The Guardian Plan - Page 22
Closed Thread
Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 528
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: The Guardian Plan

  1. #211
    Posting Addict Rivergallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    9,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mommydearest View Post
    I'm not saying they will follow the law. But if they don't have access to multi-shot rifles and such, then that eliminates some of the risk. Like I said, there is no good reason for someone to have something that shoots 100+ rounds, so the general public shouldn't have them at all.
    So you are against the 2nd amendment? It is ok if you are, just making sure where everyone stands

  2. #212
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivergallery View Post
    What are you talking about? So every time the government goes rogue it going to nuke everyone? Point is, it doesn't matter if the militia wouldn't work. It is still a right to form one. You are incredible rude, no need for an ad hominem attack, no one brought up school choice.
    No one brought up abortion in this debate, either. So if we can talk about abortion, we can talk about homeschool and how it affects the minds of children who are isolated and fed rhetoric. The killer was homeschooled. Way more related to the debate than abortion!!!

    If we are going to platform things, might as well be fair If you acknowledge the the militia would not work yet use it as your reason to stockpile weapons your reason is a giant fail. Period.

    And I am not incredible rude just because I disagree with you.

  3. #213
    Posting Addict Rivergallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    9,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuchsiasky View Post
    I am not afraid to visit for the criminal aspect I fear to visit for the bolded sentiment. The idea of people taking justice into their own hands does not sit well with me. That is why we have police forces.

    You are right it is an entirely different culture. I don't get it and probably never will. We did go through a war with your nation in fact and we do not arm in case the US does a repeat of 1812.
    Do you realize how long it would take the police to get to my home? IF they leave as soon as I call 911 it would take them at least 15 minutes if they are speeding, that is about as fast as you could drive it if everyone was out of the way.. HOWEVER there is road construction right now, and realistically it would take at least 20minutes.. if they drove the speed limit and people weren't moving out of the way.. 25-30minutes.... I could have already been raped, killed and dismembered and buried ... sorry not my idea of protection. Same for my children. It might work if we lived it town.
    I do understand about the war of 1912, but you didn't have states fighting states. Nor the huge issue with gaining freedom from England or France did you? There were still ties to England as late as the 80s right? America wanted to be free. Hence our desire for freedoms. And our desire NOT to allow the government to take them.

  4. #214
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    That is your choice to raise your children in an unsafe place. Statistically your firearms do not protect you. I chose differently. Yay me.

  5. #215
    Posting Addict Rivergallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    9,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    No one brought up abortion in this debate, either. So if we can talk about abortion, we can talk about homeschool and how it affects the minds of children who are isolated and fed rhetoric. The killer was homeschooled. Way more related to the debate than abortion!!!

    If we are going to platform things, might as well be fair If you acknowledge the the militia would not work yet use it as your reason to stockpile weapons your reason is a giant fail. Period.

    And I am not incredible rude just because I disagree with you.
    I was not the first to bring up abortion, and yes ad hominem attacks are rude, and not accurate. Also making assumptions about someone or their children is rude. Can you prove homeschoolers are isolated and "fed rhetoric" any more than public schooled children?

    It is ok to disagree with the 2nd amendment if you want. I don't. Who is stockpiling weapons? I just said we should have a right to.

  6. #216
    Posting Addict Rivergallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    9,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    That is your choice to raise your children in an unsafe place. Statistically your firearms do not protect you. I chose differently. Yay me.
    Unsafe compared to what... #1 you are assuming it is less safe because a policeman can't get here. #2 you are assuming what firearms we have. #3 you are assuming how prolific we are at using them.
    I never said it was unsafe. I said a policeman isn't in my safety plan, FUSHIA wanted to leave all the defense up to the police. It is nieve and ignorant to think that the police can protect you.

  7. #217
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    15,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivergallery View Post
    So you are against the 2nd amendment? It is ok if you are, just making sure where everyone stands
    Honestly, I'm not entirely sure where I stand on this. Like I said earlier, I'm okay with people having guns for hunting and protection. But I think both stockpiles and guns that allows rapid fire with large amounts of ammunition are completely unnecessary.
    Rivergallery likes this.
    Carolyn - 37
    Wife to Chad - 39
    Mom to Tom - 15
    Matt -11
    Nathan - 10


  8. #218
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivergallery View Post
    I was not the first to bring up abortion, and yes ad hominem attacks are rude, and not accurate. Also making assumptions about someone or their children is rude. Can you prove homeschoolers are isolated and "fed rhetoric" any more than public schooled children?

    It is ok to disagree with the 2nd amendment if you want. I don't. Who is stockpiling weapons? I just said we should have a right to.
    I have said time and agin that I don't disagree with the 2nd amendment. And yes, if your children are so far from police help they are isolated. And yes, if you teach them, and if you teach them the same stuff you say on here, you are teaching them rhetoric. As to weapons, I don't know what you are stockpiling, I simply know that you are arguing that you should be. That is scary. You are arguing that in other countries bad things happen when smart people like you DON'T stockpile.

    ANywhy, I'm going to go eat some hippy popcorn with my husband. Goodnight! Goodluck!

  9. #219
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    "Little America"
    Posts
    5,568

    Default

    When it's easier to obtain a gun than it is to obtain mental health help, there is a definite issue. Putting guns in schools to reduce gun crimes in schools makes NO SENSE.
    fuchsiasky likes this.

  10. #220
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,390

    Default

    Every article I found said that the shooter was not homeschooled until sometime in 10th grade after he was having problems in Public School. You are already mostly shaped into who you are by 10th grade. Seeing how there are some misconceptions about homeschool, I will gladly clear them up. Most homeschoolers I know (I know a lot) don't just make up the history they teach, but use history books same as Public Schoolers.

    I would also argue that more of the mass murderers we have seen went to public school than were homeschooled. Does that mean it was because they went to Public School? Of course not.

    FTR - I brought up Abortion, not Rivergallery.
    Last edited by AlyssaEimers; 12-19-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: spelling
    Rivergallery likes this.

    ~Bonita~

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions