The Guardian Plan - Page 21
Closed Thread
Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 528
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: The Guardian Plan

  1. #201
    Posting Addict Rivergallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    9,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuchsiasky View Post
    I am being realistic. I don't want to visit a place where the response to a massacre is to arm more people. I am not afraid of Canadians, but America scares the hell out of me.

    No I am not worried about history repeating itself. I think we as humans are capable of learning. I also think there are much better ways to settle differences. But those ways are a lot harder to achieve if everyone is angry and armed.

    ETA - We do have a province that is completely different than the rest of the country. Quebec has a different culture and language. There are a lot of issues. And many of them do not want to be a part of Canada any longer. Do they arm themselves and prepare for civil war? No they elect officials who push a vote to separate. The last one came out 49/51 against separation. Had they voted to leave we would have let them. No wars, no guns, just voting.
    So.. let me get this straight.. you are so scared of the US you won't even visit it.. But us living here don't have the right to protect ourselves from the idiots?
    I do understand Quebec's issue. But the US already went through one war about State Vs Fed government.. It is a different culture.
    How do we not repeat it? NOT do the same things
    DH-Aug 30th 1997 Josiah - 6/3/02 Isaac 7/31/03

  2. #202
    Posting Addict Rivergallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    9,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuchsiasky View Post
    Exactly. There is still violence. We can't make that go away. But removing guns from the equation lowers the level and removes the fatalities. Those children in China lived through the attack even if they were traumatized and injured.
    Again the China attack.. please review the recent attacks.... China has had an outbreak of these Kindergarteners attacked with knives.. and YES many children were killed.
    DH-Aug 30th 1997 Josiah - 6/3/02 Isaac 7/31/03

  3. #203
    Posting Addict Rivergallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    9,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post
    That isn't the message at all, Lisa. This is a study.

    Or maybe it is just bunk like the climate change stuff, too. Right? Damn PhD's and their agendas?
    No see. it was Global warming we disagreed with.. So when they found out there wasn't global warming the liberals changed the name ..

  4. #204
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    15,356

    Default

    Bear in mind that I haven't read through everything, but I needed to get this thought out of my head before I forgot it.

    Allowing teachers to carry guns seems so reactionary (if that's even a word), when what we need to do as a country is be proactive. If we had much stricter gun laws then there will be little to no chance that these mass shootings will continue to take place. I'm all for people being able to hunt and have a handgun for protection, but who the hell needs a rifle that will shoot off over 100 rounds of ammunition besides the military?
    Carolyn - 37
    Wife to Chad - 39
    Mom to Tom - 15
    Matt -11
    Nathan - 10


  5. #205
    Posting Addict Rivergallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    9,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica80 View Post
    Okay so if you are playing a game and are holding a gun you expect the person on the screen to automatically also have a gun.

    However,

    If you are holding a real gun and real life you are saying there is no way you would have the same response? If someone lifted up a shoe to you and you had a gun you wouldn't use it thinking that person must also have a gun?
    Who walks around holding guns in real life, unless they are fighting in the military? Or a trained policemen? All CCrs I know keep it Concealed .. not walking around holding it.

  6. #206
    Posting Addict Rivergallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    9,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mommydearest View Post
    Bear in mind that I haven't read through everything, but I needed to get this thought out of my head before I forgot it.

    Allowing teachers to carry guns seems so reactionary (if that's even a word), when what we need to do as a country is be proactive. If we had much stricter gun laws then there will be little to no chance that these mass shootings will continue to take place. I'm all for people being able to hunt and have a handgun for protection, but who the hell needs a rifle that will shoot off over 100 rounds of ammunition besides the military?
    I understand your concern, we all have it.. But what law will a criminal follow?
    DH-Aug 30th 1997 Josiah - 6/3/02 Isaac 7/31/03

  7. #207
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivergallery View Post
    What are you talking about? "false version". Protecting the 2nd amendment is not causing babies to be gunned down.
    What, exactly, is your version of protecting the 2nd amendment doing, then? It isnt' protecting babies from being gunned down, you yourself acknowledge that it is meaningless in the case of the US government turning on you as you are powerless against it.......so........Wha? You claim that you need guns to protect yourself from the government then when I prove that your guns are useless you act like that doesnt matter.........WHY DO YOU NEED A GUN?

    To fight a nuke? Thats super brave. Bravo. Is this the stuff you are teaching your children in history class?
    Last edited by Potter75; 12-19-2012 at 11:09 PM.

  8. #208
    Posting Addict Rivergallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    9,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    What, exactly, is your version of protecting the 2nd amendment doing, then? It isnt' protecting babies from being gunned down, you yourself acknowledge that it is meaningless in the case of the US government turning on you as you are powerless against it.......so........Wha? You claim that you need guns to protect yourself from the government then when I prove that your guns are useless you act like that doesnt matter.........WHY DO YOU NEED A GUN?

    To fight a nuke? Thats super brave. Bravo. Is this the stuff you are teaching your children in history class?
    What are you talking about? So every time the government goes rogue it going to nuke everyone? Point is, it doesn't matter if the militia wouldn't work. It is still a right to form one. You are incredible rude, no need for an ad hominem attack, no one brought up school choice.

  9. #209
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    15,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivergallery View Post
    I understand your concern, we all have it.. But what law will a criminal follow?
    I'm not saying they will follow the law. But if they don't have access to multi-shot rifles and such, then that eliminates some of the risk. Like I said, there is no good reason for someone to have something that shoots 100+ rounds, so the general public shouldn't have them at all.
    Carolyn - 37
    Wife to Chad - 39
    Mom to Tom - 15
    Matt -11
    Nathan - 10


  10. #210
    Posting Addict fuchsiasky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    5,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivergallery View Post
    So.. let me get this straight.. you are so scared of the US you won't even visit it.. But us living here don't have the right to protect ourselves from the idiots?
    I do understand Quebec's issue. But the US already went through one war about State Vs Fed government.. It is a different culture.
    How do we not repeat it? NOT do the same things
    I am not afraid to visit for the criminal aspect I fear to visit for the bolded sentiment. The idea of people taking justice into their own hands does not sit well with me. That is why we have police forces.

    You are right it is an entirely different culture. I don't get it and probably never will. We did go through a war with your nation in fact and we do not arm in case the US does a repeat of 1812.
    Me- Fuchsia
    My Wonderful Partner - Rob
    DD - December 17 2008
    DSD 15
    DSS 18
    Feline Furbabies - Sophie and Indigo

    Little Babe 22/12/05


Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions