrations on and slap around. And I am raising them full time because their mother is dead.
    Last edited by GloriaInTX; 05-01-2013 at 05:19 PM.
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  8. #158
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Since it is something that people are going into aware of the potential danger of course it needs to be addressed. If I as a consumer, don't know that the crib could collapse on the baby I need to know.

    I know what's going to happen if I walk into an abortion clinic so no need for anyone to tell me.

    And like the gay people you always talk about and how they can marry just of opposite sex that could have clearly applied to you here. No one said you had to marry him and take on his debt and 4 kids. You could have easily married someone you didn't love that was rich. Right?
    Nickerbocker2 likes this.
    Mom to Elizabeth (6) and Corinne (4)

  9. #159
    Posting Addict GloriaInTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica80 View Post
    And like the gay people you always talk about and how they can marry just of opposite sex that could have clearly applied to you here. No one said you had to marry him and take on his debt and 4 kids. You could have easily married someone you didn't love that was rich. Right?
    Absolutely I could have. I really don't get your point though.
    Mom to Lee, Jake, Brandon, Rocco
    Stepmom to Ryan, Regan, Braden, Baley
    Granddaughters Kylie 10/18/2010 & Aleya 4/22/2013


    I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosopy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend. --Thomas Jefferson

  10. #160
    Posting Addict Spacers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    My avatar is the tai chi -- a symbol of the eternal cycle of life
    Posts
    16,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    Sorry I just don't buy that a woman doesn't know she is pregnant before 20 weeks. It was probably just an easy box to check when they don't really have a reason. So make it a rule that after 20 weeks they have to wait 5 more weeks until 25 weeks where the survival rate is 82%. Chances are very good at that point, if she has carried that baby for 20 weeks I don't think 5 more weeks is too much to ask.
    You didn't read it right, it's not that they didn't know before 20 weeks, it's that they didn't know early enough to have an abortion before then. And I know of at least three women, no it's four including my SIL who is due any day now, who have not known they were pregnant until 18 or 19 weeks, one not until she was in active labor. With Tiven, had I not peed on a stick, I wouldn't have known because I had zero symptoms and I regularly skipped my periods with BCP. I'd gotten pregnant the first time after I had some diarrhea and my OB said as long as I wasn't vomiting, I'd get enough protection, but I didn't. That's what happened that time, too, I had had diarrhea but not vomiting, but that time I knew better. I told DH that we might not be safe and we decided to DTD anyway. That's the only reason I even thought to pee on a stick.
    David Letterman is retiring. Such great memories of watching him over the past thirty-two years!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions