The Guardian Plan - Page 48
Closed Thread
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 528
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: The Guardian Plan

  1. #471
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInTX View Post
    Of course you aren't allowed to protect yourself unless you have enough money to hire someone else to protect you.
    Cite?

  2. #472
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Gloria, do you see guns as a class issue? Because I almost get from your posts that you think that the rich white liberal people are coming to take them away from you and then you won't have a way to protect yourself from the poor black people. Am I just reading you wrong, or is there a part of this discussion that plays into the whole "I'm part of the white downtrodden getting screwed six ways from sunday hardworking middle class" thing coming into play here and I never realized it? (Not meaning with just you, but meaning maybe I missed it as a part of a lot of gun owners as a whole?) I'm not being snarky ,I'm being serious.

    I've never hired someone to protect me (Other than our police and military, of course, via tax money), but I've also never feared looters.

    So I guess I've never thought of it as a class issue until seeing you lay it out like this ~ you are angry that some who are calling for gun control are wealthy, and you are worried about ghettos/rioting/the police not being able to protect you.
    Last edited by Potter75; 01-12-2013 at 07:55 AM.

  3. #473
    Community Host wlillie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    6,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    Gloria, do you see guns as a class issue? Because I almost get from your posts that you think that the rich white liberal people are coming to take them away from you and then you won't have a way to protect yourself from the poor black people. Am I just reading you wrong, or is there a part of this discussion that plays into the whole "I'm part of the white downtrodden getting screwed six ways from sunday hardworking middle class" thing coming into play here and I never realized it? (Not meaning with just you, but meaning maybe I missed it as a part of a lot of gun owners as a whole?) I'm not being snarky ,I'm being serious.

    I've never hired someone to protect me (Other than our police and military, of course, via tax money), but I've also never feared looters.

    So I guess I've never thought of it as a class issue until seeing you lay it out like this ~ you are angry that some who are calling for gun control are wealthy, and you are worried about ghettos/rioting/the police not being able to protect you.
    quoting for posterity

  4. #474
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

    Very annoying that this won't embed. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Potter75; 01-12-2013 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Fixing link.

  5. #475
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    Gloria, do you see guns as a class issue? Because I almost get from your posts that you think that the rich white liberal people are coming to take them away from you and then you won't have a way to protect yourself from the poor black people. Am I just reading you wrong, or is there a part of this discussion that plays into the whole "I'm part of the white downtrodden getting screwed six ways from sunday hardworking middle class" thing coming into play here and I never realized it? (Not meaning with just you, but meaning maybe I missed it as a part of a lot of gun owners as a whole?) I'm not being snarky ,I'm being serious.

    I've never hired someone to protect me (Other than our police and military, of course, via tax money), but I've also never feared looters.

    So I guess I've never thought of it as a class issue until seeing you lay it out like this ~ you are angry that some who are calling for gun control are wealthy, and you are worried about ghettos/rioting/the police not being able to protect you.
    I can't speak for Gloria, but I might guess what she could be referring to the idea that it is ok to have a gun if you are rich and going Zebra hunting for sport, but that it is not ok to have a gun if you are poor and going deer hunting to sustain your family.

    ~Bonita~

  6. #476
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaEimers View Post
    I can't speak for Gloria, but I might guess what she could be referring to the idea that it is ok to have a gun if you are rich and going Zebra hunting for sport, but that it is not ok to have a gun if you are poor and going deer hunting to sustain your family.

    Who on EARTH has argued against sustenance hunting? Please link to the posts. Because I can assure you with confidence that no one on this thread, or any other, has.

    ETA: ALso, of course they aren't using Guns they own to Zebra hunt. They don't have zebras in America, and you may have noticed its hard to get a gun on a plane.

  7. #477
    Community Host wlillie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    6,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter75 View Post
    Who on EARTH has argued against sustenance hunting? Please link to the posts. Because I can assure you with confidence that no one on this thread, or any other, has.

    ETA: ALso, of course they aren't using Guns they own to Zebra hunt. They don't have zebras in America, and you may have noticed its hard to get a gun on a plane.
    ,

  8. #478
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    ?

    Hey, Lillie, I appreciate my posts as much as anyone.......but no one needs to read my words twice. Can you please stop cluttering the threads with reposts of my posts? Its flattering, but annoying and slightly stalkerish.

    If you can't contribute to the debate with your own thoughts we all understand. If you are saving these threads for "My offspring", don't sweat it, they live with me, I have years to pass along my collective wisdom, you don't have to quote my posts for my kids, though that is awfully thoughtful of you.

    Bonita maybe you are thinking of the post where I asked Kim why Seamus needed a Semi Automatic Rifle for deer hunting? I still maintain that they are unnecessary, though I do understand her explanation of how they make a difference. And if they make that much of a difference, there has to be some sort of way to allow hunters to still use those weapons. I believe that I referenced some sort of hunting club, where hunters who want to own such weapons have to undergo extensive background checks and mental health screenings or some such, keep these high powered rifles at the hunting club, and check them out for the day on the days that they want to go hunting. I also talked about having to maintain insurance and inspections on such weapons. I have several friends who hunt, though most of them in my area are bow hunters.

  9. #479
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,235

    Default

    I agree, I don't remember saying anything about not hunting. I also agree that I don't completely understand why a semi-automatic weapon is necessary to hunt. I know excellent bow hunters as well.

  10. #480
    Posting Addict Rivergallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    9,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica80 View Post
    You said you could see it happening. Especially since your taxes went up.
    You might want to reread, I said some people are Wackos
    DH-Aug 30th 1997 Josiah - 6/3/02 Isaac 7/31/03

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions